1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2006 Preseason Polls

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Chispa, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    The Chargers would beat them all! :lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Will be interesting to see if the Irish and Brady Quinn live up to the hype. He looked like a stud last year lets see if he can keep it up with all the expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    14 MIAMI
    There was a shakeup, no, let's make that, earthquake, on the Miami coaching staff following the 40-3 embarrassment at the hands of LSU in the Peach Bowl, when four top assistants were shown the door.
    [READ THE FULL MIAMI 2006 TEAM PREVIEW]
    [DOWNLOAD THE MIAMI PODCAST]
    [BUY THE 2006 COLLEGE FOOTBALL ANNUAL]

• Like Like x 1
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    IMHO, they got Notre Dame ranked too high and LSU not high enuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Nope Notre Dame is just where they should be.

ND will be even better this year. Their schedule is very conducive to them being undefeated up until their final game, where they visit USC.

Even then, USC is a shadow of the team that almost lost in South Bend last year.

It will be ND vs. LSU or OSU in the National Championship.

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    What??? I'm a huge ND fan and I will personally tell you they are ranked too high. Not because I don't think the offense will get it done, but because of the poor pass defense. Quinn has everyone coming back except for Fasano and Stovall, but our former #1 WR is back from injury and ND picked up the #1 TE last year in Konrad Reuland.
    If you ask most fans, I don't think the offense is what's causing them to lose sleep, it's the defense. Quinn should be fine.

7. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    From your mouth to .......:tup:

I hope to make it to the USC game. I would love for ND to kick Leisure....Uh, I mean USC's arse!!!

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I think ND's defense will be much better in 2006.

Rick Minter usually needs about 2 years to get it going. It wasn't until his 2nd or 3rd year as the DC during the Lou Holtz era that ND's defense was rock solid and helped them keep opponents from scoring to play a big part in winning the National Championship.

The thing I like is that Weis is giving Minter complete defensive control. Charlie runs the offensive scheme and calls the plays into Quinn, but it's Minter's baby on the other side.

9. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    We have talented DB's coming in like DW, but they'll need at least a year under their belts before they can get up to speed. Also, our LB situation isn't the greatest. I really think it's going to be a shootout with ND putting up a ton of points, but not being able to stop anyone.