1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

100 Words; Fix the Charge

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    The Chargers have had a disappointing season so far in most fans eyes. This week in 100 words we ask you to tell other fans what your fix for the Chargers would be.

Instructions:
    You'd start first with a sentence or two that introduced yourself.

Then ask your question or state your thoughts as to what the key point was. Start the word count at the beginning of your question or key point. Your introductory stuff and your prediction do not count against your word count. And, to be honest, just get close to 100 words. I am not going to trim you to fit; 120 would be fine, but 200 would not.

Example:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    BOLTS4LIFE is a long time Chargers fan and YOUR BoltTalk Role Model.

I think our main problem is lack of preparation. In 4 out of 5 games, we were completely unprepared to start. It shows because we've had to dig ourselves out of a hole in the second half. I don't know what our coaches are doing (or not doing) but this tells me they are not disciplinary. Which is part of coaching. I don't care how much the odds are in your favor. You NEVER overlook your opposition!!! My suggestion is that the coaches grow some freakin' nads, take the bull by the horns, and restore some order before things get out of control!!! If they are incapable, then they don't belong in NFL.

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    Savage Lizard, Bolt fan since 1975, forum curmudgeon...

I yearn for a day that our team DICTATES offensively and defensively rather than reacting to what the other team does. When we have a team on the ropes, knock them the f*ck out! On defense, let's challenge people. I'm tired of watching our guys line up 7 yards off the receiver. If we get beat, at least we didn't just give it away. Some will inevitably blame the current coaching staff, but it's pretty much been this way forever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    I am a 25 season Bolt fan from Scotland.

Offense - stop trying to prove we are still a premier running side - LT's 41 yarder vs raiders was NOT vindication. We need to put faith in Phil from the get-go and throw the damn ball. Also, every pass does not need to be a 20 yarder. Short slants and screens work and can help set up the run game, for balance. We need 2nd and short, not 2nd and 12.

Defense - the line aint working - so blitz baby, and force the pace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Enormo is a long time Bolt fan and a super nice guy.

Norv has installed an offense that doesn’t run predictable plays based on down like Schotty did. It’s what fans have wanted. However, a more complex offense with unbalanced play calling has led to execution problems and has killed the offense’s rhythm. Miami was a prime example. The first drive featured a good mix of runs and passes and the ball was moved. Then Norv gave up on the run and penalties and missed blocking assignments etc. piled up. Norv needs to re-establish the run and stretch the field with vertical routes off of play action. Establish the basics and then get more creative from there. On D? Be aggressive and get a *real* backup for Jamal.

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Johnny Lightning is a long time Charger fan

I think one of the problems is injuries...

On Defence

SM the best D player in the NFL out for the year

His backup JT injured

Cooper out for the frist 4 weeks give him some time to to get back in shape

On Offence

Rivers
    Hardwick
    Gates
    LT
    Goff
    Tolbert
    are all hurt

And now Chambers is hurt

McNeill missed some games and these are just some injuries that we know of...

Our offence is messed up

I know what ya gonna say... all teams have injuries... :icon_finger:

IMHO