1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2006 Season Predictions...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt-head, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Bolt-head

Bolt-head BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all you fellow Bolters! I'm new to the forum but really enjoy reading all of your posts. I must say that there are so many different views concerning our Bolts that you can just about satisfy ANY kind of fan...

Anyway, I do like to peruse the predictions of people "in the know" of how the NFL season will play out. Just reading how they percieve the various divisions will play out can sometimes be amusing and other times make you scratch your head in wonder...

I've pasted part of such a prediction below with the link for the whole article following. If you can find any others, post them here so that we can either laugh or cry...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AFC West
    DEN 13-3
    KC 10-6
    SD 5-11
    OAK 3-13

At the end of last year, I thought that Denver was one big talent WR away from reaching the Super Bowl and I expected them to make a run for TO but they went to Javon Walker instead. And while Javon Walker doesn't have the physical skills of TO, he's enough to make this into a very very good team. Good enough to get the #1 seed in the conference. On offense the Broncos lost a RB... gained a RB... will probably lose that RB next year ... but it doesn't matter, they will still lead the AFC in rushing. With no significant losses in personnel, the Broncos D will be as good as last year, giving up only 16.1 ppg. The only hurdle in the way of the Broncos and another trip to the AFC title game is the tough schedule. Looking outside of their division, other than two easy games against San Francisco and Cleveland, they have to play 5 playoff teams from last year. Lucky for them they get some respite and play the dreadful Raiders twice.

People don't talk a lot about offensive linemen until someone like Willie Roaf retires. Then everyone is worried about the effect it will have on Larry Johnson's fantasy stats and the overall offense of the Kansas City Chiefs. Let's say that the high powered offense of the Chiefs doesn't fall off from last year (a BIG assumption). Now the key to the Chiefs season is their defense. Herm Edwards is first and foremost a defensive guy and he'll do a great job eventually but it's hard to make significant improvements right away to last year's 25th ranked defense even with the addition of first round draft pick Tamba Hali. Remember, in 2001 with the Jets, that defense actually took a step back in Herm's first season. The offense will carry them to a 10-6 record, same as last year and still not good enough for a wild card berth.

Remember last year when the Chargers were the best team in lots of games but somehow failed to pull out the victory. Well, that won't happen this year. Mainly because the Chargers won't be the best team on the field. I think the Chargers will take a huge step back under the leadership of Philip Rivers. As talented as Rivers might be, this is going to be his first signficant stretch of playing time out there. I expect defenses to key in on LT the way they did with Willis McGahee and dare Rivers to beat them with his arm. He isn't ready to do that just yet. In the long run, the Chargers might have made the right decision by choosing Rivers over Brees but for this year, they'll certainly regret it. They'll take solace in beating up the Raiders but they'll regress to 5-11.

Finally the Raiders. The franchise that sends Charley Casserly a gift basket every day for taking Mario Williams because after Casserly's move, the Raiders were only the second most clueless organization in the NFL. With all the buzz surrounding their head coaching search (names like Whisenhunt being tossed around) they settled for Art Shell who then hired some guy working at a bed and breakfast to be their offensive coordinator. Hey Raider Nation, that sounds like a recipe for a turnaround! The only player we feel sorry for is Randy Moss who will waste away his talent suiting up for a team lead by Aaron Brooks. If you told me Aaron Brooks was going to lead my franchise, I'd consider giving Jeff George a call... The only bright spot about being a Raiders fan this year is that you won't have to watch their home games on television.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2006/9/6/23033/40691

2. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    And these guys get paid to do this....

• Like Like x 1
  3. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    well they were almost right lol the raiders will be 3 and 13

4. benji929

benji929 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    From Paul Zimmerman, the senior NFL writer for America's most popular sports magazine, Sports Illustrated:
    At least he got the last sentence right.

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    How wrong are they

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +498
    count me as (happily) wrong, I predicted a 9-7 finish for our Chargers :tdown:

7. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I actually picked 13 and 3 for the chargers but ill be wrong because were going 14 and 2 i bleed blue and gold

8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    At bolttalk.com in late September I took 11-5 and a wild card spot with 2 Wins as a good season. Shame on me. I'm looking forward and hope for a championship game at San Diego. :helm1: