1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will this be a "Boring Draft"........?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,683 / 44 / -26
    Teams expect a lack of draft trades
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 18, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT

[​IMG]

The lack of veteran trades (and signings) has made this pre-draft period quieter than usual. Most team executives expect a similar lack of action during the draft, when only picks can be dealt.

“It’s completely dead out there this year,” a NFC G.M. told Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports! “Nothing!”

While the rookie wage scale uncertainty could be a small factor, another decision maker believes the lack of separation at the top of this draft along with so-so quarterbacks will make teams stay put

“Unless you’re desperate for one of the quarterbacks – and I don’t think anybody is really that desperate this year – I think most teams are looking at the top end of the draft and being patient,” another G.M. told Cole.

Seahawks G.M. John Schneider echoed the point.

“There are going to be some need issues for different teams, but you’re probably not seeing a huge difference in terms of who goes second and who goes sixth,” Schneider said.

So the lockout robbed us of an interesting March, and April’s draft will probably include less action too. Thanks guys.
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    It actually think the draft will be a really exciting thanks to the high unusually high number of 2nd round caliber QBs.

Teams will be anxious to get their guy, I can see a lot of trades throughout the entire first round, and mock drafts becoming laughable.
  3. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,683 / 44 / -26
    I hope there's a run on QBs, so there's more quality defensive players available for us to draft. :)
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    All drafts are boring as hell....
  5. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,683 / 44 / -26
    I fixed it for you ;)
  6. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    I dont know. When we took Cromartie, and I heard how little he played in College I was enraged. Then we took English and I was like "WTF with barbaque sauce...."

I have jusr totally given up on trying to judge any draft for a decade or so...
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,683 / 44 / -26
    Doesn't sound like you were bored though. ;)
  8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    This is why my brother and I invented the NFL Draft Drinking Game.

1.) Every player produces a mock draft for each round prior to the round - all that matters is matching the player picked to the slot picked (not necessarily the team). In previous years when the draft was all one day we used to allow for a variance of (2) players at each spot because the game went on ALL DAY LONG. Now that it is divided into three days we've tightened things up.

2.) Watch the draft unfold.

3.) For each selection, if you correctly identified the player selected on your mock give our 5 drinks (we tried the first year with shots and only lasted 2 rounds before we tapped out) to another player. If wrong, note so on your mock sheet and take 5 drinks.

4.) But wait, there's more! If you wrongly identify a player selection that player is still in play. As Indigo said (with horribly thick Spanish accent; thank you Mandy Patinkin!), "Lemme 'splain. No too long. Lemme sum up." When that player is finally selected... you drink the pick differential. This applies to if a player is selected before you project him as well. (e.g. Last year I projected Colt McCoy to Bills at 41st overall; McCoy instead wasn't selected until 85th overall... and LBC got to pound 3 beers; which I suppose was my penance considering I had us projected to draft Alualu at #28 and only had to drink a +18 difference, versus everyone else playing who had him as a mid-2nd and that was how we determined the 3-beer cap.)

5.) With this game, your NFL Draft is never boring... though occasionally the antics going on in front of the TV will be more entertaining than the antics ON the TV.
  9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    You think the draft will be boring, wait til it is over and there is NOTHING going on and nothing to look forward too but bickering.
  10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Bickering?
    Can't we just agree that AJ sucks and move on?
  11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    lol, i meant between owner and players ;)
  12. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Wasabe BJ. They are always bickering... Now they are just trying to get us to feel sorry for them.
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Crap, so much for the 'AJ sucks' angle....
    until the draft anyway...