1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would you trade down?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MasterOfPuppets, Apr 14, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 8 / -0
    found this on a mock draft walterfootball.com

Atlanta has the following picks

2nd round (34th) 560 points
    2nd round (37th) 530 points
    2nd round (48th) 420 points
    3rd round (68th) 250 points

Chargers' pick at 27 is worth 680 points

If Brohm is still available maybe AJ can get the 37th and 48th picks (950 points) from a desperate Flacons team :icon_shrug: or at least the 37th and 68th picks (780 points)

Would you trade the pick and what would yo require from the falcons?

I'd do it for 37th and the 48th pick, they're desperate, the Chargers aren't
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    It really depends on who si still on the board, but the 37th and 48th picks sound good. I'd rather suck it up this draft through, rather than package any future picks for additional picks this year.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,448 / 19 / -4
    If its straight out our first for their two seconds I'd love it and certainly go for it. And interestingly enough I doubt that the Falcons are the only team interested in trading up because that late first/early second is when Henne, Flacco and Brohm will go unless some team pulls a stunner and takes one of those three in the middle of the first round (which I doubt). The chargers are in prime position to mention to a team "Why wait to see which QB falls to you, trade to our spot and have your pick". And the FAlcons (if they don't draft Ryan which is 50/50 I think) would be very interested in that but also hell Miami could trade up, the Bears, the Panthers and a bunch of other teams would be interested depending on the price.

But taking your suggestion - our first for the 37th and the 48th picks - could mean we could grab both a NT (Bryant/Sims) and a RT (if Cherilus would fall, if not Brown or Collins) or a RB/CB. We don't have many needs as mentioned by thumper, but if we can nip the 'we could use one' needs now, we don't have to worry about it next year.
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 8 / -0

I agree, I went with the falcons because they have multiple 2nd round picks so they can get Dorsey (or someone like that) in the first, their QB of the future (Brohm) in the late first, and still have a 2nd and a 3rd to fill other needs

Like you said, the Chargers could potentialy get a OT and a DT in the second then maybe RB, CB and depth in rounds 5,6 and 7.