1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your Thoughts on Igor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jan 14, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    What do you think about Igor? I got a negative reaction for calling him out a while ago but perhaps people will see things differently. What I see is an efficient run stopper who has virtually no ability to rush the passer. This leads me to believe that we can upgrade a DE spot. Igor ends up rushing the passer quite a bit and can rarely generate pressure. He does not have the quickness to close in on quarterbacks in pursuit and to be honest, he could make a lot more plays in the run game but struggles to disengage at times. I know he is a fan favorite but I certainly think that a better DE exists out there somewhere, and those 5-7 extra sacks and 5-7 or so extra tackles for loss and extra QB pressures that can be generated from that spot without compromising our ability to stuff the run, would really help us. Igor is ONE DIMENSIONAL, and although of all the positions that it is acceptable to be one dimensional, the DE spot in a 3-4 is the most excuseable, I nevertheless think that we would benefit greatly by bringing in a more agile player at that spot. What do you guys think?
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I like Igor, and we should not evaluate anyone for two weeks minimum in my opinion.

But that said, evalate away.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    As his adopted father for a few more days anyway I gotta say this about him

He's gotten better at rushing the passer but yeah in many ways he's just a big tough strong run stopper. He will never be near Castillo's level in the pass rush
    Having said that, good players like that are very hard to come by. It will be hard if not impossible to fully and truly replace him
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +387 / 6 / -0
    what if he bulks up some 20lbs, can he eventually replace Jamal in the middle ?