1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2 shot after Raider/49er game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Aug 21, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...-lot-oakland-raiders-san-francisco-49ers-game

Two shot after Raiders-49ers game

SAN FRANCISCO -- A man wearing a shirt slamming the San Francisco 49ers was seriously wounded as gunfire erupted in the parking lot after the team's NFL preseason game, while another man sustained lesser injuries in an earlier shooting, police said.

The violence occurred after the 49ers' 17-3 victory Saturday night over the Oakland Raiders at Candlestick Park, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.

Their names were not released.

The violence comes months after a San Francisco Giants fan was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the teams' season opener March 31. Two suspects have been charged in the case.

Police Sgt. Frank Harrell said that in Saturday's attack the 24-year-old man, who was wearing a T-shirt referring to the 49ers with an obscenity, was shot two to four times in the stomach, according to reports in the Oakland Tribune and the San Francisco Chronicle. He drove his truck to a gate and stumbled to security, Harrell said.

The other man was shot before that in the parking lot and had superficial face injuries, Harrell said.

"We are treating it as separate shootings, but we believe they are related," Harrell told reporters outside the stadium.

Harrell said police took a man in a Raiders jersey off a party bus before it left the stadium and were calling him a suspect.

The suspect and the two victims had all attended the game, Harrell told the newspapers.

The 49ers issued a statement acknowledging the shootings and the investigation, but offering no further details.

A 24-year-old man was treated at San Francisco General Hospital for life-threatening injuries, and a 20-year-old man was hospitalized with less serious wounds, Andraychack told The Associated Press.

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So,

Raiders fans shooting Raiders fans the way that reads ?

Gotta luv 'em.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    Yep. You can't make stuff like that up.

Just imagine how it'll be if the new stadium gets built in Santa Clara and the 9ers & raiders share it.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    They must really take their football serious up there.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    Actually, football is the afterthought. They take beating the sh!t out of each at a game seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
  8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Obviously another case for a Raider/9er shared stadium..

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Crap like this makes all sports fans look bad.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    if he survives, what a wasted shot

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Raiders fans........such a classy bunch. 'nuff said. :raiderssuck:

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    The really sad part is that this is probably music to the ears of most Raider fans. They LOVE that rep of being outlaws and misfits, hell that's why most of them latched onto that team. They think wearing that gear makes them a badass and a rebel. Sh_t like this just gives them more to brag about.

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    What I cant understand is why is only Candlestick park not going to be allowed to tailgate for the rest of the season?? And not OAK?? Makes me wish the game was in OAK they would have lost their right to tailgate.

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Here is the report:

12 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - 49ers ban tailgating at Candlestick Park after incidents
    In light of Saturday night’s incidents at Candlestick Park, where two fans were shot and another assaulted in three unrelated events, team president Jed York said that tailgating will no longer be allowed during or after games, that season ticket holders caught misbehaving will have their tickets revoked, and that the police will have DUI checkpoints set up. 49ers RapidReports

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +251
    They can't impose something like that in Oakland...the place would be empty by week 2!

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    so a Raider fan shot a Raider fan while in the Candlestick parkinglot . NOW the 49er fans have to suffer. Only in America!

17. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    justanother reason to hate the Raiders

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,666
    how there won't be riots and protests after this is beyond me

19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Nothing like a San Francisco overreaction.

20. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    violence at a game involving The Raiders, surely not.

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    The Raider PR squad reaction is ******* retarded.

One guy says..."I saw a lot of 49er fans fighting 49er fans."
    Their C.O.O. says..."Its easy to stereotype Raider fans blah blah..."

In otherwords they're trying to deflect blame by saying its coincedence that the most poorly behaived fans in pro sports just had 2 shootings and an attack in the same night in their stadium.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    that’s because they can’t throw the "Got Rings" argument at the 49ers fans, and without that line they are lost.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :laugh:

24. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,707
    I'm still baffled why anyone is surprised this happened when the Raiders(fans) were involved... and that they cancelled the series between OAK/SF. Hell, we had a fan shanked in the stands even after security for Raider games went up :p

As long as the organization and the fanbase celebrates it's "thug" image - this **** is going to happen no matter who they play.

• Like Like x 2
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    You are so right.

26. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    That's what bugs the hell out of me. They promote this 'gangsta' image---and the Raiders were 'gangsta' long before there was such a thing as rap "music"---and then they have the nerve to act surprised when their fans open up a can of Whoop *** on some poor schmuck who was just there to enjoy the game. Hello, clue phone??!!

27. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    That image is WHY many Raider fans are Raider fans.

28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...d-at-games-because-of-alcohol-sales-must-stop

The sad truth is right in there and he doesnt even talk on it. The NFL wont ban drinking at stadiums becuase they would be alienating 70% or more of their fanbase. Why even bother to pay so much for beer at a game??? Well its obvious to me were all addicted to a legal drug that causes/ accelerates the process of flipping out.

It sucks im a drinker, but this writer is pretty damn spot on with beer only adding fuel to the fire. I guess I can drink (prob will be illegaly) in the parking lot/in my owned vehicle or even more in violation of laws Ill just have to start drinkin a hour before I get to the game and ehh 2hrs before kickoff since tailgating will be banned that hour can be focused on pounding some more brews. Actually since obviously the only goal of any drinker is to get hammered drunk, I should jus switch to Capt and Coke. Could always sneak a flask and drink during the game. Hooray for sneak a drink!!

In short this problem isnt such a cut and dry fix. :/ I am for banning alcohol at games, but you just heard me tell you what will happen with that scenario so yea... guess ill jus stay home since the Chargers only come to MO once a season.

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    How much $$$$$$$$ does the NFL bring in every single year from Coors, Miller, Budweiser, Samuel Adams, and Corona? Every time you watch an NFL game just look how many signs are in the stands from a Beer Brewer. Watch a Super Bowl lately, who has the most commercials? The NFL will not turn a blind eye to all that money.

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    they can promote all they want, I dont have a problem telling them to shut up.

• Like Like x 1