1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

14-2?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electric Chair, Jan 7, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No thank you.
    Holding someone's balls does not sound good to me.

Can this thread get back to football already?!!!

2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You don't like fresh leather balls in your hand?

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Ohh is your widdle feewings hurt...

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't know what "widdle feewings" are but I'll just agree for the sake of you shutting up!!! :yes:

Anyway... The keys to beating the Ponies are simple. Our running game must dominate!!!

If our Special Teams can put some points on the board like the last time we faced the Ponies, that will be HUGE!!!
    If our Defense does half the job it did in our last meeting with the Ponies (considering Marvin Harrison is back), that will be HUGE!!!!
    Our offense sucked and sucked really really bad in the last meeting but things are different now!

If Rivers has a game like last Sunday... we'll smash the Ponies!!! Especially if we get an early lead!!!
    That's when LT and MT need to be out there getting first downs and running out the clock!!! Both have had great success against the Ponies in the past and can do it again!!

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Playing stupid again huh...:lol:

Good write up, but how does the defense do their job? Is it the rush, or falling back and keeping receivers in front of them?

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Rush.

SD gets more pressure and sacks on Manning than any other team. Two of Manning's six INT's were caused because of Merriman's pressure.

Sacks, by themselves, are a way overrated stat. "Pressure" is the key. Making a QB throw before he wants to, which leads to INT's and incompletions. It's the threat of a sack that's important, probably more so than actually getting a sack.

Jags @ Chargers ...... AFC Championship game .....

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    I 100% agree. Often time you can have the same effect by grabbing at the QB or hitting him just after the throw. We cannot however spot the Colts a half as we did the Titans. IMO the Colts have a better all around D than the Titans do, however they are not strong against the run.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    The last time the #1 seeds in both conferences advanced to the Super Bowl was 1993. I would love to see New England get bounced, and us take care of business in Indy.

Then EVERYBODY in the media would be all over Jacksonville's jock, picking against us. Just like we want.

:tup:

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    If you knew/understood what I and others here that served their country had to do to get even a smidgen of Chargers/Padres news over the years that you get so easily by just waking up every morning, you'd realize what a really stupid statement that is.

Or maybe not.

You're pathetic.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'd rather see hit's and hurries on Manning all day long. Throw in a few perfectly timed sacks on 3rd down and I think we'd have a great recipe for a victory. Our DB's need to stop the sideline routes and funnel everything inside, let our safeties pummel their ribs and soften them up a bit. Of course stop the run and cover the short zone like a glove, maybe more man under coverage in close.

If Philip can work the flats and get LT out in space, not to mention hit something deep here and there that would split the safeties early on, the run would open up. Then a methodical pounding could take place and break the back of their speed on D.

ST just need to stop any cheap stuff and make a couple big plays, just like they've been doing and we'll be fine.

I ain't no coach, nor do I pretend to be an expert on the game. I'm just calling it like I see it and I'm calling for a Bolt win no matter how it comes down the pike.:bolt:

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jes opinions, Bro...mine is if Philip is ableta account for Sanders, our passing game will flourish.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'd love to see Philip get Chambers, Jackson or Davis deep with nothing in front of the but goal line.:tup:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I gave you props for your service and as you said "that doesn't matter." I continue to give props to anybody who has or is serving.
    What does your military background have to do with this discussion?
    What ever you had to do for Chargers news back then is in the past.

So again... Are you a Chargers fan or a Norv fan?

Oh... Also keep in mind that this was your post that I was responding to.
    So you are insinuating that I'm upset about the Chargers recent success.
    Well now I'm speaking your language and you're getting upset.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Sorry but I don't speak your language. I speak English.

I'm glad you liked my write up.
    As for the defense, I agree with Hexedbolt. Hit's and hurries on Manning all day long is how we beat him in the past.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Hey Alan, I know your flexing your internet muscle and trying to show you are all that and a bag of chips but it isn’t working for me, sorry.

I get that you are caught up in the arguing. That you want to puke your opinions and what if scenarios, and be free from people questioning or disagreeing with the bile drenched takes of yours. You want to rub the faces of your ‘attackers’ in that putrid bile to show some form of superiority… But that does not work on the forums. You have been around long enough to know this.

I would suggest that you of all people can not, and should not bag on anyone else about if they are or are not a fan. You simply plopping down some Washington’s on seats doesn’t give you a pass in my book.

There are people who will objectively critique this team, without making up scenarios to do so and feverishly back this team regardless of what comes. That does not say that they back mediocrity or bad play, nor does it say that they will not get frustrated. They will simply look at what occurs objectively without inventing lies and silly scenarios to justify their observations. Some of those very fans don’t have the Washington’s to plop down for a seat. I know many feel if they spend money on seats they are better fans. My experience in the forums has shown me just the opposite in some cases...

You on the other hand are one of those whom make up what I consider to be asinine scenarios to disrespect and cheapen what the team does; of course that is your right. Just as it is the right of people, like myself, and BFISA to not like and or respect what it is you do, and respond.

So as to your question, why not find out about BFISA’s fan-hood for yourself. Read the BoltTalk Bugle then come at this with some education and intelligence.

Now we have sparred, gone tit for tat. But this is just silly. In person you are a great guy and one hell of a brewmeister, but when behind the monitor you are different. Hey we all are in some way. But don’t try and attack people on if they are a fan.

As for BFISA, I know you have been around a while, at the UT before here. Here before Norval ever showed up. Therefore I know that you and everyone sees the stupidity of the very question you have asked him here. You have been here. You KNOW the answer. Don’t cheapen yourself by taking such desperation moves to try and maintain your ‘behind the monitor’ persona man. You are better than that.

Now as I don’t like the arguing, and I want to focus on the positive things that are occurring I will put you back on ignore. I hope some day that can change. Until then peace out.

16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It's still at +355 at 5dimes. It would give you a great reason to try out a new book. :yes:

Once Gates is ruled out, we might see a jump, at least that is what I hope.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    EC, could you explain the +355 number please?

18. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    You win 355 for every 100 bet.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Wow! thanks. I have yet to see any talking head that thinks the Chargers have a shot.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

That's the "Moneyline" bet, not against the spread.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't question anybody's fandom in here.
    In fact, I've never bought into the "holier than thou" crap that some posters spew.
    The only way I would is if a poster was similar to some Retards fans that show up at our games... Talk like they know everything but can't name three players on the team. But I don't know any poster like that.

With that said... "flexing your internet muscle" is my line.
    That's not what I'm doing either. I'm just speaking the language.
    aka: a stupid post gets a stupid response.
    ei: sarcasm.

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol::lol::lol:

23. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Fuggin' ball watchers ....... :D

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Should not that be i.e. and not e.i? I know what a stickler for spellun you is...:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    The money line has officially hit +400, as expected.

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

+425 right before game time. If it hits that a few hours before kickoff, jump on it .... before the mob starts moving lines.

27. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl: