1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You're not a "true" Chargers fan if you root for the Donkeys to win SB48

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    I am rooting for my squares to win me money in Super Bowl pools! But I have Manning fatigue, I can't take any more Peyton ball licking. Hopeful he chokes in a painful way so he can be remembered as a dude with ridiculous numbers who went 1-2 in the Super Bowl and only got the one ring because he got the gift of playing against Rex Grossman.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    superbowl.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    Gase removed himself from the Browns HC job, reportedly. Which means Peyton is not going to retire if they win? Or could John Fox AND Peyton retire, and Gase get the HC gig in Denver?

Whatever happens, happens. **** the Broncos, I won't be cheering for them, but if they win theres a 95 % chance Peyton retires, and I would love to see that. So cheers to that happening.
  4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +884 / 15 / -1
    He removed his name from consideration. So, yes, I'd say that the odds are certainly against him being the next Browns head coach, but it's also not improbable. That job (and that ownership/management pairing) is the new version of Uncle Al's Oakland - they have 6 Pro Bowlers, a buttload of cap space, two picks in the 1st round and three in the Top 50, and they have candidates pulling out right and left to succeed Chud.

Realistically though it sounds like their three top choices were Gase, Seattle's Dan Quinn (also coaching in the SB), and the former Jets' DC/current Bills' DC Mike Pettine. So if Quinn or Gase (or Bisaccia who was also interviewed, but doesn't sound like is a leading candidate) aren't hired between now and when the Lombardi trophy is hoisted... it's entirely possible they take another stab at Gase with the season over.

Also, for anyone looking for a great way to blackout before the 4th quarter (so you won't have to see the Donkeys hoist the trophy if in fact they do win), there's a very simple drinking game whereby everyone draws "Manning cadence words" out of a hat and drinks whenever he says them. If you draw "Omaha," you'd have to have an incredible tolerance to not be out cold before Bruno Mars goes on (which might be a blessing as well). I'll be waiting for that self-serving bastard to work "Papa Johns" into his cadence for another cheap plug.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 2 / -1
    The Seahawks and 49ers are my emergency backup teams, I've lived in both cities. So last Sunday was a win-win for me and I'm definitely pulling for Seattle in SB48. But to paraphrase another poster, I don't care what some random internet persona thinks about who I root for. Fact of the matter is, any team that wins a Super Bowl gets my respect, and I'm happy for them.
  6. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings Received:
    +67 / 2 / -0
    Far as I'm concerned, I hope they choke on 3 feet of meatwhistle and when they do, I'll be waiting with a jar of peanuts, a bowl of chili, and a tall glass of milk so I can take the stinkiest **** on Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,247 / 12 / -5
    Don't sugar coat it! Tell us how you really feel!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BoltsNHoes

Ratings Received:
    +67 / 2 / -0

That was the most politically correct way to put it, my friend.

[​IMG]
  9. Day1BroncoFan

Day1BroncoFan Broncotalker

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 4 / -0
    I'll be rooting for the Broncos!

GO BRONCOS!!!
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    THEN CLEARLY YOU ARE NO TRUE CHARGERS FAN! HURUMPH!
  11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 42 / -6
    I see the BoltStapo is already collecting names. Well, they can kiss my big harry shiny white arse and like it!!!!!!!.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    I'll be pulling for the team that my team plays twice a year. As much as I hate the Donks, that's the way it is.
    I'm pulling for my conference and my division. I really really hate the Sea Hawks. I don't like the coach. I don't like team history. I hate the 12th man and how ridiculous an advantage they have because of some blind luck acoustics. I hate that they have always screwed me in any pool or bet (chokers). And I especially wouldn't want the stupid *** Sea Hawks to win a ring before us!!!! And that does not make me any less of a Charger fan. I was at the murph in my diapers in the mid 70's. So suck it!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Oh Ray...True Charger Fan? I fell for that one in late 2007...you do know how to stir it up.

I hate the Donkeys...reasons are obvious. Typically, I vote for AFC...Unless it is the Raturds, then SCREW THEM!

I'm going for the Hawks because I live in the Northwest. I'm not a big Seahawk fan, and I don't care for Pete Carrol but living in the Northwest is just enough of an incentive to keep me hating the Donkeys!
  14. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    I'm not rooting for them to win at all but part of me wouldn't mind seeing Peyton win another one.

But not because I like Peyton. It's because I hate ring counters when people compare the abilities of individual players and as it stands right now there still exists some of these doofuses who argue that Eli is the better of the two because "he" won two rings to his brother's one.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the score evened so it can be clear to even them that Peyton (as much as I'm not a fan) is clearly the better of the two. (it should be clear, but ring counters will always blindly look at rings unless that count is even).
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -0
    This is the first superbowl in a while, where I don't have to root for the lesser of two evils, ie Elisha Manning getting a ring, or Massholes winning another title. I don't have feelings for or against Seachickens, but I will certainly be rooting for them, just to see our division rivals lose, and Peyton Mannings greatness be questioned further. (which is ridiculous)
  16. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    I can't stand the Donkeys and I hope they just don't lose, I hope they get crushed and all their fans shut up. That being said, if another AFCW team was it in, I just may root for them depending on the opponent. So does that make me less of a Charger fan (been one for over 30 years) cause I may cheer for a Raiders or Chiefs win if the Chargers were out of it? Heck no!
  17. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 3 / -1
    Really? If the Broncos win then their draft pick will slip one spot and over seven rounds of draft picks this could have some negative impact upon their draft class. If the Broncos do go on to win the SB then the Bolts being knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual Super Bowl winner is infinitesimally less painful. A Denver win will reinforce the fact that the AFC West is the strongest division in the league. These are my initial response to the thought of the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. Now if it were the Raiders then phuck'em, they MUST lose. If it were the Chiefs then I would unabashedly be rooting for them. When it boils down to it I would prefer that Denver win but I would not say that I was rooting for them.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  18. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 3 / -1
    :abq1::helm1::bolt2::D:roflmao::):tup:;):bolt2::helm1::abq2:
  19. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +149 / 3 / -0
    I ahate Denver hate PManning loved the Seattle Defense...

GO SEAHAWKS
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BoltsNHoes

Ratings Received:
    +67 / 2 / -0
    What the hell is all the moral victory talk? Last time I checked, the Lombardi Trophy has a "Super Bowl winners need only apply" clause to it and I don't see any rings or hardware being handed out for finishing 3rd place in the "toughest division."

Damn all that, I hope the Denver Burros bandwagon breaks an axle and they all come down face first in a big bowl of toilet nachos. If an alien armada was attacking Earth and the only thing that could stop them is the Denver Broncos, I'm rooting for the aliens. Only thing that would make me happier than seeing the Burros lose is for missiles full of piss and diarrhea to hit Mile High stadium ad Satan Manning on that gargantuan forehead of his.

GO!!! HAWKS!!!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Quite possibly the best post I have ever read. Bravo sir. Bravo.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,247 / 12 / -5
    Dammit man! I told you not to sugar coat it! :p
  23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    You had her at "missiles full of piss and diarrhea"
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    - One spot at the bottom of the draft isn't that big of a deal in a glorified crap shoot

- The Chargers being knocked out by the AFC reps in the SB isn't impacted whether or not they win, they still blew it but lost to a very strong competitor none the less.

- The Broncos don't need to win the SB to prove that the division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs is arguably the strongest in the NFL. Also, I hate conference pride in college when everyone tells me I'm supposed to pretend to be an Auburn fan during the NCG just because I root for the Razorbacks, I'm sure as hell not going to be an "AFC West fan" in the pros.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +130 / 1 / -0
    I've got no horses in this race. Actually could care less. Like I told a buddy... if you buy me a beer I will root for your team!
  26. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Honestly, it was the bowl full of toilet nachos that really made my day. My inner 12 year-old boy needed that laugh.
  27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    So, you could care less? Which means you are capable of caring less than you currently do? Therefore, you do care?
  28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,346 / 19 / -3
    I just don't want Broncos fans to be even more annoying than they currently are; and winning the super bowl will push that BS to critical mass
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +292 / 10 / -5
    ... or see Elway declared a genius of some sort. He tossed Little Hoodie... run Tebow out of town... and took a big risk on damaged goods... (much as revisionist historians will think vastly overpaying for Brees = Super Bowl). One of those was enough.
  30. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Tebow would have led that offense to more than 8 points.