1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would you like to see Porter or Moss on the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Nov 30, 2006.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    THey are both going on trading block in a few weeks, both are obviously very talented, and Chargers could use help in our wide reciever position... but then again they have acted extremely immature and hurt their team with really poor behavior.

Personally, I'd be weary, but at the sametime it seems the Raiders organization is a total mess right now, so maybe they'd bottle the BS in a great organization like the bolts. Anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there.

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    Porter yes
    Moss **** no!

• Like Like x 2
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    I nominate this for dumbest question of the year. No on both. :no:

5. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    I'd take Porter in a heartbeat. Don't blame him for knowing what a sad sack organization he plays for. He'd shape up just fine in bolts.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    I agree and there's a lot more to his benching that is being told. It's basically a pissing match between Porter and Shell.

7. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Not to mention the fact that he would be jacked up twice a year to punish his former team. . .:icon_eek:

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We need someone to stretch the field next year. McCardell taking on the 3rd receiver Joiner role in the offense. I still like Jarrett from USC if he comes out but I hate wasting a high draft pick on a receiver.

Porter wouldn't pull any of that crap here but I still don't think I like anyone that pulls that crap anywhere. As a matter of principle no Turds should be signed. Once a Turd always a Turd.

9. BIG WILLIE STYLE

BIG WILLIE STYLE BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ditto. We don't want anyone that doesn't want to play. We have good chemistry. Lets keep it that way.

10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    Porter's bad news. You hear alot about it up here in the Bay Area. He's also highly overrated. The guy has never had a 1000 yard season. He's one of those players who looks the part but never quite plays to his potential.

Porter's fight with Shell began over the fact that Porter didn't want to train with the team in the offseason. I can't imagine Schotty or AJ wanting to bring in a guy who wants to seperate himself from the team like that.

11. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but could you imagine if we had Moss and he had a season like 2002-2003? We'd be unstoppable. ANd it would open everything up for parker, floyd, LT. And let's be honest McCardell, as awesome as he's been, he's no spring chicken and his ages has to catch up with at some point.

I dunno, could it be worth the risk, especially with a one year contract, with a performance clause...

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Moss is a cancer. Raise your hand if you're a fan of cancer.

Porter is a piece of crap. Raise your hand if you're a fan of pieces of crap!

:icon_shrug:

Come on... don't be ashamed. Lemme see 'em.

:five: Here's to a cancer-and-crap-free locker room.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Word......................

No Moss :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Agreed - 90% :lol:

Seriously - Fuc em both.

15. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Dont base your thoughts on randy moss off of what has happened in Oakland. All of you should remember what happened to Marcus Allen back in the day. Since he was dating Al Davis' daughter, he got benched...and some other stuff went on..yada yada yada...well, look what happened when he went to KC. He tore it up there and got into the hall of fame. Moss isnt a cancer. Hes just sick of playing in Jokeland and not being used to his full capabilities...as he would be in SD. Ill tell you, i like the thought of having a deep threat in the wide reciever catagory...Moss will do good in the Charger organization. Fu<k Porter....:icon_toast:

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    no. I wouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't take Owens either. Or Chad Johnson or any other one of these prima donna wr's that spend more time talking than catching.

But I remember Keenan was sitting out in Tampa when the season started and we took him. That seems to have worked out ok.

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    Jesus, what the hell is it with you guys? You see a car with a shiny paint job and you just have to have it, no matter how much of a clunker it might be under the hood.

Moss is, was and will always be a problem child. Comparing him to Marcus Allen is just ignorant. Marcus got in Al Davis' doghouse and Davis ordered the coaches to play him as a third down back. He toiled in that roll for some of his best seasons. But Allen was always a classy, selfless player.

From burning the chronic "religiously," to running over meter maids, to dogging it on the field, to dousing officials in water, to throwing teammates under the bus, Randy Moss has always proven himself to be a fragile, enigmatic turd. He disappears when the game is on the line, or whenever he feels like it for that matter. And although no one seems to talk about this, it sure appears to me that Randy has lost a step, unless of course he's just dogging it on ever single play.

Great players make their teams better. Moss refuses to even try unless he's on a great team.

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    I'd take Chad in a heartbeat. He's a great player who gives his all on every play. The rest is just schtick.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Goddam... you must be walkin' 'round up in my head. Pullin' the thoughts right out my brain. :tup:

Chad cares. I love that guy

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +611 / 0 / -0
    Not just no, but FUK NO to both of them.

Moss is a me player. You don't throw your whole team under the bus.

Would only take a chance on Porter if he came cheap and that is not going to happen with the turds. No way they would trade him to the bolts. Not happening.

Last time the chargers and turds did at trade was when that fhuking mole Ortmeyer was working for the bolts and he screwed the bolts royally in the Lachey trade.

21. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    in a couple of weeks??

22. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 1 / -0
    As many have said before me....

Fuk em both!

:tdown: :no:

23. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    If they are willing to take league min, id take them, if not, not a chance in hell would i bring them here

24. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Porter is interesting to me, but I sure wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him. There's a risk there, IMO, and his value should be less in order to hedge that bet.

Moss...no way. He admitted that he doesn't play hard every down. I don't care if you're playing for the Berlin Nazis who are 0-48 in their last three seasons with Ryan Leaf as your QB...you go hard every snap or you aren't worthy of respect, IMO.

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Yeah no kidding.

Neither player is going to get cut and the WEEK 6 trading deadline has passed.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    You guys supporting Porter are out of your fah-king minds. (Moss as well)

This is the same dude who parked in Al Davis' parking spot to make a point and who also stood on the sidelines on his cell phone laughing and talking when his team was turning the ball over and getting sacked.

It will be a cold day in hell when a POS like that will ever be welcomed on this team or by this fan.

• Like Like x 1
  27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    Word. Porter was the guy who was seen laughing on the sideline on opening night when Brooks was getting sacked. When the media called him out on it, his defense was, "I was laughing at Brooks getting sacked. I wasn't even paying attention to the game."

28. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    No. Cancer is bad. In the body and on a team.

29. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :tdown: :tdown: I will say a BIG NO on the both of them.:tdown: :tdown: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: