1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You guys look SUPER!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Oct 17, 2006.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys and girls,

Haven't posted in a few weeks and I just wanted to say congrats on the Chargers wins over Pittsburgh and San Francisco. I saw all of the Pittsburgh game and about a quarter of the SF game and man, you all are playing great ball right now. Marty seems to have learned from the err of his ways and is letting Philip throw the ball down the field. This, in turn, is allowing LT to run against seven man fronts and do his thing. If you guys continue to get a downfield threat from Jackson to draw coverage away from EP, Keenan, and AG.......you guys will be going to the Super Bowl. Philip's inexperience is your only weakness, and he's so prepared, I don't know if that is going to really be a problem or not. I look at your competition and they all have issues. Denver is not getting a lot of offensive production, Indy can't run or stop it, Baltimore can't score, Cincy can't stop anybody, Pittsburgh has lost too much personnel, Jacksonville is too up and down, and New England has poor WR play. I plan on making a trip to the Murph in January....Good luck Bolts!!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    No game is complete until you have attended a tailgater. :tup:

Trust a brother on this one. :icon_toast:
  3. HI-Boltage

HI-Boltage New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to this board, and I haven't been on here for a few weeks either, but as a Bolt fan Just wanted to say thank you for giving us props. That's a great post and congrats on the Titans first "W"!:tup: :icon_toast:
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Welcome.

The best gameday experience is a tailgater and then Chargers football. :bolt:

You cats need to show up and roll at our temple of decadent and deviant behavior.

This year we are going to the Super Bowl and win the whole enchilada.

Go Chargers !!
  5. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    OK, Trumpet, I will hold you to it

I may crash a playoff tailgate party. Every year the Titans are not in the playoffs, a buddy and I make an off the wall trip to a playoff destination. Last year, we went to both Cincy and Seattle since Cincy is just a four hour drive. In 2004, we went to Atlanta. This year, San Diego sounds great to me.
  6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    You called it "The Murph." I like you!
  7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for stopping by:) Congrats on your new qb coming along nicely. I'm glad we got by him early on in his career.:p
  8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man.

Just an FYI to the new members on this board who may not know about titanfan24, he's the same guy from the SDUT forum and is a good and well respected football guy. If I recall correctly, the Chargers are his second favorite team.

Congrats on the Titans getting their first win over the 'Skins.
    :tup:

Vince Young is starting to put it together already. I saw some nice throws and pocket presence from him versus the 'Skins.
  9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Is it called something else? :icon_shrug:

The house that Jack built. :tup:

And I am not talking about that fast food dude I want to go lights out on that stupid burger king.
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    OK, Trumpet, I will hold you to it

your always welcome man
    and yeah you have some big positives coming from your area so stay strong
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the props TF24!!!!

Good to see you now posting in the better Chargers forum!!!:rockout:
  12. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Yeah PROPS to TitanFan :icon_toast:
    :icon_banana:
  13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Titanfan you're a good guy as always. Congrats on your 1st win. Whats the word on McNairs injury? And do you think he'll get his starting job back? He's my fantasy back up QB so i'm trying to decide if I dump him now.
  14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Nice post and thanks for the props.

I think Young will be pretty good but man he throws funny....lol
    He has really come a long ways passing the ball since he was a starter at Texas.

Tell me what you think of Fisher. You think he is a good coach or overrated? Some fans here would like us to get him if he and Marty are fired but im not sold on Fisher.
  15. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys!!! Fish is a REALLY good coach but

He's more like Marty than you think. He's another old defensive player that would love to win 17-10 or 14-10 games all year if he could. He cost us a championship in 2000 by playing that style and it caught up to us in a slugfest against the Ravens. He put the shackles on McNair and told him not to lose games between 1998-2000 and it worked for the most part, but there is no way the 2000 Titans should not have won the Super Bowl. Statistically, the Titans had a better defense than the Ravens team that won it, but Fisher got a 10-0 lead and wanted to sit on it and two blocked kicks and a pick 6 later and we were going home.

He finally let McNair play from 2001-on and he blossomed until the injuries caught up to him. But by that point, Eddie George was washed up, Jevon Kearse was injured, Bruce Matthews retired, Jon Runyan left in free agency, and we just didn't have enough to get past New England and Oakland in 2002 and 2003. Then the cap hit us hard and it was over.

Personally, I don't think Fisher is going anywhere. I wasn't that strong about it a month ago, but all of a sudden, this team is starting to get better. Everybody talks about Vince, and he is a special player, but it is the emergence of the Michael Roos', Brandon Jones', and yes, even PacMan. These guys have played great ball lately and hopefully they can achieve some consistency.
  16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Of course its the Murph!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :tup:
  17. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanx for the kudos TF24. Glad you guys beat the Skins! I thought you guys made a heckuva run against the Dolts. They are definitely overrated! The Murph will always be the Murph. I remember when it was built. A huge improvement over Balboa Stadium! Vince is special and he should go a long ways. He's raw, but looks better each week. You are right about the cap, free agency etc. killing you guys. Best wishes in the weeks ahead!:bolt: