1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

1000 tix left as of 6PM

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Eric, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Chargers Twitter - Ticket Update: 1,000 general tix must be sold by 1pm Thursday in order to lift the television blackout.

You'd think that would be a low enough total to trigger extension

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It should happen.

Cassell just ruptured his vagina so he is out.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Someone will cough up the money for those tickets. Most likely Channel 8, as they'll make it all back & then some by selling commercial time.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Yup a “real fan” sits at home praying that “SOMEONE” will buy the remaining tickets so they can sit at home. Its not like “ANYONE” notices that there is “NO” fan support here in San Diego or anything like that. I guess all the “Real fans” are all ready at the game “SUPPORTING THE TEAM”. The rest can sit back and cry when the team moves. Then they can cry about lack of fan support.

Lack of fan support will be a sure cure fire way to help get this team moved up to LA. There is strength in numbers, and those numbers are dwindling rapidly. Why should the new owner keep them in San Diego there is no fan support. The only way they can sellout is if the other team fans buy the remaining tickets, does that mean there are only 50,000 Charger fans? Because the other 20,000 in attendance are always the other teams fans, and they are wearing the other teams colors.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Cassell had a new microscopic procedure to remove his appendix, and is not ruled out to play this weekend because of the minimal invasiveness of the new procedure.

Trumpetman, get to know what you are talking about before you spread false information!

At least that is what you tell others, right Tony?

6. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Remaining seats are typically garbage seats, grossly overpriced garbage seats. I understand some can't afford more, but don't bag on people because they don't rush out for the leftovers, so they can pizz away $100 a person to look around a column from the nosebleed section.

As I've said many times, those of you so obsessed with the Chargers you're planning to be buried in Charger gear, well, you're a small minority, you don't float the financial boat so to speak. A team's greatest revenue source is TV revenue. Why? Because most of us watch from the couch. And if we didn't you'd be watching the 1950 NFL still.

7. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yup a “real fan” sits at home praying that “SOMEONE” will buy the remaining tickets so they can sit at home.

This "real fan" doesn't feel the need to drive 2 HRs to San Diego to sit by himself in obstructed view and would rather sit home.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He had the same procedure as Big Ben did a couple years ago, and Ben missed about 12 days

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Conc believes the reports the guy has a 50% chance to play ..... then he also believes in the tooth fairy as well.

Cassell had a laproscopic procedure (small incision and sucking tool) and it has a 3 to 5 day no strenuous activity period. I think Big Ben had the same procedure.

I hope Cassell plays because according to Shaun Phillips, he is fair game especially his fresh slice.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Anyone who complains about blackouts is either an idiot or has no internet connection.

Blackouts are history and have been for a few years due to the internet.

If a fan wants to watch a blacked out game, they can do it.....easy. The last two years showed me how incredibly easy it is and I can stream it to any TV, laptop, PDA etc etc.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    According to NFL channel you and trampy are incorrect. The Chiefs have not ruled out Cassell fro this weekend, based on the results of this new procedure.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Anxious to be proven wrong again I see.

This new procedure is the same procedure Ben Rothelisburger had.

It is called laparoscopic surgery.

Now kiss my feet.

13. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm happy it will be on TV because that means I can DVR it. Don't know of an easy way to do that with an internet connection. Not to mention watching it in full HD on a big screen. Still plenty of reasons to want the blackout lifted.

I'm missing my first game in person in 3 years because of my daughter's first Christmas play. Not a fun choice, but a fairly easy one.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    We didn't rule out Gates in the games he missed either. Whether they have ruled him out or not is irrelivant. Yes there is a chance he plays, but it is not a very big chance

Step On Up

Within the first half hour of yesterday’s news breaking, three different media outlets had three different medical experts weigh in with their opinions.

The results?

One doctor said that Cassel has a 50/50 shot of playing on Sunday. Another predicted that we’d see the Chiefs quarterback return next week in St. Louis. The final doctor said that the appendectomy could sideline Cassel for up to six weeks. So there you have it. Nobody really knows for sure.

The reality is that no two people are the same when it comes to recovering from an injury. The team, for the record, said that Cassel is expected to “return to work later this week.”​

15. GoChiefs81

GoChiefs81 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm flying down to San Diego to attend the game with 4 of my friends.

If fans really love the Chargers then oughta support them.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Would you like to see videos of your fans leaving at the 3rd quarter. There are tons.

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Same thing happened in Denver last year when were were killing them in the 2nd half of last year game during Thanksgiving week. It was awesome to see an empty stadium

18. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    So, how many tickets remain to be sold in order to lift a potential blackout?

19. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Chargers just announced blackout lifted. WOOP!

20. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I'd prefer not to have to watch a choppy connection lost filled game.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Blackout's been lifted.

EDIT: Sorry, Eric - missed your post.

22. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I had the same surgery as Cassel, and I don't think there is anyway he plays. It was a 24 hour hospital stay, and a few weeks of recovery for me. I can't imagine being hit right after having that surgery. They make three small incisions, which is much better than the old way, but it is still painful.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have fiber optic 25 up/25 down and zero lag so it is not high def but pretty damn good.

24. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    I'm going with Conc on this one, you do seem a little Trampy :icon_tease:

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

fuk off

26. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member