1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Draft Schedule

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 22, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I have to say that I am opposed to this new draft schedule.

2010 NFL DRAFT
    Rd. 1: Thurs., April 22, 7:30 p.m. ET
    Rd. 2-3: Fri., April 23, 6:30 p.m. ET
    Rd. 4-7: Sat., April 24, 10 a.m. ET
    Radio City Music Hall, New York

I normally treat the draft as a holiday with food :popcorn:and drink :icon_party:in front of the TV for the weekend . Roger Goodell has totally taken the vibe out of the draft by trying to make it a "mainstream" thing.:tdown:

2. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings:
    +163
    I agree. I used to keep the tube on during the day on Sat and Sun and watch over the draft... I liked hearing all the speculation on who might draft who and seeing the highlight reels for the drafted players. Now it seems like they are trying to turn it into prime time viewing or something. Who wants to spent their Thursday night (hey that's bolt talk night!) and Friday night watching the draft??? I'm still okay with Saturday.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    i hope after this year they'll move it back to being a weekend celebration. I was very happy with how it turned out last year with the first two rounds on sat and the rest on sunday. Was very enjoyable. This is just too broken down.

That and I do have hope that one of these days the draft will come to SAn Diego :yes:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    I won't be able to watch it now thanks to this new schedule.

I'll be at work.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Yep, there goes my annual Saturday Draft Day Party.

Putting rnd 1 on Thurs night is ****ing lame. If you're gonna break it up like this into 3 days put round 1 ON FRIDAY.

For all the good Roger Goodell has done, man he sure has made some ****ing stupid decisions as well. This is one of those times.

6. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I agree. Friday night would have been ok. Then, you go to bed, get up Saturday, and have rounds 2-3-4 on Saturday, and 5-6-7 on Sunday.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    No carne asada tacos and beer with you?
    :no::crying::crying:

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Friday would still suck for me, but considering most people don't work 3:30-11:30 pm I can see that making much more sense on a general basis.

9. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I love the draft. I didn't really appreciate the draft until two guys I played with were drafted -Jacob Rogers and Keary Colbert- and even though they were athletic FREAKS in high school, they couldn't make it in the NFL.

After I compare myself to them, and then them to elite NFL players, it's humbling to say the least. You really have to be top dog to make it in the NFL. Just look up Darren Sproles' bench press numbers.:icon_eek: It's unbelievable that a guy that small can lift so much.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thank goodness for DVR's. :yes:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Nope. I'm not gonna take the Thurs night off to watch 1 round of the draft. I used to take Friday night off so I could sleep and get up early on Sat for the whole thing, so moving rnd 1 to Fri wouldnt stop me from having a party. Now, it's done.

FU Roger Goodell

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think this schedule sucks. Saturday morning, up for breakfast with a bloody mary or two or three and then pop some bubbly for the draft. Sunday morning, rinse, repeat, dry. I really hate this schedule. I hate too much hype, anyway, and this is only going to magnify all the horse manure they shovel at you.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    It sucks for especially for west coasters, since that's 4:30, I doubt I'll be home by then so I'm going to miss a good portion of the 1st round. Then rd 2-3 starts even earlier so I'll probably miss a good portion of the 2nd round as well.

At least if it was fri, sat, sun all I'd miss is a bit of the 1st, that wouldn't have been so bad.

But the bottom line is the ratings, will this be better for the networks (ESPN/NFL Network) if it's a yes then it's a success. If not then it isn't.

Better ratings = more $$$

14. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Don't forget - 9pm Eastern time on Friday. That way everyone can watch the draft.

15. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings:
    +163
    yeah that would work for me.