1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

With the 16th pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chargerlipz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    If LT stays I think our main focus should be on any of the following positions for the 16th pick: LB, OT, & DT. Taking into account the picks before us and who's likely to be available.
    Not really having any idea which way we'll end up going I look at it like this:
    If we drafted a:
    • LB-I think we would take Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC.
    • OT-I think we would take Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
    • DT-Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi (If J. Raji, DT, Boston College, magically happens to be there I would prefer him.)

What do you guys think?

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Jerry might be there, but he's already 25. :unsure:

Oher might be there, but I don't believe that he's worth a 16. :no:

I'm making very few predictions until after the combine.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 19 / -4
    Jerry's a DE like a Tyson Jackson; he's not a Nose Tackle

4. boiaboia

boiaboia BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how about going for a WR?
    Chambers getting old and VJ is drunk driving...
    PR has a crazy good arm, we should make sure he has reliable weapons, week in week out!

5. Vinny ECB

Vinny ECB BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised everyone keeps mentioning LB @ 16. The Charers have drafted 2 LBs 1st round over the last 18 years. Nothing against Ray but the Bolts have found alot of good LBs over the years not at the top of the draft. Maybe Wilhem has dissapointed some people but if he's pushed out, who on the current roster fills that spot? I keep hearing the backups are more like Coop and not your coverage type.

Its all about the peeps up front & S. We need to grab as many OL & DL guys as possible regardless of what happens w/ Olshansky, Goff, etc. I wouldn't mind if the Bolts resigned Super Human Strength but I'd say move him inside and find an impact DE. Let's worry about LB, RB, maybe WR, etc. after taking care of the obvious.