1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yes we won, but.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Cyanide Mint, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great we won and we have another week to live, but I'm worried. This game was the season, and we left it to chance for the victory. Onside kick recovery, very lucky..... Missed field goal by The Chiefs for the win, lucky....

This team SHOULD be much better than the Chiefs, especially when we have something to play for and they didn't.

I know, I know, and wins a win, but I was looking for something a little more decisive.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Its always been hard to win at arrowhead. The Chiefs might have a really bad record, but they are not a roll-over type team. They are better than their record shows.

I know we bearly won, but the drive that our team showed was freaking amazing.

Good win in KC.
  3. ChargersBKK

ChargersBKK BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is my first post in this forum. Don't know why I can't start the new thread?? In Thailand we have 2 Sunday games live each week. Too bad, they used to air also Sunday and Monday night games until last year.

Yes, I agree that we are far better than the Chiefs but Norv could not call play that we are good at and should play. From the stats, I can understand why Norv called 40+ passing play (coz of our poor Offensive line, not LT of course). Last night I have to admit that I didn't have guts to follow the game via nfl.com and not even watch the score during the live game (normally our game playing time is 4.00 am here).

What a comeback! Go Chargers! Miracle can happen.
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    They said during the broadcast that we have not won back to back games in Arrowhead since the mid 80's. Sure it might be luck, but there is more to it that that.

That was a hostile game, and the team, playing lack luster as they did found a way to win. They nutted up and took the game.

You can call it luck or hang a 'but' on it, but it was a victory, one that gives me hope that they have not completely given up yet.
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8

Welcome to the forum, great post!
  6. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0

True, true... This week is going to be a huge test. I know we need the Bills to come to Denver and win but we need to take care of our end.
  7. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    at least Lynch is coming off the back of a good game for the bills this week so they have one of their stars back on form..

and Tampa have given up nearly 500 yards rushing in two games, surely that means getting LT involved big style! I dunno if we can pick up our run game, but their run defence has gone down the toilet in the last two games so we MAY be in with a shot...:icon_shrug:
  8. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    It was a win regardless how we got it. I didin't think the weather was gonna be a factor but I was wrong. It was alot colder then what had been predicted dropping about 30deg between from a high in the 50's to the teens. The team did nut up and get it done while the chefs players seemed to think the game was already theirs. It didn't hurt to have Herm on the other side coaching, at times we joked with queef fans that Norv and him were sharing plays during the game.
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    that's just sort of the thing, I don't think we deserve to win that game or to even have the hope to be in the playoffs. I mean based on how we played most of that game and most of this year, I almost wonder why we think we should be a playoff team. There's also issues of wanting to get Norv fired and the way he's going its doubtful at this rate he will get fired.
    It doesn't change that this is a great victory, and one of the few moments this year I've been cheering, but still I have very little faith in pulling this full miracle off.
  10. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Again, I'm super excited we are still in the hunt, and if we survive another week there won't be anything more exciting than Den vs SD for entry to the playoffs! But....

When I think of nutting up, I see coming out with all cylinders pumping and we kinda sputtered...... It just feels like we didn't win the game, the Chiefs lost it.

BTW, imagine if the 50 yrd field goal went through for Denver? It would have been a perfect capper on a heartbreak season.
  11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    the dumbest play of all time was the delay of game on Cason at the end. Just get the fuk up and the clock runs out.

No figgy attempt

:icon_evil:
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    If we play like this against the Bucs, they'll chew up up and spit us put.

It's hard to win in Arrowhead but did you see the attendance? The stadium wasn't half full and the crowd is a HUGE part of what makes hard to win there. Half that crowd left after half time too.
    Besides, we just squeeked by them when we played them at home. In two games, we beat them by a combined 2 points. THAT SUCKS! It goes to show that we're hardly better than a 2-11 team.
  13. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    I think it would be a true Christmas miracle for the Bills to beat the Donks and us the Bucs.

But, there is always hope.
  14. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It would be the greatest christmas story since

Attached Files:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    This is the conundrum of this season: My want for us to win and somehow pull off the playoff miracle, and my growing hatred for Norv and my desire to see him burned alive.

Yesterday's game was terrible until the last 3 extremely exciting minutes. Also, I'd like to note, Martyball failed yet again yesterday at the hands of Herm.
  16. frauschieze

frauschieze BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Winning in Arrowhead in December as an AFCW rival? It's ALWAYS hard, no matter how bad the Chiefs are, and make no mistake, they are better than their record. And a team that has nothing to lose is the most dangerous team at all. All they are playing for.....is pride.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I'll start off by stating that, no, they should not have let the Chiefs get into range to attempt a 50 yard game winner.

That being said, I have a hard time attributing the win to "luck" when they came back from an 11 pt deficit in a matter of roughly 2 minutes.
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    The only play that was "lucky" was the onside fumble by Bowe, the rest was a result of KC breaking down, , going no huddle, and Philip cutting their cover 2 apart in the last 3 mins.
  19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    You have to have luck in onside kicks.
  20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    :icon_huh:
  21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Bowe did get a good whack from osgood, so it might be partial luck but there's SOME skill involved in it too.
    And yeah Philip ripped the Chiefs a new one in the last few minutes. Unfortunately he spent the first 56 of it getting a new one ripped. How does your OL allow a team that hadn't gotten any sacks in a month to rip off four? (I guess I should also ask the raiders).
    I feel ya RTL, i'm going through the same conundrum. And it begs a question; would it have been worth it to see the Chargers lose the rest of the games (minus Oakland) to guarantee Norv being fired?

Personal side note: I still don't see how Norv or most of the players are saving their jobs even past these two weeks. You can say I'm wearing rose tinted glasses but still lets face it, they smashed a worthless Oakland team for half a game and only showed up to play for 3 1/2 minutes in Kansas City. That's not the performance of people trying to save their jobs
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    The first post was more focussed on calling it a "lucky win" because they missed the 50 yarder at the end.

I don't want to attribute the overall outcome to luck when they had those last two drives.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Let's face it guys - we stink big time.

Sure it's tough to win in Arrowhead, but come on....4 of our 6 wins have come against 2 of the worst teams in recent memory. The talent level we have in the skill positions means we should be whipping the likes of KC, Donks etc - not relying on failed two pointers or bemoaning bad calls.

We just aint getting it done in the trenches. Atlanta was an absolute embarassment.
    Play calling is poor and clock management a disgrace.

I am, and will be, as excited as all you fellow die hard Bolts fans if this goes to the wire. However, each W is merely papering over the cracks.
    Norv is rank, and must go.

We need an Offensive co-ordinator who is immaginative and knows how to use our many talents and a Head coach who commands respect and can MOTIVATE.
    We should be playing for Home Field Advantage at the moment. That's the TRUTH.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Here, here!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Norv ain't going anywhere. Get ready to finish behind the Chiefs in the AFCW next year with him at the helm. :tdown:
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Don't take my HOPE away...

:tup:

:abq2:
    • Like Like x 1
  27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    HOPE AND CHANGE (ya hippie) :lol::lol::lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I gotta save it for what I can affect. I have more influence with the direction of the country than the Chargers. :unsure: :lol:
  29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Great post man. TOTALLY agree!
  30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    :tup::tup::tup: