1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

World Football/Futbol/Fußball and Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ViennaLager, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    In the beginning I despised it. I used Rosenmontag to go visit friends in Hamburg. Over time I got to enjoy some of the flirty piss up aspects of it. Once I could comprehend Koelsch better... (the dialect not the beer)... I rather came to enjoy the whole thing. Since leaving Germany my opinion has reverted back to neutral. It is one of those... you had to be there... kind of experiences.

2. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I have always loved my time in Koeln, however, I feel like I understood much less in that city as opposed to Franconia and south of Franconia. The Koelsch dialect is tough. The Koelsch bier is easy. :tup:

3. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Last one... haha...

Mer losse d´r Dom en Kölle, denn do jehööt hä hin.
    Wat sull di dann woanders, dat hätt doch keine Senn.
    Mer losse d´r Dom in Kölle, denn do es hä ze huss.
    Un op singem ahle Platz, bliev hä och joot en Schuss,
    un op singem ahle Platz, bliev hä och joot en Schuss.

4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Very true sir.

http://mingsprooch.de/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  5. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I dig it. Maybe its the reason I like the fansongs and your neutral to some of them.

I've decided I'm more of a Union fan than a Hertha fan, although Berlin to me is still a slow come-along. Perhaps I revel too much in Frankonia and Koeln to see the beauty of Berlin.

6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Well Tyce... Franken, Bavaria and Schwaben are kind of more the German cultures foreigners think of as for real. But the farther north and west you go the more sophisticated it becomes.

(this is my honest opinion)

7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    btw... Nina Hagen is pretty cool.

8. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I agree. I had no idea about her until I heard this song. Definitely will sway that way for Berlin teams. Seems like they have good fans.

9. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0

I should perhaps see more of Germany than the usual jaunts. I have never been interested in seeing east Germany, but hey, maybe I would enjoy a city like Aue... who knows. I need to visit the far north. I truly haven't given it a try. Hamburg and such might be really good after all, although the bier may not be as good.

10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    The island of Rügen is nice... (but it may have changed since I was there).

Berlin and Hamburg are a must. Bremen and Hannover rate only a meh. Leipzig and Erfurt are okay. I must admit I have never been to Dresden.

11. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I'd love to go to Hannover so I can visit the Mayor, Steve Cherundolo, and we can talk about San Diego youth soccer, since that's where we both started.

Erfurt is definitely on the list. I'd go see Leipzig, but not the red bull team, but rather Lokomotive Liepzig (blau-gelbe). :)

12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,425 / 36 / -16
    Well, yes, all these posts are about football…but they're about the bad kind of football. :whistling:

13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    If you make it to Hannover, they have some window shopping like they do in Amsterdam. Definitely worth a look if you are in town anyway.

14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    There is no bad football Lance. Even that fist fight with a ball in Aus is very good.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  15. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Moin Zusammen,

a Canadian and an American discussing about German football, well that must be a joke, isnt it ? :rolleyes::p:D
    Just kidding, hope you guys dont mind if I join here from time to time though all the blue around here looks strange to me. Used to be green and yellow where I come from :cautious::D
    @ViennaLager : Dont miss Dresden, beautiful city and as Sandolf said Hamburg and Berlin are a must. And if good beer would be the main reason to travel a country I should never have been to the US or Canada :p
    Last time I've been in San Diego was March 2013 and I took this picture:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately everything was closed down and I even did not get a Chargers Helmet pin that I usually buy from every team where I've visited their stadium. :rolleyes:
    Anyway - good luck to you guys and your Chargers later today ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Thanks for dropping by Nessie. You'll be like Croak soon when you come on your USA trip (You'll fall in love with the IPAs). Hahahaha.

17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Thanks for joining and herzlich willkommen!!! Nice avatar. You've got this blue thing well figured. I very much appreciate seeing you post here.

You have brought us good fortune. Sorry to see your team defeated. It was very very close in the end.

18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
  19. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if they will get nervous or if they remain patient with Moyes. :cautious:
    Beeing the successor of Sir Alex might be one of the toughest jobs in professional football.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ViennaLager, what do you think about Jermaine Jones ? There are rumors about a possible return to Frankfurt and I just talked about it with my colleague who is a Eintracht Fan and would be really upset if that would happen. They dont like him anymore though he had played there before. But flipping the bird to his own fans before leaving for Schalke doesnt help if you'd like to return some day. :D

21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Hard to say. As a measure of respect the Rags allowed Slur Alex to handpick his successor. That same bubbering old fart would probably have to personally bless his removal. That is unless the fans revolt, or the Glazers put thier foot down... (which would likely cause the fans to revolt in favor of Moyes).

22. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    You always know what you are getting with Jermaine Jones. Even the USA team knows this. He plays hard and he's always good for a hard foul and a yellow. We've come to accept this.

I haven't heard any rumors about a possible return to Eintracht Frankfurt, I only know he wants out of Schalke. I imagine if he returns to Frankfurt, the fans will forgive him once he starts scoring goals. I think a return to Frankfurt is unlikely at this point, but I'd like to see him stay in the Bundesliga. Not sure if nearby Leverkusen or M'Gladbach has a place for him. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Freiburg or Nürnberg.

23. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I expect the Glazers to get very nervous if they miss the Champions League qualification. :cautious:
    Read that they made 35 m Euros last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Frankfurt already denied that he returns to Frankfurt ;)

25. Croak

Croak BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey now! I'm here.

As for visits to Germany; Cologne is a good visit and also Lutherstadt-Wittenberg are very historic. Xanten is a neat visit to the excavation of Roman ruins if you like history as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +314 / 11 / -6
    Excellent.

I lived so long in the Cologne area... I've hardly considered it a place to visit. It is not a real pretty place... but there are an abundance of amusements.

27. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I'm the same person as Bundesbiers. I've been to Rhein Energie Stadion for a game against Jahn Regensburg. I've been to Koln 3 times and I think it's rather nice. And the Kolschbier is good.

28. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0

Not real surprising. Will be interesting to see where he lands though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. mhnessie

mhnessie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Guys, why isnt this thread in the "All Other Sports" subforum ? :cautious:
    I know many US football fans think soccer isnt a sport but to me this is where I would search for it.
    Doesnt matter to me, I was just wondering....;)

Btw - still licking my wounds after yesterdays loss - we were close but finally didnt beat them again. :(
    Couldnt sleep until 3 am and had to get up at 6 am to leave for the office. What a terrible start into this week :rolleyes:
    I guess you had a better day after this great win yesterday ? :tup::helm1:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  30. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Aint gonna lie, the win felt AWESOME. Just step 1 though. We have another tough game ahead of us. But we have all week to talk about that.