1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2006 FIFA World Cup - Germany

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by y2craig, Apr 18, 2006.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Official website

9 June 2006 it all begins when the host country Germany kicks off against Costa Rica.

Personally, my pick to win it will be the Czech Republic. They have a solid group of veteran leadership on the side as well as up and coming youngsters playing throughout Europe. Will they be a match for powerhouses like Brasil? I feel as long as they are healthy - look out. The team formerly known as Czechoslovakia may very well shock the footballing world.

Any feelings on who you think may lift the silverwear this year on 9 July?

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I know the Czech's have a good team. Haven't kept up with European football to much over the last year. Did make it to a Champions League game Real Madrid vs. A.S. Roma in 9/04. Got to see mr. posh spice play. I wanted to see Barcelona play, but no games while I was there. Going to Europe this fall, I'll have to catch a few games.

3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    That is a must. By all means enjoy yourself! Nothing like a live event as opposed to television - no atmosphere on TV.