1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2-5. Norvitis has infected the entire Charger organization

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Oct 24, 2010.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Time to lower my expectations.

Everyone was right. We will never win with Norv.

:mad:

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    BOLTS4LIFE LIVES !!!!!!!

FREE B4L !!!!!

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    [​IMG]

Reeurect B4L

4. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :trout:

:nana_rasta:

:icon_party:

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Nate Kaeding has to be laughing that it is another kickers turn to be burned at CoronaDougs stake.

7. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    He is just the temp. I blame the stupid 5 yard penalty more than the missed FG.

8. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Joke or not this is the sad truth. This team has been unprepared to come out and get on top of opponents for 4 years now. The entire philosophy is to wade carefully through the first half and see how things are playing out...and then make adjustments in the second half...which generally works in our favor if the other team lays back in a prevent defense. Limited emphasis on coming out strong and we are no longer finishing gaes...and no accountability for constant mental implosions on the field. We no longer have the experience and talent to overcome mistakes against even the worst teams. We are better off losing the rest of the way to improve our draft positioning and at least give a chance to the fact that the organization may pull collective heads out of arses and put someone with some balls in charge of the team.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Are you going soft on the kickers ?

WTF ?

I think NOrvitis had something to do with Richard Goodman thinking he was still in college leaving the ball on the turf for the Patriots and Hester letting up because that play might have still been live.

Norvitis refuses to infect the "Chosen One" because that mother F'r had the best tackle of the day on the lateral to save a TD.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,670
    This is a team that seems to accept sleepingwalking through most of the game and then only turning it on when it is absolutely required by the game for the team to play like they actually can. They just do not care until like the fourth quarter and late there in fact. You can see a different look in the KC Chiefs

The defense at least shows signs of snapping out of this. Good to see - thanks Rivera

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Chargers should have used the 2 minute offense more often when they are flat.

Instead - we see Norv's hideous grill and that thing about to pop next to his nose. He should have that thing removed by rats or a steak knife before it explodes and messes up a camera lens.

12. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yesterday WAS National Mole day

[​IMG]

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,670
    that's an insult to Applewhite who gave us the chance to win with a fourth down stop

15. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm not a big fan of the blame the coach mantra. I think that it usually doesn't apply. However, there is one common thread through MANY of our players just playing like crap. Tolbert. Sproles. Mathews. Goodman. Rivers. Those are just some of the players on the top of my head that have given up bad fumbles. How could they all forget to protect the football? Because the coach isn't doing the right job preparing them, motivating them and holding them accountable.

AJ isn't off the hook either. Anyone with half a brain knew this team had a lot of holes. So why give up our 1st and 2nd pick for a player we hardly use? Any FA RB would have been fine for this offense, we needed help in other place from those two picks.

Tragic and unacceptable.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Not knowing how to use Mathews is a Norv problem. AJ drafted a talented guy who can't got on the field for whatever stupid Norv reason.

17. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Most ships don't sink in the blink of an eye. Especially those that have been built well to begin with. Hell, the upper decks of the Titanic looked great as the ship showed signs of listing. It wasn't until the stern pointed straight up in the air that those beautiful dinning rooms and ball rooms lost all their charm.

The Chargers' slow starts for the past few years was the ship listing. There were a handfull on this forum who knew it meant that the team was going down. Now, the tail end of this team is sticking straight out of the water and the passangers are scurrying around like rats on... well... a sinking ship.

RUN RATS!!! RUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!

18. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

19. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    I do blame the coach! :mad:

This team is consistently not ready to play on a week to week basis. We never really "get it into gear" offensively (isn't that supposed to be Norv's strong suit?) until late in the game when we're far behind and the opposing team just has avoid self destructing in order to achieve victory.

Philip Rivers is the only reason that these games end up as close as they do on the scoreboard, but one guy cannot do it alone in the NFL.
    Once we get behind by a touchdown or more, Norv totally abandons the running game. A "healthy" Ryan Mathews only gets 8 carries in the game, and quarterback Philip Rivers has more rushing attempts than Tolbert, Sproles & Hester combined? Where is the "balance" we've heard so much about?

20. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Like we spoke of in another thread, I don't think the kid will let us down if he's given the opportunity. I don't like seeing tolbert or sproles in the backfield down by the goal line either. RM should be in at least the firs three downs imo.

21. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    this!

22. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +205
    top opponent, scrub opponent... heck they've been unprepared for any opponent. Almost like the idea and excitement of NFL football is boring to them.

Oh and BTW where did our running game disappear to? I thought we'd be running the ball more than the token few tries. I hope we weren't worried about our RBs carrying the ball and fumbling it. That job was taken today by our receivers today.

Maybe we need to stop spraying our guys hands with that pigskin repellent spray that the Vikes Adrian Peterson was using last season.

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Somehow I doubt you'd be blaming the penalty if Kaeding missed it. :lol:

24. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +226
    Concur, if Nate missed it, he'd claim it's because it was a pressure kick and if he made it, he'd claim that it wasn't.

25. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Not true. Look in the gameday thread. I said it was clutch before the guy kicked it. The thing is if it was Nate missing it you would be more vocal about the penalty. Either way we will not get a chance to see anyone kick in the playoffs.

26. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Like I said he is a temp.I have no expectations except making 40 yards and in. If it was Kaeding then he is expected to make it isn't he?

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,779
    The easiest thing in the world to do is blame the coach. Other than Bobby Ross, we've been blaming them since 81-82?? so what gives? Is it the coach, the GM, the player's or ownership????? The drunken eye sees more closed than open.

28. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

This is why I HAVE TO BLAME NORV. I was one of the posters supporting Norv and saying how it isn't him out there fumbling the ball away or makeing stupid mental errors. Then I thought about it. Peterson has yet to fumble the ball this year, and why might you ask......he was taught how to hold onto the ball. Tiki use to fumble all the time until he was taught how to hold the ball. You would think that with all of the fumbles we have had this year that Norv would dedicate alot of time going back and teaching the basics (does that sound familiar?). There is no excuse for this to continue happening and because it does I can only think but to blame the head coach.

29. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    I get the biggest kick out of all the Norv haters now. I have been saying stuff like this for the past 3 years. About how ridiculous he is as a head coach, and the blount majority of you ridiculed a few of us for it. Now you all are seeing the light and it's kinda funny.

Unfortunately, Norv Turner and AJ Smith both need to bored the fail train right out of SD.

30. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +226
    I'm not ready to give up on AJ yet, but Norv could be fired next week and I'd support it. It took awhile for me to come to this conclusion, especially after what Norv did with a wounded team in the 2007 postseason. I started to suspect that he may not be the one to take us where we want to go after we laid an egg at home against Denver last season right after our bye week and trailing them by several games, and then we went on that long winning streak before blowing the playoff game but I can no longer deny the same problems that have plagued this team for Norv's entire tenure - maddeningly slow starts every year, lack of intensity, lack of preparedness, and no one really being held accountable, save a few guys who were cut and in prior seasons, I could understand and even justify our slow starts in prior seasons but this year I just cannot.

It's utterly unexplainable how this team can be so bad in the 1st half of every game this year, no matter who we are playing against and only showing a sense of urgency late in the 2nd half when we're several scores behind.