1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

1981 Chargers...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    #5 on NFL Networks top ten teams to never win a superbowl. Fun watching all that air Coryell era stuff. I wish there was on demand stuff on NFL network to watch classic games.

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,405
    A big thank you goes out to former owner Gene Klein for selling off players, so the 49ers could enjoy their reign of Super Bowls..... instead of the Chargers.

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Yeah, it had nothing to do with those players showing up with the hands out after recently signing contracts, or their as_hole agent Howard Slusher. People like to bitch about Klein, but he got tired of the bullsh_t.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    which is why JJ went to Green Bay.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Why Klein got into horse racing. He said that after winning a race horses never show up with their agents wanting more oats.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Klein is perhaps the worst NFL owner all time, if not for the Chargers alone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Yeah......I've never been a fan of the Spanos familia, but the memories of Klein just made me throw up in my mouth a little. I remember hearing my parents rant about him during their evening sports-section discussion over martinis and the Times-Advocate. Talk about a blast from the past. :poop:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Gene Klein did the same **** in the NFL that he later did in horse racing... he got tired of his toy and stopped putting money into it. I was in the womb/newborn at the time, so I'm going off of the info I've heard over the years from family and family friends both in the biz and not. Perhaps that skews my perception? I dunno.

That said, IMO people complain about the Spanos' but they're superstars compared to that douche.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I am sorry but I do not see it. I would take a Klein team over a Spanos team any day of the week. At least when Klein had a team out on the field, nobody wanted to play them. Can you have ever said that with a Spanos team? Klein had teams when there was no salary cap, and it was the 49ers taking Chargers that created the need for a salary cap, Klein did pay his players, but then the players always came back and wanted more. JJ was the straw that broke the camel’s back, after he was shipped off to Green Bay, the others left via free agency.