1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

World Football/Futbol/Fußball and Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ViennaLager, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
  2. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Dang man, that's a tough loss.
  3. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Womens International Friendly.

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Le plus malheureux du Canada. Vous êtes perdu. Canadienne pauvres. rire
  4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    A familiar theme Tyce. At least you knew which flag to make bigger. :D
  5. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I couldn't change it in time.
  6. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Canada with a handball in the box. Wambach puts in the PK. 1-0.
  7. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Canada splits the USA D with a thru ball and Tancredi put it in the side netting. 1-1 at the half.
  8. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Sandy... why haven't you thanked me yet?
  9. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I take it you all saw Torres miss the open goal on Sunday. Poor fellah, its not really going to plan for him at Chelsea is it. I reckon if Shamrock Rovers made a bid for him of fifty thousand euro, Chelsea might be happy:D
  10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Thank you. Bundesbiers helped me to the top of the Sandolfistan league table. It was a good weekend for Al Abbas, but a weekend of miserable results otherwise except for the B.C. Lions and Fortuna. City drew Fulham after leading 2-0. Kickers lost to the Fürth reserves. Likely I will not need to detail what happened to the Chargers.
  11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I did see that. Very bizarre. All he needed was a solid contact with his left foot.
  12. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Your welcome sir. :D Haha... I had no idea since I was on a plane on Sunday. Missed the whole Red's v Blues game.

Fortuna D'dorf had a good win so that was good.

I have a question for you regarding teams like Fürth II, Mainz o5 II, 1899 Hoffenheim II. I'll think how I need to word it and get back to you.
  13. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    I was on a plane. Did he put it over the bar or miss it wide?
  14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Torres got a brilliant through ball... deked left around the charging keeper and just had to cut it back with his left foot into the empty net. Looks like he got a half ball contact and it skidded off wide left.
  15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Freakin' Rags' horseshoes. Unbelievable.
  16. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Ouch... You were right about this guy needing his confidence back. Sent you an email.
  17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
  18. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Interesting... this answered one of my questions.

So for example... Let's say Mainz 05 II was in the 3. Liga, and they finished in the top 3, gaining promotion to the 2. Liga. However, if in the same year Mainz 05 finished in the bottom 3, thus having to be relegated to the 2. Liga, Mainz 05 II could not get the promotion after all.
  19. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Reserve teams cannot be promoted to the 2. Liga. Verboten. :)

If Mainz 05 is in the 2. Liga and get relegated to the 3. Liga... their 3. Liga team would get relegated as well... (no matter what their record was)... as you cannot start two teams in one league. Also verboten. :D
  20. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Got it... thanks. :tup:
  21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I'm glad because it is a bit confusing. In the old days the 1. and 2. Bundesligen were considered professional leagues and the Regionalligen and below were considered amateurs. The reformation process began with the integration of the teams from the East German leagues after the reunification. Due to their lack of financial clout the teams from the east slowly but surely filtered their way down to the Regionalliga creating a top heavy situation there.

(Hansa Rostock and Energie Cottbus were the only teams from the east that enjoyed a mildly successful entry into the western system.)

So with the advent of the 3. Liga... (which had been talked about for ages)... a semi-professional tier was created. This includes the Regionalligen... so now... anything Oberliga and below is considered amateur status.

1. and 2. Bundesliga... professional
    3. Liga and Regionalliga... semi-professional
    everybody else... amateurs
  22. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    My signature avatar is not happy with this. Perhaps their amatuer in Fußball, but they've perfected the smoked beer.

Side note - As I was walking off the train in Bamberg when I was there in July, I saw a sign that said Fußball field with an arrow pointing in direction. At that time, I didn't know what League they even played in since I never saw their name in the 1 or 2. Liga.

Man do I miss Bamberg. Need more smoked beer.
  23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    We have had a good exchange of futbol culture. I obviously know Germany very well... but you taught me that not all U.S. fans are chargertom... (did we win yet?) :D

That will always be the case. Hard to overstock that commodity.
  24. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Yes, we have and it will only get better. I've said it before but I am extremely jealous of your German experience covering soccer and actually being in Germany for many years. LOL at CT.

In Nebraska this past weekend, I found this gem in Omaha.

http://www.brixomaha.com/

22 Fridge Doors with over 700 specialty beers, including Spezial Rauchbier and Schlenkerla Rauchbier. Amazing. So I got my fix of smoke beers.

For wine lovers, they have a "plug and play" system. Dispenser type systems, where you can pay for an ounce, 3 ounces, or 6 ounces at a time. Just put in a debit card and click the button on which wine you want to try, and it dispenses it. Pretty cool system.
  25. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Sandy, out of curiosity, do you follow FC Toronto since they are in your area? Is Toronto a soccer-excited city?
  26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Interesting question. I would say that the entire MLS flies under my radar. There is no good reason I can give you for that other than the abundance of other European leagues out there. Besides the Premiership, the English Championship, the two German leagues, Italy, Spain and even France would interest me more. If by chance I am sitting in front of a TFC highlight package or a televised match... then I'll give it a close look. But I rarely if ever seek them out.

If I was to go to the BMO Stadium and watch them live... then perhaps it would change my mindset... (which currently is that as long as they play on a carpet instead of natural grass... it is not the real game).

Me be old fashioned when it comes to futbol.
  27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    If that was a simple yes or no question I would say no and point to the 2,179 fans that showed up for Canada's last qualifier versus St. Lucia. Pathetic. Vancouver is much better.

Toronto is a patch work of ethnic communities. For example they boast the largest Italian population of any city outside Italy. When the Greeks won the Euro, the celebrations in Toronto were massive. But alas... the Toronto sports fan cannot unite its support for anything Torontonian... unless it is a winner. Sad sacks they are. The Blue Jays would sell out every game in Buffalo no matter how poor the team... but the Yankees and Red Sox have killed it for Toronto. The Argonauts are a joke... but when the Bills play here the players lament that the Toronto fans make it feel like an away game.

Before the MLS and NASL there were teams like the Toronto Metros Croatia. They had scores of rabid fans... (you guessed it... all Croats. :D).
  28. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    They play on turf??? That's terrible. What's the purpose in that? Toronto has rain and lawn mowers don't they?

I'd pay more attention to the MLS if San Diego had a team, or even Las Vegas if they had a team I would go watch them play. The level of play isn't all that good in MLS, although I have seen some good matches. The Portland team has some really good fans (singing most of the game), as does Columbus. I won't even watch the Los Angeles team (beyond your hatred for the Rags perhaps).
  29. ViennaLager

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Haha... here you go Sandy. I know how you loved Megan Rapinoe singing "Born in the USA" into the corner microphone during the World Cup. Here's Pia and Rapinoe doing a little unplugged. Megan looks pretty good, but her singing is just ok.

30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Maybe too much rain... but you'd think if they can deal with it in the U.K., then it would be possible in Canucklestan as well. Its just a weird mentality. When the Argos played at Exhibition Stadium that field was always a quagmire until they installed that Astro Turf. The Skydome has turf so that they can keep the roof closed for extended periods. That mindset has carried over to the MLS team even though they play in an outdoor facility. What has to be good for the goose has to be good for the gander. Cretins. :D

If that is possible. Part of watching the MLS on television is the local commentators... (most all of which know the game much to a lesser extent than either of us do). It just grates on one's nerves.