1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2 coaches let go...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Feb 21, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +484
    Searched and didnt see that anyone posted this. Found it at the bottom of the signing stuff for Phillips on chargers.com:

Redding, Wuehrmann dismissed

Strength and conditioning coach Dave Redding and coaching administrator John Wuehrmann were dismissed Tuesday morning. As he stated Monday, Turner anticipates keeping all of the position coaches that he inherited.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Stewart is the next one to be dismissed. :yes:

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Well, since Turner is in charge of who is on the coaching staff, that means Stewart is only out of here if he voluntarily resigns.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    As long as we keep coach Crosby I'll be happy. :yes: :tup:

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    They just hired his replacement today. So it's probably just a matter of days before he's shown the door.

6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +484
    Yah Crosby is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uhhh wait, thought that was Cosby. Crosby the ST Coach sucks badly. Fire Him. And Cosby is pretty much old and mean and not much fun anymore either.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    Drug are bad, mmmkay?

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    :icon_high: :icon_high: :icon_high: :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta: :icon_guitar:

they're good for me maaaaan

9. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    and Jaiger is good yummmmmmmm :tup: :icon_toast: .. crosby sucks dilznik

10. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    WTF??? Are they just gonna clean out the whole staff and start over again?

I hate to see what AJ would've done if we'd gone 8-8..........:icon_sad:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Marty let the good ones go .... AJ's taking out the trash.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes:

It kind of bothers me that the majority of the media isn't dissecting this to expose Marty's actions in letting go of Chud and Manusky way too early. Today on NFL Live was the first time I heard someone ask Marty directly about the fact that his contract gave him control over the coaching staff (Suzie Kolber asked him about it). He kinda' shucked it off by saying that he wanted to bring "someone else" in and Dean and AJ didn't want that particular person. That person was his brother. But no one has asked him why he didn't ask Manusky and Chud to hold off on interviewing until after the fallout of the coordinators. Everyone knew Cam was gone right away, but he should have known that Wade was gonna get serious consideration from Dallas. As soon as Wade was hired, he could have promoted Manusky to DC. I bet that would have been enough to save his job.

Then again, he knew that too... that's why he let things go the way they did.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    When Lovie Smith was hired in Chicago, his first choice for DC was then Tampa Bay DL coach Rod Marinelli. Jon Gruden refused to let Marinelli go.

How come Marty didn't do that with Manusky?

Marty got himself fired. Pure and simple.

Anyone that is supporting Marty (most of the media) isn't looking at the basic time line of events with Marty's boss, Mr. Spanos.

Offseason before 2006: Spanos says he expect the Chargers to make the playoffs and go "deep therein" and if they don't then he'll re-evaluate the head coaches position.

After Pats playoff loss: Spanos says he has decided that keeping Marty is the right thing, and specifically cites "continuity" as the key issue.

January '07: Marty lets two key assistants leave to become coordinators, while losing his coordinators to head coaching jobs. Marty tries to hire his brother.​

All Marty had to do in order to comply with Spanos' wish for continuity was to retain Manusky. Shelmon and Manusky were capable of maintaining the schemes of the departed coordinators.

It's very simple. Why doesn't the media see it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Exactly. I thought Suzie was going down that road, but she crapped out. He's all smiley faced and gracious and everyone feels sooooo sorry for him. Hell, I felt sorry for him at first. Then I weeded through the bullshit and uncovered the truth. Lazy media asssholes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, and me too!! :D

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I don't get it most of the media thats supporting Marty are the same ones that said fire Marty, can't win in the post season, can't win the big one...whats up with that :icon_evil:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Like I said, man... Lazy Media Asssholes.

Path of least resistence. No one wants to side with Dean & AJ because they'd have to defend their position. And that takes effort. These lazy fuks just wanna get out of the studio and take a nap.