1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Written in Disgust!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by csfoster, Dec 2, 2006.

1. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Date:Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:08:19 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Written in Disgust!

To: mark.zeigler@uniontrib.com

CC:eyellen@eyasportspr.com, sports@uniontrib.com, editor@uniontrib.com, "Chuck Scott" <chuck.scott@uniontrib.com>, "Tim Sullivan" <tim.sullivan@uniontrib.com>, nick.canepa@uniontrib.com, scottandbr@bcaradio.com, dsmith@bcaradio.com, coach@bcaradio.com, kevin.acee@uniontrib.com, "Jay Posner" <jay.posner@uniontrib.com>, "Karen Pearlman" <karen.pearlman@uniontrib.com>, "Jim Steeg" <steegj@chargers.nfl.com>

Mr. Zeigler,

I found your UT article today "Conte buys Merriman explanation" somewhat informative but mostly inflammatory and certainly highly suggestive as you have purposefully and unnecessarily linked Merriman's name to a convicted felon involved in the Balco scandal.

Merriman, who has both paid the price and publicly dealt with his "error in judgement", needs no one, and in particular Victor Conte, coming to his defense in any shape, form, or manner. Indeed, if I was Merriman I would suggest that you prepare to "buy" some one to come to your unworthy explanation defense for writing what is more than less a tabloid headline article.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20061202-9999-1s2nfldrugs.html

Written in Disgust!

Caryl S. Foster
    San Diego Gaslamp
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Since this is a much more open forum than any on the internet when it comes to the Chargers, let me express the heartfelt thanks for all your efforts.

I watched the virtual negotiations from afar and could not help but feel totally helpless.

When it comes down to the brass tacks, all of this is about money and not so much what we can do as fans. Too much is out of our control that rallys and virtual negotiations "virtually" mean nothing

BUT

Your efforts are recognized and appreciated. :icon_toast:

I highly suspect cities such as San Antonio will make a bid to retain the services of the Chargers. :yes:

Good thing I own property in that state because it is about the only thing holding my fan sanity intact.....and the chase for the Lombardi. :bolt: :football:
  3. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I sincerely appreciate your appreciation.:)

The reality is that "virtual" or not, it was a publicly documented effort that virtually exceeded the public non-effort made by America's Finest Circus. And as such, if the Chargers leave San Diego, sooner than later it and all such virtual efforts undertaken by all of us will be pointed to and held up as public evidence against America's Finest Circus as it is hung out to dry for the reality of it virtually doing nothing to prevent the loss of a regional asset:bolt:

But that is another story for another day. Meanwhile, what did you think of today's UT article referenced above?