1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

12 Questions: Tomlinson’s redemption shot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    LT and Rivers are both classy profesionals. Neither would let petty jealousies get in the way of the team. They both want the same thing.

The only people this is even a question to are the ones scrambling for some excuse to post their tripe to get their internet cred... :lol:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    But just because you create a scenario that could be true based off what we know doesn't mean it is.

This train of thought is what conspiracy theorists thrive on, and I hate conspiracy theories.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I will start saving my pubes (to transplant) for that male pattern baldness look you have going on ......

My genius will work via osmosis but your head will smell like my crotch. :lol:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If fans were too pusss to think abou it, now the seed has been planted.

Fans will look closer and if any signs of mangina surface - it is on.

You know it.

I know it.

The old rotten stump out in the north 40 knows it. :bolt:

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT could be like Fred Taylor. We'll use a tiny little guy like Sproles to rip through the defense and use LT to get TD's and soften them up.
    I think Sproles can be our feature back; these talking heads are stupid.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You change your mind like a debuttante changes her panties. A few more beers & you won't even remember what you've typed. If AJ was the GAWD that you claim he is, he'd have already addressed the phucking trenches. Instead he grabs a little biotch like Derek Smith out of FA, lets a good NT prospect like Divens get stolen from the PS, hires a total POS DC like Cottrell, wastes high draft picks on 2 slow white boys that could have been had later ..... and you think LT is the answer to getting fatties for the trenches? AJ has HAD chances - he went other directions. Whose call is that?

If LT goes, so be it. I'm a CHARGERS fan first. Spin what you want - If LT goes I'll be sad, just as I was when Junior & Rodney got cut. If it helps the team, fine. But I don't believe it will. I think if we had a nasty OL and/or Lo Neal we'd still have a run game. Mix in more Sproles, Tolbert, & Hester with LT & we STILL do.

I'm not buying this "LT won't run because he's sulking that Brees is gone, Marty's gone, PR is the leader now" crap. It's more likely that he's sick of the AJ way to a championship that hasn't worked out.

[​IMG]

POOOZZZY

[​IMG]

WARRIOR

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    What's the purpose of thinking about something that might not be the case, though?

What do I gain by thinking LT might be being jealous and faking an injury to regain the spotlight? Especially if you and I both agree that that's more than likely not the case?

If it is the case and it leaks then, and only then, do I need to think about it and form an opinion.

Otherwise I'm just wasting brain cells on idiotic conspiracy theories.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You are as bad as Concudan. Maybe even worse.

A.J. got McNeil, Dielman, Igor, Castillo, Hardwick (who I am not a fan of but went to the probowl), Oben (to fill a gap) etc etc etc. Resigned Jamal ..... Divens was not going to beat out McKinney.

This team was **** before AJ or did you forget the lean years after Bobby Beathard traded our future draft picks away and then fired Bobby Ross?

This team did not know how to win until Marty/John Butler/AJ Smith arrived and righted the ship.

How does it look when LT's back ups have consistently gained more yards per run than LT has recently?

How do you defend this when it was done paying back up role players a fraction of what LT earns ?

Do we see a trend here anyone?

Someone?

Hello.

Is this thing even "on ?"

It does not bode very well if you do not "get it" yet.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Igor? :tdown: Castillo? Overpaid. McKinney? Divens was outplaying him in preseason. If he's the answer, I'm getting sworn into office on 1/20/09.

Let's see how AJ does w/o Nix to cover his azz.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is the exact same logic that was used at the Atlanta tailgater and we were 4-8. I said we would go 8-8 and back into the playoffs. I said it would be hideous yet glorious and many laughed and said " you are crazy .... "it will not happen"...."never in a million years" .... "you are high". :yes:

Some said "whoa, just maybe ... maybe" and I was right. Again. :bolt:

Many thought Brees was a class act. Me included until the mother F'er started to lie his face off. God told him to go to the Saints you know. It has nothing to do with the guaranteed $10 mil he was offered that no one else would match. Just when you think the halo can not be bent - bam.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'm not ready to write Igor and Castillo off just yet after one bad season.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    There's a huge difference between thinking the Chargers could win 4 in a row and the Broncos could lose 4 in a row and thinking LT could be feigning an injury out of jealousy over Philip Rivers taking the spotlight when you have absolutely nothing to base that accusation on other than the fact that it's being reported that he hurt his groin against the Broncos.

Pointing out instances where they happened to be right in and pretending that somehow draws a line to the current claim making it more "legit" is another ploy of dumbass conspiracy theorists.

The truth is, none of us really knows 1) whether or not he even is faking the injury, or 2) what his motivation for doing so is even if he is faking it.

Wasting time speculating that he's being a jealous prick over Rivers is a waste of brain cells and a waste of time.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208

Bull ****. You sat at tailgaters after a win, where Brees played well and cried in your beer about how you didnt trust Brees. How you did not like him and didnt trust him.

Now you thought he was a class act? You did not show that. Remember the posts between us prior to his leaving the Chargers, when he was our starter and you called him noodle arm, and too short. Said he had an attitude and called his receivers out? That is how you say he is a class act?

C'mon man, i know you have damaged the grey matter in your head, but please try and keep the revisionist history to a believable level... Geezu! :icon_rofl:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Seriously, let's follow the train of thought here.

- LT hurts his groin and leaves the game against the Broncos

- Fans insinuate that he's faking (having nothing to base it on)

- Fans go on to further insinuate that he's faking it out of jealousy over Rivers getting the spotlight, attempting to suggest he "overcame" the injury and had a great game in the playoffs. (Again, having nothing to base this accusation on)

Now I'm being told that this is something I need to be concerned about because of the fact that scenario is plausible and I have no way of disproving it.

In this country you're innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hollywood Leo - The premise is the same. Something that is out of the realm of possiblity became a possibilty no matter what example I use. Pick anyone you want.

Conc - BEFORE we got Rivers it was Brees, Flutie and Lemon. I loved that trio. Brees conducted himself with class. You like to forget those days since your nuts were squashed over Rivers' arrival and then my hatred for Brees (after he failed to win EVER against the BRONCOS).

Get the time line right ya dork.

Freaking revisionists. :icon_rofl:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    My time line is correct. You were crying in your beer after a Charger win about how you did not like Brees.

Nothing new. Same-o-same-o Trumpy we have all come to know and love. Kinda like the slow realtive we all feel sorry for... :icon_rofl:

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    No they are not.

In one case you're looking at something that can prove to become true, and it did.

In this case, LT can go on and rush for 250 yards tomorrow and we'll still never know 1) if he was faking or if it healed in time or 2) what his motivation was for faking it if he, indeed, was faking it.

You can now tell any of the doubters "see, I told you so" about the Chargers winning the division at 8-8.

Sunday morning, regardless of what happens tomorrow night, we'll still have no idea whether or not your accusation is true.

It's a waste of time and serves no purpose.

If he's faking it, and if it's for those reasons you suggested (jealousy of Rivers), and if it leaks to the public then it's worth responding to.

Otherwise it's just dumbass conspiracy theories with nothing to base it on.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I never liked Brees, however he turned out to be a pretty good QB. I still don't think he's championship caliber though, and I wasn't sad to see him go. This is all well documented in the forums I belonged to at that time. :bolt: :yes:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    What I am saying is what chuck f suggested and I have been suggesting and you pieced together but are having "acceptance pains".

I can see where there are elements to satisfy 3 ways for an "out" and not just one.

1. Fake it to lower the enemies guard.
    2. Fake it as an out in case LT tanks.
    3. Fake it because LT wants to one up that cracka' Rivers who stole his tiara.

There is the remote possibility - well maybe not so remote - that LT is actually hurt and thinks we are all full of ****.
    :lol: :abq2:

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Yes, I understand that the scenario is plausible.

All I'm saying is that you and Chuck have absolutely nothing to base this accusation on. NOTHING.

You had something to base a prediction of winning the division on. (The Donkeys were playing ******, the Chargers still being good) but this has no grounds to base it on other than the fact that it's a scenario you two conjured up that can't be disproven by any of us who have no contact with the real person in question.

I'm not having "acceptance problems" because as of right now there's nothing for me to "accept".

If you want to continue conjuring up asinine conspiracy theories then go right ahead. I'm done wasting my time and brain power on this nonsense.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Come Saturday night we'll find out. I think it's a ploy and I believe it's Norv behind it all. I could be wrong though, but Gates leaves the same game, something is going on. :bolt:

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Even if we find out he was most likely faking it due to having an oustanding game with no signs of injury we still won't be able to prove the motivation behind it.

And I'd much sooner buy an attempt to throw INDY off their guard than the nonsense Trumpy is spewing.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    If LT is one the field, the oppositions guard will never be lowered. Well unless he plays the 08 Lions.

LT faking it takes nothing away from Rivers. Rivers and LT have both had gfreat games before, the same game. LT by faking an injury dose nothing.

In fact the counter argument is more likely than your ill thought out scenario. If LT fakes it, and Rivers tears it up, Rivers is a bigger hero. LT is such a selfless superstar that he would do that for his firend and team mate. Man LT is great!

I am positive that Lt and most of the Chargers would consider you full of poopy... Well maybe not Hart...:icon_rofl:

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I'm not saying it's some big conspiracy, only that Norv might be pulling a Billacheat. I don't know for sure but when both Gates and LT were out of the second half that was my initial thought.:bolt:

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I know it wasn't what you was saying, and as I said I can buy that theory.

I can't buy Trumpy's asinine theory of jealousy and creating an "out" for a bad game.

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    It's all good, we all have our own thought's and opinion's on what going on. I just try to roll with the punches. :bolt:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    I think Rivera is plannning a rope a dope for Indy. he did not run many blitzes agains Denver, kept the pass rush vanilla and went max coverage.

I think he is planning on bringing the pain to Manning. Maybe some more Applewhite delayed blitzes. We should definately see some bumping the WR and TE and the line of scrimage...

Rivera I think will throw the kitchen sink at Manning. We are in the dance, now we are going to go mosh all over their candy arses!

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    And, in all honesty, I actually hope you're right.

I want LT and Gates to be healthy tomorrow.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc, just 5 weeks ago you were one down Bolt's fan. I kept calling for win's and never gave up hope. I'm glad to see you came around. ^5 dude and I soon hope to tilt a cold one back with you at a Bolt's home game, it would be my pleasure. Of course it would be better if you had teets. :icon_tease:

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Yup. I failed. I usually try and be the fan that keeps the faith. I remember telling Charger Ray that we were going to beat the bengals when we were behind soo much a few years ago.

this season, I guess my expectations were too high. That and I got very frustrated with our play. They have turned it around.

You were dead on, I look forward to drinking a brew with you... Does moobs count? :icon_rofl: