1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yes Or No ... Win Or Not

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SayOw, Dec 1, 2012.

1. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    No need to try and pick a score or figure out how or if the Chargers can win...

Simply, yes or no, do you think the Chargers will beat the Bengals this weekend... elaborate if you want too, but not required.

I say no.

Simple as that....

24-0, 4 & 29 is all I will elaborate with.
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Nope.

Cincy has a really good D. The #2 in sacks D vs. our O-line? Ouch time for Philip on Sun. Our corners vs. AJ Green? LOL

This may be a blowout.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    I don't think we will win, don't think we have the horses on offense, especially on the OL , and our CBs won't hold up against Green let alone their extras. This could be unpleasant
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    I want a win for my Bengals I believe we will get it, but I would love it one of these years that it don't look bad for one of our teams, that both teams look good and make it a great game all together

I am a die hard Bengals fan but I'm from here in San Diego so I have a soft spot for the Chargers I always root for them to win their division

And this will be the second meeting in a row that my bengals have the chance at clinching the AFC West for a different team by beating the Chargers, last time was 2010 when the Bengals won the Chiefs won the Division, this week with a Broncos win or Chargers loss, Denver clinches the west

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

And the Cubs and Michigan still Suck
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    The Chargers are not a competitive football team. Our biggest weaknesses are their greatest strengths. We will be completely obliterated on the field. Hopefully if Philip gets injured it's something that will (mercifully) keep him out of the line-up for the rest of the season without requiring surgery or a long/painful/difficult recovery.

Here's to 4-12.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +826 / 22 / -1
    We have no realistic expectations of winning, so we probably will.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    A lot of people chatting how this team is very quiet, looks to me like the white flag was raised.
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Nope.

Of our last 5 games this is the one we are least likely to win. No Weddle, no Butler, no Gaither = No chance.
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Oh we are in a perfect strom situation. We will win every game, and Norv will be around next year!
  10. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    nope. we at best will finish the season 6-10. im guessing 5-11 though.
  11. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +437 / 2 / -1
    I'm gonna cheer loud as we lose. Just another game closer to Norv's demise and another loss closer to a top 10 pick.
  12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    The only way to get a top 10 pick is to root for the Raiders to beat us. I hope that you're a committed enough Charger fan to do so.
  13. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1
    I still don't regret beating them at the end of last year even though it got us a harder schedule, worse draft pick, and saved the coach. Fact is, we stopped them winning the division. This time it's probably a little different as they have nothing to play for, but I still can't even think about those scumbags beating us, or for that matter anyone beating us.

I do see your point that being the best record to not make the playoffs being the worst spot, but it's hard to actually root for my team to lose, I can't do that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 1 / -0
    Hate to say it, but the only good thing about todays' game is that I've got "the law firm" on my fantasy.....
  15. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    I wouldn't say that is good, the Law Firm hasn't been impressive for us, that and the Chargers Run Defense is good

16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I WILL NEVER ROOT FOR ANY RAIDER TEAM TO WIN!!!!!
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Can win? Absolutley!

Will win. Not likely. The team has lost its confidence, Norv has lost the locker room and AJ has lost the talent level.
  18. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +437 / 2 / -1
    5 teams with worse records than us right now, tied with 4 others at 4-8. If we lose out we are sitting in a top 10 pick and most likely top 5.
  19. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204 / 2 / -0
    Your thought process baffles me and makes me throw up in my mouth.
  20. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Thought process unbaffled:
    At the end of the year, will you feel better if the team is 8-8 and misses the playoffs? How about 7-9? 6-10? 5-11? Why not 4-12? What's the difference? You're just as out of the playoffs at 4-12 as you are at 8-8.

What's the most important tool of an NFL GM for building the roster? The NFL draft. What's the best way to improve your draft stock? Be terrible.

Therefore, if you are a Chargers fan, and you want the team to be good in the future (read starting next season), then you need to hope they lose the rest of their games this season. Otherwise, instead of long-term success and real opportunities at a SB during the Rivers era, we will instead end up with a perpetually bad/average team that isn't good enough to get into the playoffs, let alone win there.

In this case, you can have the short-term happiness of a W on any of the coming 4 Sundays, which I doubt is any kind of actual happiness at this point, or you can watch your team be wildly better next season with the equivalent of players who are a 1/2 round better at every selection than they would be for an 8-8 Charger team.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    I think what pure-sol means is just the same as I do when I say this

I would rather burn in a fire then have my Bengals lose to either the Steelers ravens or browns to get anything other than a win against said teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Which do you remember more clearly, the losses that got your team picking 6th overall, or the Ws you've gotten thanks to AJ Green and Andy Dalton?
  23. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    Right now I'm stuck cause thanks to AJ Green and Andy Dalton we got back into the playoffs but we ain't getting taken seriously due to losing 7 out of the last 10 division games, wins only coming from the Browns

24. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    You're stuck based on how seriously people are taking you? Your team is a legitimate playoff contender, though not a favorite, because of Dalton and Green. The reason you have Dalton and Green is because Lewis rode Palmer all the way into the ground. Probably the only team in the AFC with the arrow pointing up as much as Cincinatti is Houston.

It's an easy question, what's more memorable to you, your immediate (and likely continuing) playoff time, or the losses from 2010. Do you actually remember any of your 2010 losses?
  25. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    All I remember about 2010 is how bad we sucked how horrible Carson was and one great game we had against the Chargers when I was there live for the game

Pissed that Mike Brown didn't fire Lewis

All I could think was that we would have another horrible year again cause Mike Brown would not let Carson go

Sorry I wasn't thinking about draft picks I was thinking about those losses and how many we looked like we would get the next season

26. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    Don't get me wrong I get what your trying to do, it is a smart idea to try and get higher draft pics but some losses are harder to chew then others

27. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Dude, I'm not asking you how you felt at the time the losses were happening. I'm asking you how you feel about them now, given that you're set at QB and WR for the next decade.
  28. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    lol your asking how I feel about the end results, the end results turned out great so I liked it but again when I think back to that year I don't remember the end results I think about the losses I'm sorry I'm not giving you the answer you want, but how can you not remember such a horrible season when you go into it thinking your going to do well just to go 0-8 before getting you first win

29. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204 / 2 / -0
    You can try logic, and reading it with zero emotion I can see what you are trying to say. But in no part of me being a fan does it include no emotion. I can not understand nor fathom how a real fan (you want to question my commitment to my team, I will do so as well) can EVER root for their team to lose. I am not an owner of a team, therefore I do not look at it like a business. I look at it as someone who enjoys my team winning.

Notice there is nothing after the word winning. That's because never, EVER will you hear out of my mouth, or see words typed with my hands that have the intent of me wishing my team would lose. To me, that is not a fan. Seeing a fan at a game rooting AGAINST my team, and their alleged team, sickens me. I understand it, because I've lived my whole life understanding that Charger fans are typically fairweather, etc., but in no way can I ever relate to it.

Also, you sound stupid questioning how much of a fan someone is when they root for their team no matter what.
  30. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I've never said that it makes you less of a fan. I've said that it makes you more interested in your own short-term self-gratification than it does the quality of the team on the field or their likelihood of going to/winning a superbowl or being a good team for that matter.