1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 Mission Statement - Tailgaters

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey some special thanks for yesterday are in order:

First, thanks to all who have contributed to the tailgate grub fund and RideTheLightning for making it happen. :tup: Props !!! You rose up LARGE !!!

We should be around $500-$700 in funds collected after yesterdays donations (est.). Anyone showing up who wishes to pitch in, hit up RideTheLightning and do not give me cash. He is coordinating the tailgate funds.

We are trying to work out a deal in exchange for advertising on this site with Kennedy's market (the carne and chicken asada of the gods for the tailgaters). I have talked to Thumper and we have his blessings so our own Anteater will be practicing his art of silver toungued attorney to be devilry on our source of sustinance for the Bolt temple tailgaters. I have already read posts of fans wanting to order carne and chicken asada from Kennedy's from around the United States just to sample the exact same grub we are doing in San Diego. It is kind of cool when you think about eating the same grub your fellow Bolt brothers are chowing down and you can't be there but maybe in some small way you can !!! :abq2:

Maybe it sounds corny :icon_shrug: but I think it has merit.

I swear to god, this stuff is kickass and when you add salsa and some nastyass tortillas, you can not go wrong. :no:

Well, here is a way to live a bit vicariously I figure.

Second, the salsa got RAVE reviews ....... Ms. Trumpy did that one up so it is her recipe. :icon_toast:

Third, props to the new posters who showed up and represented and you old farts as well. I know I am going to forget names but E-Ticket, PowderLove, DeMercado (from the UT), and a whole band of spanish speaking brothers from Mexicali whose names I did not get because I was too busy screaming "que se chingen a su pu-ta madre los Raiders" :lol: with them over and over. :icon_rofl: ...if I forgot anyone oppps !!!

Fourth, Props to ChargerRay for listening to my master plan to conquer the Bolt Universe .... well he knows. :tup:

Fifth, props to me godddamnit :lol: :icon_toast:

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    My stomach is still attempting to recover some of its lining. That was some VICIOUS salsa.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rule12b's girlfriend ... I think she said "holy ****". :lol:

It is not insanely hot but it gets your attention and maybe then some :yes: but not way way bad. Just the right stuff for the taco you made and a beer, **** dude, rolling large. :yes:

The bummer part is we gotta wait 3 weeks to do it again and then after you do another, it is like a drug, you are hooked. :icon_toast:

Your mother will be asking when she see you on TV, "you hang out with those people?" :icon_rofl:

4. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Little did I know at the time she was being prophetic. . .:icon_eek:

Great times! Good to see you all again. It was preseason for my mojitos too. Now I know I need a local to bring a cooler dedicated solely to cocktail ice and a gallon or two of soda water and I'll bring the rest which would have to be at least four bottles of rum, the mint elixir and the limes.

The two botles of rum I brought were dusted in about 40 minutes!

Someday I'll actually taste that carne! But the salsa was freakin' awesome! We can all thank this pretty lady. . .
    [​IMG]

I made this face again later. That is all.:unsure:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Had an awesome time except for tweaking my leg. went to the doc today and it looks like just a bad muscle pull, nothing torn.

As some will recall I injured myself at last season 1st preseason game too and look how well we did last year. I take it as a good omen:abq2: :icon_toast:
    Props to Trump and MrsTrump for the hospitality and the grub. I was awesome getting to see old friends and meet new posters. I'm sorry I wasn't more mobile to be more social.

GO BOLTS:abq1: :flag:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Wow. I think we had more tailgaters who ended up on IR than the Chargers. :lol: Seriously, I hope it gets better.

Tell Ms. Lash again that her cookies were the bomb and props. :tup:

Those cookies rocked. It is so cool when chicks can cook like that and saves us from eating freaking Oreos and twinkies....although I think I have a stash of those somewhere..:lol:

See you at the next meeting of the Bolt heathens. :icon_toast:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Business first. I collected $433 :)lol: someone gave me $3 haha) yesterday for the tailgating fund. Together with what I have left from the previous balance, $31, our total to date is $743. Thank you very, very much to all that have contributed. To see everyone step up like this and pitch in to make the tailgater that much more special, I take my hat off to you, and it's my pleasure to do my part and run down to the IV to get the grub.

Rule12b, I PROMISE, you'll get some grub next time, I'll see to it personally, after those great mojitos, you've earned it dude.

To all NEWBIES @ the tailgate, you gotta jump into the water though when the meat comes off the grill and Shark Week begins, or starve. Rule was busy doing other things (mixing drinks and such) so he missed out on the feeding frenzy.

Second, TT, ou still alive? Holy **** was he plastered.

Third, it was a pleasure once again to put faces to screen names. Now that you now don't miss out.

Forth, the Mexicali dudes were: Eduardo (JustAChargerFan, he's in my sig pic standing on Rexy's right hand side), and his buds Sergio (the dude w/ the goatee) and Edgar (the short one). I spent alot of time talking to those guys since we're all vallay boys, even though I was doing most of the talking. New faces mixed in with the old definately make ever tailgater unique. Can't wait to meet even more of the members here.

8. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    LOL TT was trashed, hope he is feeling good today! No complaints from me on the grub. I'm just looking forward to sinkin' my teeth into next time. It's just hard to pry me away from the bar. . .:icon_party:

9. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Your mojitos rocked my sox.:tup: :icon_party:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Just a reminder kids:

Lack of sleep + lack of food + weed + beer + hot weather = bad idea

I almost put myself on IR before the party even got started. Ask SDRon, I told him I was'nt doing too hot, and I'm sure he could tell. Luckily, all I really needed was to sit down, drink some water and soda and chill out, but it was looking grim for a little while. I was having vision of waking up in a hospital room only to be told about how I missed the game after 7 months of waiting.

I love this ****.

11. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    We had a great time, thank you guys and gals.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

That is a cool little present your wife bought you. Damn. :tup:

That binocular set was stable......I jumped my *** up and down (I have played with a few killing bambi's momma) and it was rock solid.

You need to get a tripod thingy or tell the wife to hold them while you drink beer. :yes:

13. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I am a tripod

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    This is how you learn to be a veteran tailgater. Sounds like a great first practice tailgater. :flag: :flag:

15. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Guys can we get in some ways one of those tent things that we had last year. It would help us who are Gringos out a whole bunch.

Thank you.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You needta stay your *** outta the direct sunlight and drink more fluids other than beer and shooters :yes:

Glad you're back postin!! :tup:

17. Justachargerfan

Justachargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Hey it was nice seeing all you guys again, I think my canopy would be just perfect on the next tailgater...hey sun is ok but a little shade doesn't hurt either, next time I'll bring some killer tortillas from south of the border and see if they are worthy!! :tup:

Hey TurboTurtle are you ok now??? to many mojitos I guess! :icon_party: me I can't drink any because I'm the driver always, which is starting to piss me off, besides I hate going to the bathroom in the middle of the game, I can't miss a single play!!!:icon_shrug:

18. Justachargerfan

Justachargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Don't worry TT, I'll bring one next time!! our paleness shall remain intact!! :icon_rofl: :tup: :abq2:

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :unsure: I learned the hard way . Will not happen again. I look like a big fat ole lobster here. on my arms and face. I even had sun screen on and I still got lobsterized. :unsure:

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    It would be much appreciated if you could do that very thing.

This gringo now looks like a red lobster. I need to keep my blinding pale white looking blinding pale white. :icon_tease: :lol:

21. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks to all for the hospitality, I had a good time. It was cool to meet some of you guys in person. I'll definatly see you guys for the Bears game. This time I'm getting there earlier, so I can try some of the grub, it looked awesome ( I make sure to donate to RTL). The offseason has finally ended!!

22. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Amen to that. I'll bring enough SOCO for you to partake in the shotness.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    How incredibly stupid of me.

Now that the BoltCash system is working, :yes: do not hesitate to donate that virtual BoltCash to my account.

Can you think of anyplace else on the planet where you can get that kind of tailgating **** ? :icon_shrug:

And really how much did it cost you plus you get on TV !!! :abq2:
    Yes TV - Jay Leno, Tailgate watercooler talk (or whatever the hell it was called) - Fox was there, and I scared off Channel 39/7 :icon_rofl: with calls of JIHAD !!!

Effing eh !! Donate that Boltcash to TrumpetMan !!! Start now. Dig a little. Don't hesitate.

It ain't nothing but a "click" so don't be a dick !!!

Show that Boltlove if you have any conscious. :lol: :icon_twisted:

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Or even an conscience.:icon_shrug:

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was going to call it the "little effing voice" :lol:

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This might seem like a silly question but is the Bolt Talk section in the same area as last time?

I didn't see you guys but then again, I got there pretty late. To the point where it would have just been a quick hello before the game.
    It was like five minutes before five. Maybe everyone packed up and left?

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Same area. Everybody headed in around 4:30 if not a little earlier but I stayed behind to help out. I guessed we missed you but yeah same area.

28. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I should have known.....maybe I'll have to challenge you next time.:icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

29. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    Where the hell were you *******s this game? Not in the same spot this year? I was searchin all over the place.

Oh well, i guess its preseason for tailgaters too huh..:bolt:

30. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    OOps didnt see this post. beat me to the punch.