1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

“Mamma L.T.” opens up about her famous son

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Ben Christian
    Posted Sep 16, 2009

LaDainian Tomlinson’s mother Loreane recently published a book titled “L.T. & Me” in which she shares stories about the events that shaped her son’s life.

He is one of the greatest running backs of all time, and possibly the NFL’s best player over the last decade. Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson[​IMG] is undoubtedly one of the NFL’s biggest stars.

Yet in this age of 24-hour media and as the high-profile world of the NFL, no one knows as much about the off-field life of L.T. as his mother, Loreane.

In her newly-released book LT & Me: What Raising an MVP Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Listening to Your Dreams, Loreane brings readers closer to L.T. than they’ve ever been, recalling the challenging circumstances of raising a family as a single parent as well as L.T.’s determination to overcome any obstacle to make her “the proudest mom in the whole world.”

Born in Marlin, Texas, as a colicky baby who cried constantly, “Dainian,” as his mother calls him, quickly became interested in sports and particularly football early on. Even at four years old, it was obvious to Loreane and Tee (L.T.’s father) that LaDainian was extremely gifted athletically. His talents were not simply physical, as his mother recalls.

“My jaw dropped the first time I heard him giving a play-by-play with the same level of expertise as the sportscasters,” Loreane wrote. “’How is he doing that,’ I wondered. I couldn’t understand it. He showed a remarkable understanding of the game at a very young age.”

Before he became “L.T.,” Tomlinson’s younger life was also heavily shaped by his faith. When he was 12 years old, LaDainian was invited to a Christian youth camp by a friend, an experience his mother says changed his life “much more than football ever would.” After meeting other children in extremely difficult circumstances at the camp, L.T.’s humility and faith were transformed forever.

While the book contains many anecdotes and stories that bring to life the younger days of the future Hall of Famer, perhaps the most inspiring moment that L.T. provided for his mother came from his senior year of high school in Waco, Texas, when he wrote a heartfelt letter to Loreane. In the letter, he made his mother three promises: he was going to college, he was going to play professional football, and he was going to make her the proudest mother in the world. Stories like these will leave no doubt in the minds of Charger fans as to why L.T. is loved in San Diego, both on and off the field.

L.T. & Me provides many insights into the heart of an NFL MVP and provides inspiration for parents who are bringing their children through tough times while helping them achieve their dreams. Through her special “heart” messages, Loreane also emphasizes how her faith helped her survive life’s toughest times.

L.T. & Me was produced and published by Tyndale House Publishers, who has had great success with a number of football-related titles recently. Tony Dungy’s Quiet Strength: The Practices, Principles, and Priorities of a Winning Life (July 2007) reached number one on the New York Times Best Sellers List and is one of the best selling sports-related titles in history. Tyndale has also recently released Game Plan for Life by NFL Hall of Fame coach and NACSAR owner Joe Gibbs.

L.T. and Me is available at bookstores everywhere.

2. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Nice stories!

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Shut up and play mom.

:lol: jeezus... relax... I'm kidding.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,707
    I loved every minute of this book. The note he wrote his Momma made my cry :lol: it's so genuine and so very Ladainian.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Anything in there about how he was often injured as a child? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,247
    Chuckman! How the hades are you! Enjoy the season!

7. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :lol::lol::icon_rofl:

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hope mama doesn't pull her groin! Oh, she doesn't have one.....