1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

12 Questions: Tomlinson’s redemption shot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 31, 2008.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    :icon_eek: I don't do moobs. :no:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Best game I've ever attended. :abq2::abq2:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I've witnessed many great games. I will never put a tag on just one, damn I love this team.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Hard to one up that one. :icon_shrug:

I guess if you was at the 1994 AFC Championship game it would have been better.

Definitely very hard to one up it if you only count regular season games.

(I've only been to one playoff game, and it wasn't a pretty one.)

5. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116

Actually amigo, you misunderstood me. His cap hit is greater in a trade or release later in his contract than his actual cap hit as he is on the team. His contract years go up some in price each year, but not absurdly. However, his signing bonus was significant and would pro-rate a penalty on his release. Add to that the potential cost of signing a high-end replacement for him upon his release and it's a lose-lose cap hit. Especially if, let's say, we pick up a pair of 1st rounders, or a 1st and a 2nd, or whatever. How do we sign 2 or 3 first round picks? Even spread out over a pair of drafts, that's a tall uncertain order.

Growing his replacement through the draft, or through clever trades for junior RB's makes more sense. Clearly guys like Turner and Sproles have benefitted from learning under him.

You now you're my homie, but on this one thing, I respectfully disagree. I am sorry I'm gonna miss you and Linda on Saturday but I am stuck in Australia, still.

GO BOLTS!

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The salary cap has a rookie component. It is referred to as a "cap within a cap" in order to sign the rookies each year.

For each additional draft pick we acquire via trade, for instance two first round draft picks, our team receives the rookie salary component acquired from the trading team. We get a rookie cap credit in other words. That is the way it works. It does not break the bank.

Remember when we got Merriman and Castillo? Those were two first round draft picks we acquired in the same draft. It is not as tall an order to sign 2 first round draft picks and it is actually quite simple.

It should NEVER be viewed as a road block to sign 3 first round draft picks although, smart money would probably parlay one pick into multiple picks or future picks.

The team is built through the draft. The more picks we have with this crack staff .... the better.

7. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Conc...you are a WARRIOR.:flag::icon_rofl::abq1:

8. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    We do know that LT is a "classy guy" because he told us.:icon_rofl: