1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2008 Free Agents

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, Oct 2, 2007.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Braves will not resign Andruw Jones.

2. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I read something today, that mentioned the padres may not resign Cameron, which I think is not a good idea, Jones is in the latter part of his career but is a big play maker, would be great to bring him out west but on the other hand I know he had a huge contract so the funds may better spread out for our pads...

Dunno doesn't seem like the Black led squad is too far off from a real shot at a world series and this would be a huge pickup.

:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    I think if we can add andruw jones to our outfield, we could have a nice mix..Someone will be the odd man out so it could be giles. Bradley, Jones and Cameron sounds good.

4. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Even befoe Jones was told he wouldn't be coming back, I was listening to ESPN Radio and they brought up possible places for Jones to go. They brought up the padres and said there was no way Jones was going to agree to play at our park. His numbers were on a decline as it is, so the thought was that he'd want to play in a homer friendly park. This is probably going to be his last crack at a huge contract, so the issue of what park he plays in will have a lot to do with where he signs.

5. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Towers was just interviewed and he stated he was interested in bringing back both Cameron, Milton (depending on the rehab) and Hoffman. He stated Hoffman is still a very consistent guy and that we would not have been in the position to make the playoffs had it not been for him. I don't get it. I love Trev, but his time is over and done.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I don't think Hoffman's time is done, I think he has one more year left in the tank at least

Cameron's going to the Braves for sure

Padres I KNOW FOR SURE are interested in:
    Josh Towers
    Andruw Jones (one year big money deal)
    Mike Piazza
    Kosuke Fukudome

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    As a Braves fan, I hate to see Andruw go. He's a stellar defensive player, just had a down year with the bat. If he's gotta go, I wouldn't mind seeing him re-united with Marcus in SD.

Wait - I have an idea. Get him to switch to football & make him a WR or DB. He catches everything! :icon_tease:

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    How about Andruw Jones signs with the Padres. And we promptly win the world series.