1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

1st Round DB

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Harley, Mar 12, 2009.

1. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I agree.

The LT deal is in all likelyhood a one year deal.

Sproles will be let go at the end of his franchise contract.

Hester is a FB, Lo Neal's replacement.

I wouldn't be a bit shocked at all if the Chargers drafted Knowshon, a rb for the future at 16.

Bingham for now has the starting job in Igor's place. AJ will draft a DE to share time with Bingham, but most likely in the later rounds.

When was the last time AJ drafted BEEF whether OL or DL in the first round ? :icon_shrug:

What makes you all think he's going to start now ? :icon_huh:

The Burnett signing almost assures that the pick won't be ILB.

AJ is a BLING guy not a BEEF guy in the first round. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Hmmmm Chicken, Fish or BEEF!:abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This team needs beef on either side of the line. Period. Anything else would be superfluous to this season. RB's come along every year. I wanted beef last year. The one good prospect we got is now in Carolina. Roll 'em, roll 'em, roll 'em-get them dogies rolllin'. Herd the beef.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +761
    Luis Castillo

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Jackson has an iffy motor & Jerry is already what, 26? I think we can do better. :yes:

I'd trade down if it meant we can get a early to mid second. The guys who are really worth our pick at 16 & a true need for us are likely to be gone. At 21 or later we could still pick up a good OL & there will be quality DL in the second. A guy like Ziggy Hood in the 2nd would be a great fit. At a later 1st rounder we could still grab someone like Eben Britton, Duke Robinson, Alex Mack, etc.