1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

World Football/Futbol/Fußball and Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ViennaLager, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    This fox soccer report brought to you by a 15 point gap in the premier league standings. Did you hear that Sandy? :D:eek:

Dunlop is a brilliant guy.
  2. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
  3. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Koeln now just 3 points out of 3rd place.
  4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    He'd appreciate you saying that. I hope City absolutely crushes Villa tomorrow. That should silence him for a few days. :D

Two other big games. Kickers vs BVB reserves. E. Braunschweig at Duisburg to take on the Zebras.
  5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Well... a real mixed bag of results. City wins 1-0. Braunschweig loses 1-0. And the Kickers match is postponed.
  6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    I won't dispute that the Rags were a little hard done by... but they have been the benefactors of numerous questionable calls over the years. More than I count on my hands and feet. Besides... that shot by Modric goes in whether they have 10 or 11 men on the pitch. Evra looked like he ducked rather than meet it with his head.

haha... Hopefully Chelski can now boot them out of the FA Cup.
  7. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I was a bit surprised with Braunschweig. Kickers and Rauchbiers both got postponed. Too much snow in Rosenheim.
  8. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I didn't care either way. I hate ManU/Rooney and Real Madrid/Ronaldo. At least one of them is gone.

FA Cup... blah... uninteresting to me. Silly trophy.
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    As would be the DFB Pokal? Right?

hey...
    Phase three of your Fox Soccer souvenir package is on its way to you.
  10. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0

Quite true. DFB Pokal isn't of much interest to me as well. I'm more about the standings in the regular season... and the promotions, and relegations. Unless of course the Rauchbiers and the kolschbiers are matched up against each other, then I might take a slight interest in the DFB Pokal.

Sweet. I'll be on the lookout. Sure hope it's a Cisse signed magpie jersey. :D (kidding). That I know you'd keep to yourself.
  11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    For an American you possess a very respectable Voetbol culture. But then again there are times when your red, white and blue underwear shows through. :laugh:

I was talking to this guy at Fox Master Control in Los Angeles about the autographed Rooney shirt giveaway. He was undecided but I said I`d tear it into squares are wash my car with it. Newcastle kit would probably hang in the closet with my 100th anniversary Chelsea shirt. I could hold it up, but I`d never wear it. So indeed I may be temped to give it to you. What you are receiving is more down to the level I can trust the postal system with... (not withstanding the customs declaration). :)
  12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    haha... Chelski down 1-0 to Bucharest at the half. Gotta love the Europa League... (well at least I do).

VfB give up an away goal to Lazio.

----
    Forgot to mention... I like the Schalke bet. A bit risky though. BVB is through, Bayern is a lead pipe cinch... so Schalke would indeed make it three German sides of eight.
  13. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I also like the Europa league. I kinda relate it to the NIT of college basketball, just a lot more fun to watch than basketball. I have a feeling Europa may come to an end tho. It does probably need some overhauling as there's a ****-ton of teams that qualify.

The Schalke bet is good. I see 3 German sides advancing. That would make an interesting draw as of this round, german teams can now face each other.

Hear any news your way about Qatar and FIFA moving that World Cup to the winter? That would put a lot of league teams missing quite a few players.
  14. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Harrassing me one post, and giving me respect in another post. You Cannucks are odd birds. :D Besides, never doubt the magic that USA flag boxers has worked in Russia and all of Europe really. :p

I'm not even sure a Rooney jersey is even good enough use for a rag. You could wear the Newcastle jersey for a few seconds, you'd just need to take a quick shower afterwards.
  15. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Koeln does it again! If Kaiserslautern loses to 1st place Braunschweig, they will be level.
  16. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Heading to Germany and other parts of europe in 2 weeks. I will get to see 2 Bundesliga games and beer aplenty.
  17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Don't forget to take your new fan scarf with you. :D

So... Al Abbas remains undefeated by the Bundesbiers. I still top League 249347. It would be to win one of those numbered groups. Abbas actually pitched as shutout in the Pitch Howlers... (remember that happening before).

Sorry about Schalke there Tyce. I did say there was a risk. Even the invincible Bayern had to sweat out a last few minutes.
  18. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, its been a while. hope everyone is well. All English teams out of the CL, bummer.
    I shall be making my first ever trip to the Nou Camp this Sunday night when they take on Rayo Vallecano. Cant wait to see Mr Messi and co live.
    I shall be visiting Berlin end of September and if time allows might try grab a bundesliga game. Am I correct in saying Hertha are in division two over there right now? Are they any other league teams based in and around Berlin does anyone know?
  19. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I saw the Abbas clean sheet. LOL.

Ya, damn Schalke. Oh well. I have a feeling if I take my Fox Soccer Scarf, I'm going to get some odd looks.

So, I will be at the Bamberg home game 3/30/2013 against 1st place FV Illertissen and also the very next day I will go to Furth to see them play Eintracht Frankfurt. 2 days, 2 games, lots of beer.
  20. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Where ya been Liam? Come around more often.

Yes, right now, Hertha is in Division 2, but they are in 1st place, so they will be promoted back to the top division next year along with Braucnschweig. The 3rd place team will be either My Koln Billy Goats are Kaiserslautern and that 3rd place team will play a home/away playoff agains the 3rd lowest top division team.

Go Koln!
  21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Spoke too soon. Looks like I suffered my first defeat to the 'biers this week.

Speaking of odd looks... here are a couple for you.

[​IMG]

(Brendan Dunlop, me, Thomas Rongen)

[​IMG]

(with Bobby McMahon)
  22. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Ya, quite an odd trio.

Cool... the Scottish Bobby McMahon too.
  23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Cool indeed. Dundee FC meets MCFC. There is no finer individual to talk Voetbol with than Bobby McMahon. He has a tremendous recollection of almost any match you could think of. Plus he is just a down to earth great guy.

Oh yeah.... Rongen speaks five languages... (excellent for a coach trying to get through to his players in this sport). Fortunately one of them is German. The FSN producers seem to enjoy the two of us slagging them when they can't understand. :D
  24. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Wow, 5 languages... what are the others? Im actually not familiar with Rongen.
  25. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    1 week and I will be in Germany. Looks like I might be able to add a Koln game as well. That would make 3 games with short trips to Prague and Amsterdam.
  26. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    A world cup qualifying game in the snow for the USA. Happy with the result, but quite sloppy.
  27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Are you watching Tyce ?? :D:D

[​IMG]

btw... Rongen speaks Dutch (naturally), English, German, French and some broken Spanish. He is the Academy Director at Toronto FC.
  28. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    A 1-1 draw in the end. Somewhat disappointing result.

Smokey Biers a 2-1 winner versus last place VfL Frohnlach. Good for you.
  29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 10 / -5
    Snow job? hahaha!

"Gulati said the decision to play in Denver in March had not been based on any desire to have difficult wintry conditions for Central American opponents, but was mainly due to the desire to spend a week at altitude before a game in Mexico City on Tuesday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...M01L20130323?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews
  30. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I didn't see the game. Armenia is a good team with a controversial past. We might have to see a Toronto FC game this summer.