1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2-16-12 Chargers Rapid Reports Offseason

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ThunderHorse17, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Feb. 15, 2012 4:16 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers: There's no magic play call
    A season ticket holder asked Philip Rivers if he would prefer to throw the ball on first down instead of running. “It goes back to the magic play call, and there really is none,” he said. “We want to have a great deal of balance.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 4:10 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers compares Schottenheimer and Turner
    QB Philip Rivers compared the coaching styles of Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner in a conference calls with season ticket holders. “Marty was more of a pre-game speech type of guy,” Rivers said. “Norv is a lot more hands on. Norv is in the weight room and in the training rooms. He knows the players.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 3:51 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers wants fewest INTs in 2012
    QB Philip Rivers told season ticket holders that he has set a personnel to lead the league in the fewest INTs thrown in 2012. Rivers threw a career high 20 INTs in 2011. “If I can eliminate the turnovers we will win a lot more games,” Rivers said. “We would have been in the post season if I would of thrown a few less this past season.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 3:42 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers says he was not hurt on Week 2 play
    Many speculated during the season that QB Philip Rivers suffered an injury in Week 2 against the Patriots and that injury contributed to Rivers throwing 20 INTs in 2011. A fan asked Rivers during a team-sponsored conference call if he was injured. “No,” Rivers said. “I took a big hit and got the wind knock out of me, but nothing that would qualify as an injury.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 3:37 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers: Players are 'grown men'
    A season ticket holder taking part in a conference call with QB Philip Rivers suggested that Rivers should encourage fellow teammates to not party during the season and focus more on football. “We have great leadership on this team,” Rivers responded. “As far as what goes on in the evenings, you are talking about 60 guys who are grown men.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 3:31 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers: I want Jackson in San Diego
    QB Philip Rivers would like the Chargers to re-sign unrestricted free agent WR Vincent Jackson.“I want Vincent Jackson here,” Rivers told season ticket holders in a conference call. “Vincent and I have been together for a long time and we have a great relationship. He is super valuable to us. I would love to have him here.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 15, 2012 3:30 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Rivers: Play calling will not change much
    QB Philip Rivers told Chargers’ season ticket holders in a conference call that he expects the play calling to not much next season despite the team missing the playoffs for two consecutive season. “Norv (Turner) is a great player caller,” Rivers said. “Players have to go make it work.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 10:09 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Spanos: Working with Smith challenging but enjoyable
    Dean Spanos, team president and owner, said on the Chargers’ website that he plans to stay out of the way of general manager A.J. Smith despite the Chargers missing the playoffs for the last two seasons. “I still have confidence in A.J. and Norv,” Spanos said. “I never lost confidence in them. Working with A.J. is challenging sometimes and he’ll tell you that, but I really enjoy it.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 10:02 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Spanos: No decision yet on the release of McNeill
    LT Marcus McNeill (neck) finished the season on the injured reserve list and is guaranteed $10 million in salary for next season if the team keeps him. Owner Dean Spanos said on the Chargers' website: “We’ve made no decisions and are still working our way through all of the question marks we have on this team.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 9:58 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Spanos wants WR Jackson back
    Rumors recently have been circulating that the Chargers will allow WR Vincent Jackson to hit the open market as a free agent. “Everyone knows we’d like to have Vincent back,” team president and owner Dean Spanos said on the Chargers’ website. “It’s no secret. We’ll begin those conversations in the coming weeks.” San Diego could retain Jackson with the franchise tag. Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 9:57 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Owner Spanos has some concerns
    Dean Spanos, team president and owner, addressed his key player personnel concerns on the Chargers’ website. “The left side of the line with Marcus McNeill and Kris Dielman coming off major injuries, that would be my first concern,” Spanos said. “Secondly, I really think we need to go look at a potentially big-time pass rusher/outside linebacker.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 12:07 p.m. - by Dan McLellan - Report: Hardwick to play in 2012, preferably for San Diego
    C Nick Hardwick has decided to return to football in 2012 after briefly contemplating retirement, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Hardwick is an unrestricted free agent, but would prefer to remain with the Chargers where he has started 103 games since 2004. “I’d certainly like (to stay),” Hardwick said. “I hope I’m in their plans. If not, we’re ready to go on.” Chargers RapidReports

Feb. 14, 2012 11:41 a.m. - by Dan McLellan - Team mourns passing of wife of DT Tommie Harris
    Ashley Harris, 29, the wife of DT Tommie Harris, passed away Sunday evening in Oklahoma after suffering a stroke or brain aneurysm. “The Chargers family is saddened by the sudden loss of one of our very young members,” the team said in a statement. “Our prayers are with the Harris family during this most difficult time.” Chargers RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/SD

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Yes! Hardwick will return!! ;]