1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Y'all still want to crack LT?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by curtisboltfan, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    You should watch me. I'm a rabble-rouser!
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong about alot of things, but there are some things that I'm certain about. LT being the greatest player in the league is one of those things. There is no way anyone is going to talk me out of that position. Not because of some sort of jock sniffing hero worship, but because of what I've seen this guy do Sunday after Sunday. It's an honor to get to cheer for such a great player.
  3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    When have I ever claimed to be anything you just said. That is simply your perception of me. My opinions are unpopular when you disagree with them and my opinions are popular when you agree with them (and you DO agree with some of my opinions). When you agree with what I say you act nice but when you disagree you not only tear down what you disagree with, but tear down the "source" of these opinions/ideas.... which is weak. Instead of trying to pursuade someone to think differently it's "**** you (insert name here) you are wrong". I have not said anything about Turner to you in the past while because I know you cannot be pursuaded to think differently, but anytime I try to pursuade someone else with good reasons, you butt in and start attacking me.
  4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    No doubt. I remember how bad I felt when we had all that Eli crap and we were basically getting embarrased nationaly by some stupid punk. Having a guy like LT who loves this team and plays like he wants to be here is something that I can't help but respect more and more each season. It's something that can't be quantified. But second in rushing, leading in td's is pretty impresive any way you look at it. I don't see much point in debating him any further.:tup:
  5. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    That's cool and everything, but just be aware that if you talk to Giants fans, they'll feel differently, and if you talk to Chiefs fans, they'll feel differently, and many Colts fans would probably disagree with you as will many Seahawks fans, etc etc. A lot of fans in this league form a strong attachment to their guys simply because they're their guys.

You can claim he's flat-out the best player in the NFL without anything other than his most recent performance and your anectotal opinion, but I'll look at the big picture if you don't mind, and point to what I see rather than trying to explain it away when it doesn't suit my preconceived notions. If he continues to have games like yesterday than, yes, he's the best player in the NFL without much argument. But if he continues to average 3.5 YPC in 4 out of 5 games then to have his numbers inflated by the occasional game where he's unstoppable, is that really the definition of the best player in the NFL?
  6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Point-Counterpoint
  7. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    That may be true, but I doubt any "intelligent" fan of any other team would suggest that the Chargers trade LT and go with Turner...:no:
  8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    I dont know, Raider, Broncos and Chief fans would....
  9. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    as soon as these fools stop saying lt has lost a step even when he Will get to 1500+ yds this year and probably will catch 75 balls. Lt is The best player to dawn a bolt uni and if you all of the sudden don't think that he's no longer a great back, and that turner is better, you ARE i repeat ARE a ********! This whole arguement should not even be going on, LT is the best rb in the game, bottom fuggin line! you mf's piss me off:icon_evil:
  10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  11. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    well fuc if you haven't said those things in the past, maybe you should go back and recall one post that you made wanting to get rid of goff,donnie,godfrey,mccardell,and a couple others, o and you would trade LT, your a fuggin tool bro, let's just go ahead and git rid of the whole team and spend another 6 years rebuilding(beatherd era), nice post slick! then also refer back to another post where you bet against your team, nice faith! again your a fuggin tool. Seriously for the sake of all bolt and LT fans out there, why don't you seriously think bout rooting for a new team, maybe the bears or the colts. Then you can go on their forums and tell everyone how you would trade Marvin harrison(he "lost a step") and get rid of bob sanders and reggiewayne and dwight freeney since he only has a couple of sacks this year. You can see my love for this team, i spend hours talking about an idiot that rips on our best player. Iv'e waited years for the opportunity to watch my boys play at an elite level and to hear mf's like yourself hate on the team it royally pisses me off.
  12. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Looks like you want to talk about me instead of the team, which is what I thought you didn't like.

You are wrong about Turner being better than LT, just as you're wrong about the Rams covering the spread yesterday. But don't worry, it's OK. Really. None of us are perfect.
  13. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    boltsbbound states acurate and meaningful posts, and this whole debate about that MF mtl is completely justified. this is a personal matter when a clown cracks on a team that you love so much but yet he calls himself a "chargers fan".
  14. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    this is all that needs to be said to you mother fuggin idiots that are now riding turners jock.LT WILL go down as top 3 best RB'S to EVER play the game.
  15. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    do you realize that there are opinions and arguements behind a post that contains a verbal assault?
  16. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Your little mini circle jerk with MTL is really cute and all, but you guys really don't know more than everyone else. You just act like you do.
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    take it to the smack thread. Please stop the personal attacks. No more asking.
  18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Jihad is not allowed here! :icon_evil:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.