1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

#1 Total Defense in the NFL???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Nov 7, 2010.

1. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    I don't understand what your trying to say at all! Very confusing. How are the two points you mentioned mutually exclusive?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Think real hard. It is a very old argument. T-bone pines about trophies, says that is all that is important.

So why is he here? No trophies here yet. Seems simple to me.

If you are going to say all the Chargers history is caca, and only trophies matter, then why be a Charger fan? Obviously they are either bolstering, which is typically the case, or they are confused.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    While I don't agree the bottom line makes stats as meaningless as they were trying to say, he's still right that championships are what matters most.

I don't think that makes Chargers' history meaningless, but it's still why they play the game.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    You said what matters most. I will get back to that. T-Bone said they are ALL that matter... Different statements all together.

Back to campionships mattering most. I disagree. How many times do you hear that the two best teams did not meat in the Superbowl, or seen a lucky bounce win the big game? A lot. So if the best teams are not always represented, and a lucky bounce can win it, how much does that Trophy really mean?

I want one for the Chargers, I am sure the team is close to getting it. But if they dont I will not pine and say the team is shite because they missed it. I still have the Chargers history to be proud of, and a future where I know they can get it.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Luck is a part of the game.

We can argue until we're blue in the face who the "best" team was in any given year but only one team takes home the Lombardi.

Ask anyone in the NFL which they would choose between being the "best" team of the season or being the Super Bowl champion. Guess which answer you'll get 100 percent of the time.

I can agree with this. I'm not going to call the Chargers a **** team if they're good but don't achieve the ultimate goal. But the Lombardi is still why they play the game.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    There is some truth to what T-man is saying. We are fast becoming one of the best teams ever to have not won a Super Bowl. I would hate that title. That means we are the best of the losers, king of the rinky dinks.

But that’s why I go to every game, I cheer my A** off, I get as loud as I can when the defense is out there, and I cheer for every great play made by the Chargers! I have a great time out in the parking lot where we some GREAT tailgate parties! Getting ready for a game with some good friends makes the entire day a very enjoyable day out. Getting ready with some great people takes some of the sting out of a loss. Having a great tailgate party makes me want to get up at 6 in the morning on game day just to make sure I have everything ready. The time it takes from 6 till 8:45 when I hit the road has got to be the longest time I swear. I leave at 8:45 so I am on Friars road in line at 9:05 in the morning.

The whole game day experience drives me every single day. The off season sucks. And when the season gets here it leaves way too quickly! There are some games where you feel the excitement in the air! Those are the games I long for.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Now you're making me miss San Diego, H8R. :mad:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and thats why we all come here. To talk about Chargers football. We might not all agree on everything, but we are all Chargers fans. Now if everyone agreed on everything, this joint would be awfully dull

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Charger ball is all I've ever known as a football fan. I do enjoy watching other teams play but not anything like the Chargers. Even though we have all those pretty stats right now I'm sure all the player's would trade them for wins. I know this also, this team has not looked pretty while racking up those stats, if fact putrid at times. I still love the team but I can admit they don't look like they deserve to be in the playoffs either.