1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Norv be able to motivate?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Will Turner be able to motivate? Yes, vicariously through Philip Rivers and his off the charts production. :tup:

Bank on it. :tup:
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    See here is the thing.

You and PR are dirty dancing because Turner can work with a QB. GREAT! Did we hire him as a QB coach? Or even a OC? NO!

We hired him as a head coach.

GREAT! QBs under him have thrived. While the TEAM has dwindled in mediocrity. None of his teams with all those 'thriving' QBs have done all that great. In his many, many, many years of coaching he has made the playoffs as a Head Coach (the position the Chargers have hired him to fill) once. He is 1 for 2 in his single season making the playoffs.

If that is enough to get you guys all twitterpated, and dancing saying "He is real good with the QB!" Good for you.

I tend to think I would like someone who can not only relate to the QB, but someone who can RELATE TO ALL THE PLAYERS! He is the Head fuggin Coach! He is not the god dammed QBs coach!

He has a TEAM to run, not a POSITION to run. He needs to relate to every player, from a kicker who misses the tieing field goal, to the LB who just knocked the shite out of the opposing QB.

You want Norv to help Rivers, fine, I am all for that. But make his the QB coach. Anything else weakens this team by hiring the worst Head coach to run this team.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Finally some bonified points to support your position. :icon_rofl:
  4. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Wow, another creative responce that really digs into the topic by SDC.

And later he will say how he schooled me based on his ability to edit a quote, and compleetly avoid posting anything that shows the simplest level of thought.

Well played *** clown, you have continued your rank as champion idiot of the forum. Good for you.
  5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    You used Twitterpated in a sentence.......:icon_rofl:

It is springtime, Flower. Just keep off my leg. :lol:

I believe AJ has his plan and contingency plan in place. I'd bet AJ is asking the same questions. "Will Norv be able to do this job?"

AJ answered this by hiring not one, but three candidates capable of being HC. I believe between Cotrell and Rivera, Norv will not be required to pay any attention to the Defence. That is an entity unto itself.

Norv will be a "puppet" as HC, more like an OC, with Shelmon maintaining the attention to the Offence as a whole. Norv will develop Philip into the next Dan Marino except with a SB Ring.

I think the only reason Norv is our HC by title, is the cost of aquiring him from SF if we hired him laterally as an OC. I believe we would have given up draft picks.
  6. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    How many more times to you feel the need to articulate your point on this topic? :deadhorse:

This thread stopped being relevant and started being comedy about 150 posts ago. :yes:
  7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting that PR1! :tup:

I agree with the gist of the article: Norv Turner is very competent as an Offensive Coordinator. And that as a head coach, his QB's put up good numbers on teams that didn't make the playoffs.
  8. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Conc is going to EAT you all :yes: :yes: :icon_eek:

:lol:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Then feel free to stay out of the thread. Or are you so arogant that you think we need your input into the thread that you dont care about?

If you dont like the topic, or this that it is no longer relivant, stay the phuck out.
  10. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    So based on everyone's comments on Marty...

That being ONLY THE PLAYOFFS COUNT. We have not helped this team with the hiring of Norv Turner.
  11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I shoulda Repped this post, 'steadda the other onea yours :yes:
  12. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Is that where that red rep came from!:icon_evil: :lol:

So BFISA, what is it that you like about Norv. You were one of the few if not the only pulling for him all along.

What is it that makes you have such faith in Norv?
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I tole y'all early on he got a pass from me for his past failure as HC. The reasons are TNTC, and have been enumerated/debunked /trashed/accepted/spat upon/agreed with/disagreed with here, ad nauseum.

When Troy, Emmitt, and JJ publically lobbied for Jerry Jones to hire norv, onlyta see him take Wade instead, that was good enuff for me. I respect Troy's and JJ's judgement on personnel decisions, and as far as I'm concerned, Jerry's stupidity (no offense, Wade) is the Charger's gain.

So y'all can hold onta y'all anti-Norv opinion, and y'all're welcome to'em.

Me, I gotta move on!! :) :wave:
  14. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    I fondly recall back in the good old days when you used to have a sense of humor. :tdown:

It's not whether the topic is relevant or not. Other than BFISA, I really don't know anyone who does not have reservations in regards to Norv and his staff.

It's the fact that you are not even remotely interested in dialogue on the subject that is tired and worn out. Your only goal and objective in this thread appears to force your opinions onto others. You are not receptive to any other view point which turns this from debate to argument. I have stated, in this thread that I am concerned with Norv's leadership and ability to direct and hold other's accountable. You somehow turned this into my making excuses for Turner. If I felt that you would even attempt to listen to what I had to say without slamming it, I would be more than happy to put my opinions out there. Since past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior (that's the entire basis of your view on Norv isn't it?) why should I even try?

I think that everyone in here is pretty clear on your view of the situation but feel free to type it for the 900th time just in case someone missed it. :lol:
  15. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    :no:

Who's the mean one now?:unsure:
  16. Thread_Killer

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

:icon_confused:
  17. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    That's just another priviledge that I abuse.

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2:
  18. Thread_Killer

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

See, even vBulletin can't tell if you are a chick or a dude.

:icon_rofl:
  19. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    It's my sensitivity and listening skills, it throws some people off. :yes:
  20. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    How do you define 'sense of humor'? Is it by editing posts? Comming in and just arguing to be contrary the way you have? Or is it by telling everyone that I only post to have something to complain about? That is funny to you? It isnt to me.

Then you are arguing throughout this thread for what? The love of being contrary? You want to defend Norv cause that is your 'Sense of Humor'? You feel that only things that should be discussed is what you deem shoud be discussed? Account for your actions in this thread please? Then you can point finger at me.

So you say it, then it must be true. Hell who am I to argue with you, your omnicient, you know everything. Sorry i forgott to get the SDC approval form to post a thread and discuss a topic. I am sorry if my opinion is different from yours. To you that means it is tired and worn out. Again I suggest, if you have nothing to add and feel the subject is as you said, tired and worn out. Then do not come in and post. If it is tired and worn out it will go away on its own.

But your an all powerful Moderator, so go ahead and lock the thread since it is soo offensive to you. I mean I wouldnt want you accusing me of arguing.

Well now, here is the pot calling the kettle black. I am sorry, you have posted your opinion, I should have rolled over and agreed with it. Hell, lets delete every user account but yours so we can ensure everyone here shares your opinion and never goes against it. Great thinking there...:tdown:

And you base that on what? That I do not say Norv is a great HC because he can work with QBs? I take it that you are fine with a HC who is know for only being able to work with QBs. Good for you, I dont and I will state my opinion. If you have problems with that, you can ban me, or STFU about it.

See your being hypocritical by stating that I am wrong for expressing my opinions, when that is exactly what you are doing here. Why are you choosing to argue with me soley because you do not like what I am writing. Isnt your stance that we should just accept what is written by others and never debate it? That is your stance isnt it. Or is that just what you say for me, as you have determined that this thread shouldnt be posted in? Which is it?

Then what are you arguing about in all of those posts? What your the only one who can express such thoughts without being told you are only happy if you are complaining? If you agree with the statements in this thread then what in hell are YOU arguing about?

Thank you for giving me permission to post. Does this mean I dont have to get your sign off to be able to express my opinion here? And who in the hell do you think you are to try and tell me when I can or can not post, what I can or can not post, or what opinions I should or should not agree with? Who in the hell are you?

You a great moderator. The best this site has had. But your a god damned hypocrit when you post tripe like this. I call a spade a spade. You can ban me for that if you want.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us all as to when you have ever listened to another point of view and changed your thinking. See you dont do that. You arrogantly think you know everything. So why not try leading by example.
  21. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Moderators please close this thread. It has been deemed as 'tired and worn out'.

In the future I will post a poll to ensure that I will maintian a false sense of popularity by posting a thread.

I will also be sure to not express any opinions that are not shared by at least 98% of the forum.
  22. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +464 / 0 / -0
    I really liked what Dan Fouts had to say about Norv !! :abq1: :helm1: :bolt2: :icon_toast:
  23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Aw, WTF does that assshole know?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

:yes: :tup:
  24. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Game set and match. :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

Now that you have admitted defeat I will stop taunting you. :tup:
  25. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    I agree. :yes:
  26. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I just want to get a post in before the lock :yes:
  27. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Go ahead Philly, post away, I cant do anything but agree with you or it gets SDC's depends all in a wad.
  28. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Shall I call you a whaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance? :eek:wned:
  29. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Ohh please, don't get me involved I just want to increase my post count:yes:

:icon_rofl: :icon_tease:
  30. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    You had enough of your whining have you?

Ooops, I disagreed with your opinion. Pleaaaaaase dont ban me oh constipated one...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.