1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2008 schedule to be announced April 3rd

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
  2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Is that a little earlier than normal?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

Yes, last year the schedule was to be announced April 7th but was pushed back by a couple of weeks. My memory was that the delay had something to do with Denver protesting thier opening date.

Last year the preseason teams and dates were announced prior to the regular season schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643

leave it to denver to act like a bunch of whining *****es

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, the Donkeys know what time it is. TIME FOR A CHARGER A$$ WHOOPPING! :deadhorse:

7. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    A bit off track here...saw this on PFW.

Agent: Broncos DT Thomas is innocent

Broncos DT Marcus Thomas’ agent, Richard Burnoski, told PFW his client is far more concerned about his future with Denver than he is with what might happen in the courtroom. Thomas was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance early March 1 by police in Orange Park, Fla., and faces a court date later this month, although no charges against him have been filed yet. Thomas was a passenger in Bryce Carter’s truck when officers pulled them over. Burnoski and Thomas’ attorney, Charles Truncale, have said Thomas is innocent and that Carter admitted the drugs belonged to him. Carter played high school football with Thomas. “This kid who was driving the car, he was his high school teammate, it’s not like he was some thug off the street that Marcus was running around with,” said Burnoski, who coached both men in high school. “I would have never suspected this kid would have that in his car. I don’t think (Thomas) was surrounding himself with bad people, knowingly. If Marcus had any idea, he wouldn’t have gotten in that car.” Burnoski said Thomas took a drug test in Jacksonville after the incident and “came up clean for everything.” The results were sent to the Broncos. In college at Florida, Thomas was kicked off the 2006 team after he tested positive for marijuana multiple times. “It seems like he just needs to stay in Denver, stay away from Florida, that’s what we talked about,” Burnoski said he told Thomas. “Stay in Denver, go to work everyday and bring your family out there to come visit you. It seems like when you’re down here in Florida bad things happen to you.” :icon_rofl:

I got to get myself an "agent" and then take up hard core drugs, pretty certain I too will be declared innocent shortly thereafter.

Stan :rivers17:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Hee Haw, Hee Haw, lousy whining Jacka$$es :icon_cry:

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn, I do hate the Jackasses & their biotch coach Shanarat!! :yes:

Looking forward to the schedule release so I can make some travel plans. :tup:

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Yep. Be sure to let everybody know if and when you'll be coming to SD Buck. :tup:

Can't wait to see who the home opener is. :icon_party:

11. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    My vote is for the Pats on Sunday night.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Make it videocam night. Everyone bring a fake vid cam .....

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    For the first time I started watching the AFC Championship last night. I'm only through the first quarter and we kicked their asses up to that point. Had we been healthy we would have beat those guys and mark my word we're going to pound them at home this year. :yes:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh, hell yeah - I'll be giving a BIG shout out for that!! :lol:

Hope the opener is the Pats. :icon_twisted:

15. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I've been hoping that we get to wait a few weeks before playing the Pats.

With all the injuries we have, I'm afraid of another slow start, either with Rivers's accuracy/decision-making, or Gates's toe still keeping him from being able to seperate. Also, I'd like a few weeks to observe the Patriots and see how they play this year as opposed to last year.

If we play them straight-off on Week 1 or 2 like last year, I'm afraid of another repeat, with the humiliation being at home this time.