1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yet another MOCK DRAFT!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Mar 19, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    1. Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno. We need a RB!!
    2. Terrence Cody, NT 'Bama We need a stud NT and he will be there at 40
    3. Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida or Pat Angerer, ILB Iowa Both are very intense and hard hitters. The leaders that our defense lacks
    4. Doren Dickerson, TE/WR Pitt Perfect fit
    5. John Estes, C Hawaii Need to back up Hardwick.
    7. Adrian Tracy, OLB William & Mary Had 62.5 TFL and 31 sacks in 47 games
    UDFA Hunter Lawrence, K Texas Just in case :lol:
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Not a bad mock but just one question ....

Do you change your underwear this often? :icon_tease:
  3. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Here's my latest.. This is based on what I THINK AJ WILL DO, not what I would do..

This is as of right now, Sproles is still here and we do not sign a vet CB.

1) Kyle Wilson-- Arguably the 2nd best CB in the draft. Great natural abilities and will actually be a sound tackler.

2) Ben Tate-- Fits our system pretty damn good. Can catch the ball, pass block, and run between the tackles. This is a reach at 40, that's why it's AJ's draft

3) Torell Troup-- Great character kid, loves the game of football. He has all the tangibles. I'll leave this here for you guys to listen to. Tell me this isn't AJ's perfect fit. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/all-acc...spotlight-show

4) Pat Angerer-- This manster will get rid of our prototypical "soft" interior. Dude has GREAT instincts, decent size and is absolutely fearless...Oh and he's white.

5) Kam Chancellor-- Pretty damn raw but I think it's safe to say this is your poor mans Taylor Mays. Standing at 6'3'' and 232 LB's this dude will lay the f'ing wood. IMO some coaching and a year or two's experience and this dude paired w my boy Weddle will be a pretty good Safety duo.

6) --

7) John Estes-- He may not be here in the 7th but I think it's safe to say we need some depth @ C. Mooch is a true guard and we cut Norman.

AJ will snag another 2-3 RB's UDFA's along with a H-back/TE and a WR or 2. Though if I remember correctly Banks is still on the PS and may be getting promoted...
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I don't understand why people think we need a corner bad enough to take one at 28. Jammer is solid, Cason was a 1st round pick himself, Gregory is a damn impressive nickle, Strickland (when healthy) will be very solid depth along with Brandon Hughes, and lets not forget CB is Paul Oliver's natural position.

More realistically I see us taking one with our 3rd or 4th rounder. Like Amari Spivey, Kevin Thomas, AJ Jefferson, Trevard Lindley etc...
  5. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I made it clear man, that is the draft I predict AJ to go with.

Good calls on Spievey, Jefferson and Lindley though.

Cason isn't completely proven and I think after Cro's departure every Bolt fan wants a CB that will fly to the ball and tackle. I think Donovan Warren will slip to our 3rd round pick and the would be the guy, just do not know that AJ is on that same page.
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'll throw something through my window if we take a corner in the 1st.

My big board of players that could realistically be there...
    1. Mathews RB
    2. Best RB
    3. Graham OLB
    4. Cody NT
    5. Brown OT
    6. Hughes OLB
    7. Price DT
    8. Odrick DT
    9. Weatherspoon ILB
    10. Wilson CB
  7. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    :lol: I almost spit my beer out.. I felt the same way until I came to the realization that AJ just might do it. I mean, if Wilson turns out to be a Woodson then f' A. More than likely that will not be the case.

Anyhow I like your big board. I like almost every player except I am not down to spend our first on Brown.

In all honesty I'd like to see Cody or Weatherspoon at 28.
  8. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I keep praying AJ trades Sproles to the Skins for their 2nd. Then we could use that pick to take Best. The rest of the draft would proceed as b4 that happened. Best is (IMO) the best RB in the draft, however I would never draft the guy in the 1st bc the concussions. Way too risky. HOWEVER if we could get 2 early 2nd rounders I'd take him with one to replace what Sproles did+more then take a bigger back like Tate or go D D D..
  9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'm a fan of Best too, but he's the epidomy of HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD.

I really hope we can trade Sproles or Merriman and get another 1st or 2nd rounder.
  10. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Thats for sure..

I am not ready to give up on SM yet. I really like the guy and the intensity he brings to the huddle, gotta give him 1 more year fully healthy.
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I just don't know if he's anything more than a 1yr rental at this point, and even if he has a legitimate DPOY type season I think AJ won't re-sign him and we'll end up getting nothing.
  12. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

He's 25 man, if he has a a DPOY type season AJ has to resign him. He's honestly a good dude, he got caught up in that one little rif raff with the dumb Asian slut but other than that he's really been pretty good.

Last year, just the couple games he wasn't on the field it was obvious. I know he wasn't a sack master but the dude gets attention which in turn helps our other guys to perform at a higher level. Plus I think he's great for our huddle. AJ needs to get of his high horse here and keep good FOOTBALL players (56) and dumb the prima donna's (95)
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I just have a feeling AJ has no intention of ever giving Merriman the money he wants, which is probably in the Terrell Suggs 8-10 mil a year range.

I'm not too keen on losing anymore veteran talent either. We're already looking at a potentially all rookie RB corps. Guys who are going to have to learn the system in one offseason, and be expected to produce immediately.
  14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    No F-ing way id trade Merriman for a 2nd rounder. Getting rid of Merriman isnt a smart thing guys. Id only consider it if we got a 1st and a 3rd. We cant have half the defense being rookies.
  15. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    There is no way in hell we get rid of him bro. That would be a really bad move and I think this year we see the Merriman he was meant to be, the beast.
  16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    We'll be lucky if he's half the player he was back in 06'.....you know, the year he was caught using STEROIDS.:icon_tease:
  17. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    No he had an injury too. I think he will have a break out season to try and earn his contract. If he does earn the contract than good for him. If not, tender him and trade him
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    When was the last time that actually happened? That a team tagged a departing player before he could hit free agency, and then got anything higher than a 3rd in a trade?
  19. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    Maybe he gets tagged with just a 2nd round tender or maybe he gets traded on draft day. But I kind of hope that if he improves this year, we should keep him