1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10 Friday Questions 12/19/ The holiday edition

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    10 Friday Questions 12/19
    The holiday edition
    [​IMG]
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless)

2. Are you spending more, less, or the same this holiday season as compared to last year?

3. What are you plans for Dec 25th?

4. Favorite holiday dessert?

5. Best Holiday I EVER remember was..........

6. Favorite holiday cartoon/movie:

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made?

8. If you could give one person their dream gift, what would it be?

9. If you could receive your dream gift, what would it be?

10. Any weekend plans?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Happy holidays to all my Bolt friends...even though I am a dyed in the wool Patriots fan...55 winters spent in Maine...I really do like you guys and this great board...please, donate Bolt Bucks...my goal (like a resolution but different)is to be the richest BoltTalk member.

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    The usual craziness of the weekend before Christmas

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless) Every Year on Christmas Eve we go over to Jingle Bell Hill (aka Pepper Drive Lights, and drive around that and look at all the Lights. Every year I tell the wife I want to walk it, and every year she looks at me like I am crazy

2. Are you spending more, less, or the same this holiday season as compared to last year?

More

None yet

Apple Pie with Ice cream
    5. Best Holiday I EVER remember was.........
    1975, it was the last time my Family was together for Christmas

6. Favorite holiday cartoon/movie:It’s a Wonderful Life (Black and white Version)

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made?I still hate the Raiders, but then every year I say I am going to hate them more then I did last year. Everything was shot back in February

8. If you could give one person their dream gift, what would it be? My Mother, that she enjoy her last Days on earth Happy!

9. If you could receive your dream gift, what would it be? A Lombardi

10. Any weekend plans? Work Saturday. Saturday Night I am going to have an early Christmas with my oldest, we will be getting together with friends and we are going to have the entire Family together for the very first time. I am Barbequing Steaks for 15 people!

Then Sunday I am going to watch the Chargers and the Bills kick some Butt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then take the youngest to visit Santa

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless) Since my family is spread out across the country... I usually fly to either Maryland, Florida, New Jersey, New York, or drive to Santa Barbara. Depends on where my immediate family will be. This Christmas, it will be Florida.

same

3. What are you plans for Dec 25th? Just be with family

4. Favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie with Ice cream

5. Best Holiday I EVER remember was......... Probably 2004. It was the last Christmas in the house in Maryland that I grew up in.

6. Favorite holiday cartoon/movie: Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made? I raised the bar a little high but I got a good start on all of them. This year, I'll finish them.

8. If you could give one person their dream gift, what would it be? My sister. I'd have the house paid for.

9. If you could receive your dream gift, what would it be? unlimited money

10. Any weekend plans? working and packing

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    The holiday edition
    [​IMG]
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless)
    I eat Chinese food on christmas and go to the movies

No, I'm spending less

See #1

Sweet Potato Pie

None really

Christmas Carol

I'm almost done with law school and I've had a good year period
    Lots of happiness to my family
    A winning lotto ticket
    10. Any weekend plans?
    Vegas baby, leaving at 4pm!

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Christmas Morning Breakfast/Presents with my immediate family. We always put on old Christmas music records, like Bing Crosby [yes, records] have a fire in the fireplace and then after we open presents make a big breakfast together.

A little bit more on gifts b/c I don't have to travel this year.

Spending the day with Mr. Sydalish and my Family.

Rice pudding - es muy bueno

My first Christmas with Mr. Sydalish's family - we drove to Corvalis Oregon

Charlie Brown Christmas

I don't make resolutions ;)

Only one person? I would have to say two people, I'd give my parents the money to pay off their house. So they can finish remodeling.

I'm sure it sounds lame but, my dream gift would be a ridiculous amount of money so I wouldn't have to worry about money ever again :D

10. Any weekend plans?
    Shopping, Wrapping presents, Cleaning the house & Football.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    The holiday edition
    [​IMG]

Watching as much of the 24 hrs of Christmas Story with my brother and daughter on Xmas eve until we can't take any more/stay awake/ect.

Less on everyone else, same on wifey and kiddo

Working Xmas eve, get home, sleep all day, wake up, go to Xmas party, go to work

homemade Xmas cookies (grandma's secret recipe)

Xmas 1996, Samantha's 1st Xmas, even got the classic baby crying on Santa's lap pic

See #1

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made? I don't make new years resolutions, it's much easier to be a lazy slob that way :D

I'd give my wife a billion dollars, then we'd never need to worry about money again

Metallica would play my birthday party, I'd get a Tumbler and an exact replica of the batsuit from TDK in a huge glass case, the playboy bunnies would be the cocktail waitresses, and my wife would lose 50 lbs and get bigger boobs(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

10. Any weekend plans?
    Buy more presents for my fam and myself (PS3 FINALLY!!!), catch Quantum of Solace with my bro, watch The Dark Knight a few more times, make some more cookies (my supplies are running low, watch Charger beat the Bucs and the Bills beat the Broncos

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless) We don't really have any. Just the usual watching the kids open presents.

2. Are you spending more, less, or the same this holiday season as compared to last year? Less... But it sure seems like more!

3. What are you plans for Dec 25th? Flying to SD. The Wife and kids leave tomorrow! :icon_party:

4. Favorite holiday dessert? Not much into desserts.

5. Best Holiday I EVER remember was..........The Last one with my Mom.

6. Favorite holiday cartoon/movie: Scrooged w/ Bill Murray

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made? I don't make resolutions.

8. If you could give one person their dream gift, what would it be? What ever my wife wants.

9. If you could receive your dream gift, what would it be? 1 Corvette for each year they were built,a garage in Cabo to park them in and an endless supply of Modelo on tap.

10. Any weekend plans? Working tomorrow, Charger game at Michael's Pub.

10. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    1. Favorite Family Tradition? (doesn't have to be a traditional family either just something you do each year regardless) Go to Hamilton, Montana for Christmas.

2. Are you spending more, less, or the same this holiday season as compared to last year? About the same.

3. What are you plans for Dec 25th? Christmas dinner.

4. Favorite holiday dessert? Cherry Pie

5. Best Holiday I EVER remember was.......... Christmas in Hong Kong.

6. Favorite holiday cartoon/movie: Rudolph

7. Where do you stand as you look back on any 2008 resolutions you made? I can't remember back that far.

8. If you could give one person their dream gift, what would it be? Trip to Disney World for my wife.

9. If you could receive your dream gift, what would it be? A Chargers Super Bowl Champions hoodie.

10. Any weekend plans? Traveling all day Sat and Sun to Hamilton Montana for Christmas.