1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 Broncos are the 2009 Chargers...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by counterpoint, Jan 13, 2013.

1. counterpoint

counterpoint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I shouldn't rejoice too much in their defeat, but it does feel good.

I'm sure others have observed this, but:

2009 Chargers: Start 2-3, winners of 11 straight. End 13-3. Lose to inferior team in first playoff game (Jets)

2012 Broncos: Start 2-3, winners of 11 straight. End 13-3. Lose to inferior team in first playoff game (Baltimore)

That being said, Broncos appear to have tried more against the Ravens than SD did against the Jets...

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Lets just hope that they collapse the next 3 years like the Chargers did from 2010-2012

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291
    I thought the same thing, although the Ravens are a way better team than the Jets were. I think Denver was very overrated this season and don't think they should've been as favored as they were. Baltimore is obviously a very good team with lots of veterans and playoff experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    I'll say it...Peyton Manning is overrated.

Great numbers guy, great regular season guy, sure fire Hall of Famer, funny on Saturday Night Live. But he's now 9-11 in the playoffs, 1-1 in Super Bowls (the one loss was largely his fault). He spent most of his career in weak divisions that didn't do much to slow his march to the playoffs. But he's not even the best QB of his era, let alone being the greatest QB of all time (which a lot of people like to claim). Most worshipped by the media? Yeah, he has that title.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    A Super Bowl is being played?

Peyton's Place:
    Super Bowl Peyton Place.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    The tears of Bronco fans are like fine wine

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Anyone know Peyton Manning's address in Denver? Let's call the local papa johns and have 100 pizzas delivered COD.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I'm not going to puff my chest out too much over the Broncos' loss yesterday (they still made the playoffs, we didn't). But... one thing I think was demonstratively evident in yesterday's game was that Peyton's arm strength isn't what it used to be (especially as the game progressed into the 4th Q and OT). Despite the fact that Dierdorff was a constant apologist and in some cases flat out lying (or delusional), it was obvious that the zip just wasn't there like it used to be. Now, ironically this is a critique many have had of Rivers of late (I would contend Rivers never really had "great" arm strength to begin with; he had good/functional arm strength, but his gorgeous deep ball of old was far more a product of fantastic touch than brute strength), and that critique may be justified.

And granted, this is still Peyton Manning who has the football mind to work around his own shortcomings if he realizes them and accepts them. But this is a beatable Peyton Manning. And, as I tried telling so many Broncos fans prior to the game yesterday, Playoffs Peyton is still Playoffs Peyton and you simply cannot bank on the same Peyton from the regular season showing up in a playoff game. He's just not simply as automatic in playoff games as guys like Montana and Warner were.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Hahaha! I sent essentially the same thing via text msg to mi Madre after the game.

Suck it donkey fans! You make Raider fans look classy :p

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,379
    He's good, but he's no Tom Brady. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
  12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    To be fair, it was cold as F*** and i believe it was the 1st game of the year that he wore a glove on his throwing hand.

With that said, I agree, he is not the same guy. But he is still one of the 4-5 best in the NFL

13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Nope. They said at the outset of the game that he'd been wearing the glove for the past couple weeks.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +209
    The Broncos played to two overtimes and just came up short. We on the otherhand had no business losing to the Jets. I still can't believe Norv didn't go for that 4th and short after Gates made that catch.

Peyton was a Factor all game. Phillip was not.

Hillman and Moreno both were doing good. L.T and Sproles if I remember were gobbled up by the Jets D.

Strokley and that other Denver WR actually were doing fine in the game. While Jackson did have a 100 yard game(which he never really got much credit for seeing as how it was on Revis) he had meltdown kicking that challenge flag.

Both coaches did go conservative though. Except Norv never had any clue what was hitting him the entire game.

Still it's happy to see the Broncos here with all the other AFC West teams watching the playoffs.

15. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    For as much praise as many media analysts almost trip over each other to heap on Peyton....just think if the Super Bowl he won wasn't gifted from the Chargers choke job if these guys would be slobbering over him...I think the tune would be different....

16. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,379
    Peyton has never won a game outdoors when the temperature dipped below 40 degrees....... hardly a playoff ready QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Oh, ok. I was listening to thel ocal radio here and they used that as an excuse, an I figured they watched him more than I did.

Either way, it was cold as hell, colder than any other game he has played in this year.

18. VenomSyndrome

VenomSyndrome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Tebow won his first denver playoff game!

• Like Like x 1
  19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I really enjoyed the game, what a battle. The end was the best though!.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +291
    I had to turn off the volume for a few of his knob slobbing rants; it was that bad.

21. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291
    Why does that doofus still have a job? I remember one specific comment "IF Denvers defence has an Achilles heel its SOMETIMES they have trouble defending tight ends" like **** off, he couldn't wait to take the whole team behinda high school gym like a 16 year old cheerleader.