1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Buck Melanoma, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    NFL Network schedule ....

Thursday, February 23
    2:30 PM – Around the League: 2012 NFL Scouting Combine Press Conferences
    7:00 PM – NFL Total Access: 2012 NFL Scouting Combine
    Friday, February 24
    2:30 PM – Around the League: 2012 NFL Scouting Combine Press Conferences
    Saturday, February 25
    9:00 AM – Workouts: Kickers, Offensive Linemen, Tight Ends – LIVE
    (Encores with cut-down versions at 8:00 PM & 12 Midnight)
    (Encores at 11:00 PM)
    STARTING AT 9:00 AM – NFL.com LIVE: Complete, all-access coverage of two groups
    ALL DAY – NFL.com: Exclusive daily video clips available
    Sunday, February 26
    9:00 AM – Workouts: Running Backs, Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers – LIVE
    STARTING AT 9:00 AM – NFL.com LIVE: Complete, all-access coverage of group workouts
    Monday, February 27
    9:00 AM – Workouts: Linebackers, Defensive Linemen – LIVE
    STARTING AT 9:00 AM – NFL.com LIVE: Complete, all-access coverage of group workouts
    Tuesday, February 28
    9:00 AM – Workouts: Defensive Backs – LIVE

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Yippie skippy! Damn I wish I'd have said that more masculine.

At any rate, Buck... you should make use of that FF account and come help out the Chargers staff with your surly opinions for the site-wide mock off-season (and draft) going on right now.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Surly opinions?!?!? Tongue-in-cheek, I assure you. ;)

I'll drop by.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    7 days. woot

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Despite minor turnout. Bitchy Pats fans (surprise, surprise!), even bitchier Steelers fans (they keep rollin' in!), one particularly bitchy Chiefs GM (I'm sure your jaw is on the floor... :roflmao:) , and me getting thrust into a facilitator position for the whole thing that I was hoping to NOT have to take this year... our motley little Chargers staff hasn't done half bad for ourselves.

- Released McNeill, but resigned Gaither for less money on a deal that let's us out after 3 years if we want.
    - Re-signed Hardwick on a 2012-friendly deal that gives him incentive to keep playing for two more years past that but doesn't harm the cap anything heinous if he does claim his "retirement" bonus in 2013 or 2014.
    - Damn near swung a trade for Cliff Avril (tag and trade... yeah... I want those gone from this freaking mock... like now!) till the Lions backed out
    - And we're at the very least sitting on a fair amount of cap to make a run at VJ (though we will likely ultimately lose him when some team with an absurd amount of cap space throws a future-irresponsible contract at him), but we may yet be able to compensate by landing Steve Smith from the Panthers on a inexpensive deal.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cotchery is supposedly headed to FA. Any chance of making a run at him? Wouldn't mind seeing a re-run of that old NC State magic.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Well I would put this in the 2012 Free Agents thread, but I dont think we have started one?? In any case reading about Oakland purging contracts from their bloated cap, did a quick google for 2012 free agents by team. NOW I know where this is from, I never realy credit or quote what I see on BR to win an argument or anything. BUT looking at the cap numbers of the 32 teams, KC and DEN got 60 and 50+ to spend repectivly.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-6-teams-guaranteed-to-overpay-players/page/2

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Feb. 15, 2012 7:25 p.m. - by Eric Gilmore - Raiders UFAs: Stay or go? -- RB Cartwright
    RB Rock Cartwright has been a special-teams ace and a team captain since coming to the Raiders from Washington as a free agent two seasons ago. His leadership and special teams skill alone make him a valuable asset, but he can fill in at either running back or fullback in a pinch. Verdict: Stay. Raiders RapidReports

Damn Rock! I thought youd be retired by now, a well spent commodity. I guess theres still a fire in that stove.