1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by sdrocks, Jan 22, 2007.

1. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Monday North Practice Report

Do any of you guys know that poster from SOSD that attended the Senior Bowl practices last year and posted about it? Someone needs to recruit him for Bolttalk.

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Gotta love what SW says about Beekman at the weigh in

"Built like a fire hydrant."

I am surprised he measured in at 6016 I thought he was more like 6006 or something. Beekman is seriously a rock in the middle and because of his height 'dis'advantage, wins leverage battles easily. Dude is going to play in the NFL for a long time. Hopefully he pulls a McNeill and we can get him at a value spot.

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Horatio Blades is 5'10............ yikes!

4. sdrocks

Ratings:
    +16
    Monday South Practice Report

"..Perhaps the star of the entire day, on either side of the ball, was L.S.U. wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. A physical wideout who presents the quarterback with a big target, Bowe has good hands and displayed excellent concentration. Also impressive was Johnnie Lee Higgins of U.T.E.P., who ran smooth routes, showed great speed and quickness and was terrific when it came to leaping ability and body control.."

I have a feeling Higgins won't be available in the second Round for us. I don't think he'll get past NE in that round.

5. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Bowe size hands will push him up . Johnnie Lee Higgins is a player who should benifit a lot from this week if he demostrates he belongs with his speed he will shoot up the draft board.

At defensive end Tim Crowder of Texas is another player to watch he has real good size and he could move up a lot in this draft. He may be able to play dt in a 4-3 and de in a 3-4 defense.

Kareem Brown DT of Miami is a player to watch for the Bolts , he has not played much in college and is ruff but he is coming on strong . He may be a NT sleeper that the team would like to draft.

Buster Davis of Florida St is having pass coverage issues based on reports which were my concerns about him along with size and speed.

Earl Everett is the lb who will benifit the most here as his speed will stand out and elevate him in this draft class. Ray McDonald is a player to keep a eye on as he may slip into the 3rd round and be of value for us.

6. sdrocks

Ratings:
    +16
    From today's report
    "If Dwayne Bowe hasn't been this squads most impressive player then it might be cornerback David Irons of Auburn, who had his second strong day in a row. Irons was one of the few guys who was able to stay with Bowe in man coverage and has really been a revelation this week."

Ron what do know about Irons?

7. sdrocks

Ratings:
    +16
    They're comparing him to Sinorice Moss. Say he's playing at a totally different speed than the others.

8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I don't have much on him , I did watch the practices and he clearly stood out in the limited reps that he got air time. Senior Bowl always shakes things up with players who jump up the boards it looks like Irons is one of them.

Bowe is living up to my expectations , he clearly runs the best routes on either squad. Dallas Baker ran some nice routes as well .
    Johnnie Lee Higgins showed off some speed but I think that he will need a lot of work on his routes. He takes to long to throttle down and that hurts him when trying to sell any double move involving the sale of a go route.

Aundrae Allison WR is a player making himself a ton of money , he ran decent routes showed good speed and very good hands. The major concern for him from what I have read is his mental ablitys to grasp play books and make reads.

Manuel Ramirez OL 6-4 329 impressed me with his strength , once he locks on he really neutralizes DL. He will be a OG strictly and his speed numbers will be real important but he is a player to watch at OL.

Adam Carriker DE 6-6 290 Nebraska is a player who jumps out at me , he rag dolls OL all of the time. His size ,strength speed and intelligence will make him a very good 1st round pick for some team.
    He would be great imop in a 3-4 as a DE.

Arron Sears OL 6-4 330 Tennessee is a huge talent , word is that he has some mental issues but he has tons of talent. Great size and strenth , works well with his hands.

Tony Ugoh OL 6-5 305 Arkansas stands out because of his build and he has a track back ground. Kiper has him rated on the big board so all of the draft sites and there followers have him as a 1st round pick but he is very raw in pass blocking skills. Any team picking him above the middle of the second round will be making a mistake. No way is he ready to play day one.

He has a ton of potential and as such will be a great mid second or lower selection for a team to develop him.

Jason Hill WR 6-0 210 Washington St impressed me with his hands and routes. I like his size as well. He doesn't have big speed but he will work as a under WR pretty well and he with that size should break some tackles. He may be a good 3rd or 4th round value if he is on the board.

Amobi Okoye DT has some serious quicks , he just is very very quick in his 1sttwo steps and will go in the 1st round. He lacks the bulk at this time to play NT in a 3-4 .

David Patterson DL 6-3 285 is a player who has very little future based on his play at these practices. He was abused several times.

Mansfield Wrotto OL 6-3 315 Georgia Tech is a player who just started to play OL and he has a mean streak he is a player who is not on many folks radar that could in time become a pretty good ROT. He maintained his balance and bent his knees pretty well especially for a 1st year player.

Ben Grubbs OL 6-3 302 Auburn is a player that all of the scouts love , he may work his way into the 1st round which is very hard for a OG TO DO.

30 Aaron Rouse DB 6-4 213 Virginia Tech Great speed and clearly a great talent needs a lot of coaching up. He ran with a WR 30 yds down field stride for stride and never looked to find the ball.( Should play LB)

Jay Moore DE 6-4 275 Nebraska has been very impressive he was not a player a lot of us had heard much about before these practices. He has some greast speed and strenth.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Maybe you should pay attention to MTL's analysis instead of making fun then :icon_shrug:

posted jan 17th part of chargers wish list:

4th Round:
    #30 Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska

It's always "mtl you are a retard" in dec and jan and then in feb mar apr everyone keeps their mouths shut :lol:

PS: Don't forget how many times you went off saying "You will Never get a 1st round for Turner never." Ok just remember :icon_toast:

Oh yeah and on top of that, Patrick Willis is looking great and will be going in the early-mid first just as I said. Aundrae Allison is supposedly not looking very good so I don't know where you're getting your info from. Are you in Mobile because it sounds like you sent Uncle Cletus to go scout for you? Allison will be a late third rounder and may even slip into the first few picks of the 2nd day.

10. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Jay Moore is playing much better than a 4th round . So now some body starts a rumor that the Jets will part with a late 1st and your buying in.....:icon_rofl:

Aundrae Allison was a nobody before the Senior Bowl and based on what I see the kid has skill now the question is " is he dumber than a box of rocks?" Interviews are key in that regard.
    You and everybody who can buy a domain name and list themselves as a draft guru may have that one right.

And what would be the point of that??

:abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382

This is what I'm talking about still no respect :no:

Just remember that if you are going to feed the great people of bolttalk your garbage then be prepared to take a hit. I have a great track record which nobody acknowledges.

PS: Aundrae Allison was not a nobody. Earlier in the year some had him rated as the #1 senior receiver in the draft. Once again you don't know what you're talking about.

Marcus McCauley is looking like crap just like I said too.

12. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Chezz have some fun..... Aundrae Allison number 1 on what list???

McCauley is not looking so hot in any of the off man coverages in particular.

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223

Hey I have been talking trash about the draft since you were pooping yellow....:lol:

Your right we need to show you more love. :yes: .

I am sorry little buddy . :yes:

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Cooney had him #1 and a lot of people were hyping him up a few games into the college season when he and Pinkney were connecting. He also had Alan Zemaitis going in the 1st round last year :icon_rofl:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
  16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Yup AJ and co. just going through the rounds. I wouldn't read too much into the specific players but the position definitely indicates what we may be targeting. I have seen Marten play a lot being a boston college superfan and I think he is a better prospect than Trueblood was. Once he learns how to use positioning he will be a good right tackle. He is too tall to be a guard struggled with leverage in spot time there and would get eaten up inside by squatty NFL defensive tackles. He will definitely make an NFL team and has starting potential down the road. Early-mid 4th kinda guy with the depth in this draft. Moore and Carriker are just two dominant college defensive ends and players from Nebraska, especially linemen, usually have success in the NFL because of the intensity they are trained to play with. They really whip those players up in husker county. Carriker would be an outstanding 3-4 defensive end and while people are talking about Moore as a rush linebacker I just don't see it, he is a 4-3 end, a dequincy scott type who can knife through a line but will struggle early on with the run and be adequate once he has some experience in the nfl. A good guy to have to fill in for your injured starters.

17. sdrocks

Ratings:
    +16
    Chargers Observations

Wednesday
    Jason Hill
    Levi Brown
    Quentin Moses
    Doug Datish

Thursday
    Rhema McKnight