1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2008 New Mexico Bowl/Gartrell Johnson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, May 4, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

...I watched this game during the bowl season and obviously was impressed with Gartrell Johnson. He runs north and south with a one-cut, low pad level style. Sure he gets caught from behind but he's still fast enough to break some long ones. He should help move the chains and if the opponents D is tired, he is going to punish them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Nice find. I like the pick. Now lets see if he can make the team.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    looks good, let's see what he does against the NFL

4. ESCOBAR 92113

ESCOBAR 92113 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    he is gonna make the team...we arent gonna waste that pick and cut him....The real ? is, lets see what he does. I really think this guy was a steal:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    He may not be "fast", but the guy has a burst that gets him through the hole and into the secondary.

Likewise, when he's tackled, it seems like he's always going FORWARD. He runs THROUGH tacklers!

Sure, we haven't seen him against NFL talent yet, but what's not to like about him?

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I think he'll be our new MT. I like us having a bigger back as a change up we use to abuse defenses with.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I didn't see a burst, I saw him get into holes and have a little bit of speed to get past that first line but he was run down from behind regularly. He's a tough runner no question but he's not MT with his speed and he won't outrun NFL defenders

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Dude, as you don't have any rep let me be the first for your kickass signature.

I was there that day all the way on the other side of the field when this happen and it still left my jaw dropped. I think this was one of the greatest single moments in Charger history right there.

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Watch again... Dude was bursting through holes near the line of scrimmage. He was getting "dragged down from behind" FORTY yards downfield!

10. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Everything I have seen about this kid is making me love this pick more and more. He is a great back with speed power and vision.

Dude is going to have an amazing rookie year; between him LT and sproles teams are going to have one hell of a time trying to contain our running game.

I love the passing game that we have developed but if we can get back to pounding the rock moving the chains and killing the clock mark my words its a wrap we will be champs.