1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Opponents and extremely early predictions...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jan 2, 2011.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    We're a so-so road team in 2010.

Last year the Chargers were 7-1 on the road.

This is why I think this thread is kind of pointless at this juncture. We have no way of knowing how any of these teams are going to be next year. Furthermore, we also don't even know when the games are going to be scheduled. My prediction for the Bears game might be different if it's scheduled for September or late December, for instance.

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    This is not the 2009 13-3 team. We are currently a so-so road team.

3. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    How many times have we beaten the Pats since 2006 with Rivers? Once with Matt Cassel at QB in San Diego. Pats are TOUGH at home. Best chance is to get them early in the season, but then again we suck early in the season, so I just don't see us winning that one. And I don't see any reason this young Pats team slowing down next season barring injury to Brady.

AP will trample us?? He's not overpowering a whole lot of teams right now, let alone a team that was a top 3 in run defense. Can it be done? Yeah, the raiders proved that this year, but he can run for 150 yards and it won't matter they have ZERO offense. Minny will be worse next season. Easy win at home, unless they get a QB for the offense, and have healthy WR's next season.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    And we are not talking about playing Chicago, or Detroit on the road. We are talking about playing the Pats who have won like 26 or so straight home games in the regular season, and are clearly one of the top 3, if not the top team in the league right now. Do you see them sucking next season??? I don't. Even with Cassel they were 11-5 that year.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Next year is not the 2010 team either, that's my point.

The year before the 13-3 team we went 8-8.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I hardly think New England is going to be a walk over.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Our W/L record is not great against them but we are way past due finish the job. Its always some hors*it that gets in our way.....like McCree's play, Rivers tearing his ACL, or retarded fumbles.....and despte all that its a nailbiter until the 4th every time.

I don't care what AP is doing at the moment, the dude is a freak and we havn't been able to handle big backs. IE: Steven Jackson, Michael Bush x2, Arian Foster, Cedric Benson, and even Anthony Dixon was averaging 6ypc and ready to steamroll us before the game got out of hand.

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    SOOOO true. IF it wasn't for special teams f*ck ups and extreme injury problems we could have easily won the pats game.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +234
    Swept by the raiders again. 1-1 against the chiefs and broncos. Beat a few great teams(that makes us look like a elite team) lose to teams we shouldn't( ala 2010). 10-6 as a wild card in the playoffs. Beat the first team and get blown out the following week. Norv gets a 5 year extension. Believe.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    So why indicate we are a great road team going 7-1 on the road?

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Cheesheads coming to town. I remember the last time. Damn place was 50% cheese.

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    yeah it'll be tough - but Bolts will take 12-4, after a 4-1 start but 1-1 in playoffs. Turner gets fired either.

13. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    ALL!