1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2/27 - New NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 27, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

27. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    KENNY PHILLIPS
    S | Miami (FL) | Scouting Report
    Looking at their depth chart it is somewhat difficult to pinpoint many glaring needs for the Chargers. Difficult but not impossible. One area that may be a concern is the secondary, where safety Marlon McCree has been a disappointment and will likely be shown the door. Some feel Kenny Phillips that is not a first round pick but I am quite confident he will reach that level before all is said and done. Phillips did not have the junior year that most were expecting but he is still an excellent prospect with all the tools you look for and and will help carry on the Canes tradition of sending safeties such as Bennie Blades, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor and Brandon Meriweather to the pros.

If there's a non-fat guy that I'd draft, it would probably be him. Hart's good but Phillips has an incredible amount of physical talent and he'd be an outstanding running mate with Eric Weddle in the backfield

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    Fox has one too

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7843028/First-round-mock-draft:-Dorsey's-stock-falling

27. Chargers Chris Johnson RB 5-11 197 East Carolina Senior
    The Chargers are in a situation to draft the best available player, and they can go in many directions. But the one direction they should go in is adding a running back. LaDainian Tomlinson is still the best in the business, but how many more years will he play at a top level? Also, Michael Turner is a free agent and won't return. East Carolina's Chris Johnson displayed mind-blowing speed at the Combine and has raced his way into the first round.
    Previous mock draft selection: Kentwan Balmer

I'd swear they pick Charger draft picks the same way the Archies used to pick vacation spots: blindfold Jughead, spin the globe and let him throw darts at the location. I love we'd pick Johnson over a RT or a NT or hell even over Dominique Cromartie