1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Xbox 360 Pricing Set

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oca, Aug 17, 2005.

1. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It was announced that the Xbox 360 will start at $299. For $100 more, gamers can upgrade to the premium edition. That package will feature, in addition to the standard equipment, a headset, remote, membership to the Xbox Live entertainment and chat network, and a 20GB hard drive for storing games, music, and other content downloaded from Xbox Live. It will also swap out the wired controller for a wireless one.

At least it's not up at 500 like some speculation suggested earlier this year.
  2. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It seems like a promising system. I only wish they would include an extra controller and a game for that price. :cry: At least when the Sega Genesis came out it came with a game and I think I paid $300 for it back then. Ouch!

I have not read too much into the new system, but is it also backwards compatible with the old Xbox games? :?:
  3. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The last word I heard from Microsoft was that it would be backwards compatible with Xbox Top Selling Games. What that means....i don't really know except to think games like Halo 2 and other top games would play but most won't.
  4. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    I own a PS2....but i think i am going to preorder the 360......with the PS3 rumored not to come with a hard drive, that is what will do it for me.
  5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Your guess is as good as mine. It almost sound self-defeating if there is a game one enjoys that is not considered a top game. I just hope Star Wars Battlefront is able to play on the new system.

Now if the new PS3 is backwards compatible, it should be able to play the original PS1 games, which in not a bad thing. I thought one of the best for that system was Twisted Metal 2. A very fun and addicting game!!! Should they come out with a new version of that, like they did with Twisted Metal Black, I could get sold there.
  6. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I thought the new 360 was going to come out as like 500 bucks or something... Good to see it's not... Nice posting!