1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

1st Round Mocker, Chargers thru Round 3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by boltmania, Mar 22, 2011.

1. boltmania

boltmania BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Brought to you from Tram Kak District, Takeo Province, Cambodia…

Round 1

1. Carolina (2-14) Cam Newton, Auburn
    – Why? More like why not? He will buy the current coaching staff more time than Blaine Gabbert because he will at least show his “great potential” sooner. With his legs.
    2. Denver (4-12) Marcell Dareus Alabama – They’ve needed solid d-line play since Shanny went free agent shopping long ago and failed. Think about it, Gerard Warren was their best interior d-lineman in the past five years. Yikes
    3. Buffalo (4-12) Patrick Peterson LSU – I don’t buy all the QB smoke. I do buy that they would love it if Peterson is available as he is the best and safest player in the draft and will be an impact player somewhere as a return man, cb, or safety.
    4. Cincinnati (4-12) – Blaine Gabbert, Mizzou – Still waiting to see how the Palmer thing shakes out. That could force them to panic and draft a QB, a move that could buy Marvin Lewis extra time to coach the team if they do.
    5. Arizona (5-11) Von Miller, Texas A&M – Again, don’t buy the QB hype, they want a vet. They’d love to see Von available here. I think he’s right after PP in terms of cant-miss prospects. Vernon Gholston comparisons are a joke, this guy produced outside of the weight room. He wont last past AZ here.
    6. Cleveland (5-11) A.J. Green, Georgia – If he ran faster at the combine, people would be all over this guy like they were Calvin Johnson. But he didn’t, so he “falls”. Colt gets a weapon, now let’s see if he can use him.
    7. San Francisco (6-10) Prince Akumura, Nebraska – They need DB help. And they find it. Any other year Prince is likely the top CB.
    8. Tennessee (6-10) Nick Fairley, Auburn - Even with Washburn gone, the organization believes it just found itself the second coming of Fat Albert Haynesworth.
    9. Dallas (6-10) Tyron Smith, USC – Jerrah wants himself a more talented offensive tackle. He finds one. We’ll find out if he can play later.
    10. Washington (6-10) DaQuan Bowers, Clemson – They can’t believe he is still out there. Knee concerns have teams focusing on other players. Almost falls out of the top ten.
    11. Houston (6-10) Robert Quinn, UNC – They give new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips someone to crank up the pressure in the 3-4.
    12. Minnesota (6-10) Jake Locker, Washington – I have the feeling that this year someone will reach for a QB. Go for it Minny.
    13. Detroit (6-10) Nate Solder, Colorado – Another reach. The guy can play, but he seems more of a finesse player than a power player. However anything to help protect the fragile Stafford is a good thing for this improving team.
    14. St. Louis (7-9) Julio Jones, Alabama – Often looked like a man amongst boys in college, if only they passed more. He is the real deal and Sammy B couldn’t be happier to have him as a new weapon. Won’t drop past this spot.
    15. Miami (7-9) – Mark Ingram, Alabama – They’re stoked. No QB on the board they want in round one but the running back they want is. Could be much worse. Let him play with Pretty Ricky for a year or two before giving him the full load.
    16. Jacksonville (8-8) Jimmy Smith, Colorado – Whoa! Really? Yup, Del Rio and the front office know they have a short leash so they gamble big with this one because they need secondary help and take a talented but troubled player.
    17. New England - from Oakland (8-8) J.J. Watt, Wisconsin – If one of the few defensive linemen Belly wants is still on the board, he will draft with this pick. If not, expect him to move down. Watt is one of those linemen.
    18. San Diego (9-7) Cameron Jordan, Cal – Uh, if this actually happens, I will be stoked out of my gourd. Sure it’s a stretch and CJ could easily wind up gone in the top ten, but strange things often happen on draft day.
    1. Other Possibilities I can get excited about – Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Heyward
    2. Possibilities I won’t get excited about – Any WR or any O-tackle. WR I would rather wait until the second round and Dombrowski proved he can fill in at right tackle when we need him to. Better value in round two.
    19. New York Giants (10-6) Anthony Costanzo, Boston College – Still trying to be ahead of the curve in regards to their aging O-line.
    20. Tampa Bay (10-6) Aldon Smith, Mizzou – They need more pressure on defense. They take the still growing Aldon and hope he can be a force sooner than later.
    21. Kansas City* (10-6) Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin – Best lineman in the draft? Probably not, but he will surely be a solid right tackle for the next ten years starting this year and could certainly slide over and play the left side if they needed him.
    22. Indianapolis* (10-6) Corey Luiget, Illinois – They’ve been looking for some good beef in the form of an interior lineman for a while. Other needs, but this fits.
    23. Philadelphia* (10-6) Justin Paea, Oregon State – Andy Reid loves himself a hog and loves to have talented defensive tackles to rotate. He found his own Haloti Ngata Lite here.
    24. New Orleans* (11-5) Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue – Gregg Williams needs himself a new toy. His ability to create defensive pressure was a key reason they won a Super Bowl. Time to get another piece to get back to the same place.
    25. Seattle* (7-9) Danny Watkins, Baylor – Sure they would happy to have their quarterback of the future, but he’s not waiting for them in round one now and they would rather have a vet like Kevin Kolb. Why not get the nastiest O-lineman?
    26. Baltimore* (12-4) Adrian Clayborn – Health concerns don’t scare off the Ravens who always find a way to get talented players in the draft and then find a place for them on the field. Just don’t count Sergio Kindle as of yet.
    27. Atlanta* (13-3) Justin Houston, Georgia – Keep the homegrown guy in town. Maybe, just maybe, he will learn a thing or two from the ole vet Abraham before he runs out of tricks himself.
    28. New England* (14-2) Mikel LeShoure, Illinois – It’s practically a lock to see Belly trade down here. If he doesn’t, why not get the second best running back in the draft and a dude who isn’t scared to use his big body, three headed backfield monster will begin….. now.
    29. Chicago* (11-5) Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple – They love to draft defensive players early and are looking for someone to clog up the middle now that Tommie Harris has left town.
    30. New York Jets* (11-5) Cameron Heyward, Ohio State – Sexy Rexy would love to get his team a flashier pick, but he settles for one he knows will have an impact instead. Cam will help revive the age of their defensive line.
    31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) Mike Pouncey, Florida – Another dream scenario. Get more O-line help and pair him back up with his brother. Now if they could only use two centers at once…
    32. Green Bay* (10-6) Ryan Williams, V-Tech – They could go a lot of ways with this pick. I could see them going after Brandon Harris of Miami, but I think they will be happier to have more running back depth since they seem to go thru them.

Round 2

50. San Diego (9-7) Titus Young, Boise State – We don’t necessarily need more size but we could use a little more speed on the outside. This guy will help us forget about Bust Davis and return kicks if we need him to. I think at the very least we get another year out of VJack.
    1. Other Possibilities I can get excited about – Bruce Carter, Marvin Austin, Brooks Reed, Leonard Hankerson, Jonathan Baldwin, Aaron Williams, Phil Taylor, Randall Cobb
    2. Possibilities I won’t get excited about – Rahim Moore, Ras-I Dowling, Sam Acho, Dontay Moch
    61. San Diego - from New York Jets* (11-5) Orlando Franklin, Miami – I’ve always been a fan of quality O-line depth. The only other position on the team where you need a larger amount of solid players is CB. This guy is big and would be fun to watch develop.
    1. Other possibilities I can get excited about – Sam Acho, Greg Jones, Mason Foster, Greg Little, Ahmad Black
    2. Possibilities I won’t get excited about – Any interior o-lineman or running back. At this point, it’s still too early for one of those.

Round 3

82. San Diego (9-7) Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State – With Sproles very likely gone, we will need someone to electrify on returns and occasionally provide our heavy backfield with a little lightning. Rodgers drops due to poor 40 times.
    89. San Diego - from Seattle* (7-9) Mark Herzlich, Boston College – Sure he’s not the greatest athlete, but he did recover from a tough disease and for some reason could see him being another “A.J. Smith Guy”. If both Cooper and Burnett leave, which is a scary thought, we’re gonna have a huge hole in the middle to fill.

I would love it if our draft was heavy on the defensive side of the ball early on, especially defensive line and linebacker. Also if he can get on the field, I absolutely love the Bob Sanders signing as long as we can get Weddle stick around too

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Not a bad draft at all. If Cameron Jordan fell to us (and I'm starting to get the vibe he will somehow), I'd dance down the aisle. Love picking up Franklin as a RT, Young I like as well but if we get Young I don't think we need Rodgers. I'd sooner see about acquiring maybe another OLB (Herzlich would probably be an ILB in our system) or maybe even a cornerback.

3. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    i love the jordan and the herzlich pick