1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Y'all still want to crack LT?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by curtisboltfan, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    to all you dumbass clowns that put up threads talking bout how LT has lost a step and how turner is our future and also how turner is running better, two words-fuc off!:icon_banana:
  2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    yo man that thread "bashin" LT wasnt really a bash to LT.
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I WAS TALKIN UP LT ALL DAMN WEEK, so leave me outt a this forum.

I predicted 194yds and 3TD's
    he got 185 and 3 TD's I was close!!
  4. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    good **** matilack.:icon_toast: where's your post with your predictions, btw?
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21

I made this on the "I dont wanna give up Turner" thread.

hahaha called it didnt I!
  6. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    damn, i'll give you fan of the week honors with a prediction like that!:icon_toast:
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    :icon_toast: :tup:
  8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Yep...as i was saying in the other thread......the more people that come here....the more guys like curtis we will get :tdown:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    LT HAS lost a step. On one of his longer runs he knew he didn't have the speed to outrun the defender chasing him down so he tried to stiff-arm him in order to try and extend his run. When LT has a horrible a game it's "yeah the o-line sucks... of course LT had a horrible game he had nowhere to run". When LT has a good game....... nothing is said of the o-line. The fact of the matter is that with the gaps LT had today, Turner could have easily posted as many yards if not more yards than LT did via the ground. The fact of the matter is also that when the o-line plays poorly, Turner can be more productive than LT playing behind poor blocking, not only because of his ability to get forward progress and YAC, but because he is also a more secure ballcarrier than LT. LT takes what the defense gives him. Clog the gaps, don't overpursue and he will rush for minimal gains. Turner refuses to take what the defense gives him. He runs over people and clears gaps in doing so, thus enabling him to move onto another level of defenders and either wiggling around trying to move to yet a further level if he has an angle, or if there is no angle, he will try to bulldoze yet another defender.

Now instead of treating me like swine in various threads for expressing what I believe and mocking me for losing my Rams bet (which was the right bet, the outcome being greatly determined by that unusual Stephen Davis fumble returned for a touchdown and the bet having been made thinking Merriman would be inactive) why don't you EXPLAIN why you think LaDainian is a more efficient (efficiency being synonymous with giving the Chargers a greater chance to win) runner than Turner instead of just saying "you are an effing idiot".

And above all else, why post this right now? This is one game. Why not save this for the next time LT gets shut out like he did by the Eagles last year? Was this game the most meaningful game of LT's life and that's why you are basing his success and the validity of your belief of LT being better than Turner on this one game against a lightweight overaggressive defense who has had extreme trouble maintaining gap assignments? LT is only as good as every game he has played in while being in the same physical condition. Bottom line is it comes down to blocking and Turner can do more with good blocking and more with bad blocking. Maybe when he wins the rushing title next year you will see what I mean.
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    BLAH BLAH DYDYDYBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHDYDYDY BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!

Your essay up there is as boring as your avatar picture. Its a bunch of rambling that has nothing to do with football.

You picked against SD this week didnt you? You basically said LT was washed up didnt you? And now your nitpicking about how he gained 240 Total yards and 3Td's(could have been 4 if not for Turner)

You basically are a bullshit Charger fan that gives the rest of us a bad name. This is why I contsently hear about Charger fans accused about not being die hard about there team. And if I were there right now I would smash your pathetic little face into a ****ing toilet seat. And let Trumpy go to town on your ***.:icon_evil:

p.s. Sorry about this Ray and Loren, but some guys need to be set strait.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    :icon_eek:
  12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +56 / 0 / -0

Well put MBF! Hey, I love LT just as much as the next guy, but he gets caught all too many times from behind or the safety coming across to get him. He gets the TD's because the defense runs out of room to tackle him.
    Does this mean I want LT on the sidelines? Asolutely not!!! He is still dangerous, but not as much as he use to be. Look at what they say about WR's....the older they get usually the slower or they just lose a step, they use their time in the league and knowledge to get open. That my friend is where LT is headed. Like it or not, he definitely isn't the player he use to be in terms of out running the "D", thus the term...."Lost a Step"!!!

Side note to mods...It's posters like this that chased many away from the UT! Having good rib jabbing differences is fun, being called names or being personally attacked is a total turn-off from enjoying some good clean conversation!
  13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    I thought you said that the Rams covering the spread was a lock, even if Merriman played? :icon_huh:

And how many bets would you have lost if not for one or two "game-changing" plays? Does that mean those were "wrong" bets? Maybe you should research that, and take those games out of the win column on your record.

[​IMG]
  14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    You have proven to be a slightly more intelligent version of Booman--just another know-it-all who can't admit when he's wrong. You can defend your pick of the Rams all you want, but the truth is you were wrong. Just nut up and admit that, instead of posting excuses for why you should have been right.

LT is only #1 in TDs and #2 in rushing, so I can see how your "expert analysis" would lead you to conclude that a guy with zero NFL starts is the superior running back. With all respect to Turner, LT has had the best start to a career since Jim Brown. Turner is a very good running back, but if LT were to go down, this offense would struggle. Everything begins with LT. When teams gang up to stop LT, Rivers has more time to throw and more favorable matchups downfield.

While LT might not have the leg drive and power of Turner, he does have the balance, vision and acceleration to burst through the tiniest of cracks. That's not something Turner can do.

LT is also a far more complete player than Turner. LT is the best pass catching RB in the game, and he's a helluva pass protector. Turner is a banger with some speed, and a nice change of pace. I'm sure he'll be a feature back in this league at some point and go onto a successful career. But he will never come close to equaling the output of LT. He will never be spoken of as the best RB of his generation. He will not be a sure-fire first ballot hall of famer.

LT will go down as a legend, like Peyton and Brown and Sanders. Turner will be remembered as another Robert Smith or Barry Foster--a good but not great running back who enjoyed a successful careeer.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Can't we all just get along? :icon_shrug:
  16. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    I thought we were. :icon_huh:
  17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Good to have a jersey boy remind people how things roll here on the east coast. Open mindedness + intelligence + respect.
  18. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    I guess you can only reply to those who agree with you. :icon_shrug:
  19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Lose the vicious unprovoked personal attacks and I will gladly reply to you in a polite manner if you disagree. I have never disrespected anyone for thinking LT is better than Turner, only trying to pursuade them to think differently. The same cannot be said of the treatment people who believe Turner is better, have received. The most "cruel" thing I have said was telling someone to "put down the x-box controller".
  20. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    You are the model of forum perfection Leisure. I'll try to be more like you.
  21. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    The fact that you even have to post this is sad...LT is on a pace to break Emmits NFL rushing record and he has spent 4 of his first 6 seasons on a non-winning team and has had horrible to average OLines his entire career...
  22. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    You post inflammatory stuff all the time, Mr. Innocent.

If you're going to post such unpopular opinions and try to incite angry responses, perhaps you should develop a thicker skin. If you're going to present yourself as some sort of draft/gambling/football genius, you're going to take crap if you're wrong. I don't see why that's so hard for you to understand.
  23. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    Agreed. LT's the greatest player ever to put on a Chargers uniform, and some people just want to nitpick his game to death.
  24. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    Can you imagine what LT would've done behind those Cowboy OLines of the 90's? :icon_eek:
    This is the same kid who came here to a pathetic perennial loser in 2001 and vowed to turn this team around to a franchise the city would be proud of and be a Charger for his entire career...Even as a rookie on the Leagues worst team he said he was confident that this team would win soon...and TWICE in his first four seasons the Chargers had the dubious honor of having the 1st pick in the draft and 3 of his first four seasons the Chargers qualified for a top five pick...besides his out of this world physical ability, he is a model character player and an outstanding citizen of this community...
    Putting this guy down is ludicrous...at best...:no:
  25. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Some members argue with each other and debate over coaching decisions and players. Some criticize coaches and/or players. Some are optimistic and some are pessimistic, and some have mood swings from week-to-week.

And some members criticize other members.

I gain more from a debate with someone I strongly disagree with than I ever gain from finding five different ways of calling that person an idiot. That's how you do it when you think you know everything, and contrary opinions are to be feared and ridiculed.

Oh, and people who are closed-minded are usually the first ones to have a knee-jerk reaction when they think they've been proven right...
  26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Yer talkin 'bouts me aincha. I knows, you kent hide it!:icon_evil:

I'm watchin you mishter!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.