1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012; Your SoCal Chargers... maybe...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    We've already had this discussion.

The fact remains, even if I felt tied to the team playing in San Diego as much as you do I still wouldn't mind paying the money for the tickets until they are officially no longer in town.

But what do I know? I wasn't born in San Diego so I am not qualified to have an opinion on this matter.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Please show me one fan who meets ALL the prequisites and who suspects the team is leaving and does not mind paying full boat to the end.

Please.

On any Chargers forum.

I want to meet this person and listen as to why they are not angry. Seriously.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He is making a BOLD statement the locals will not support a LA team.

It is OBVIOUS or should be but then again, we had this discussion as well.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    :popcorn:

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :tup:

6. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152

Hes not wrong. LA fans have shown they wont support a football team and already lost a few of them because it. And i know alot SD charger fans that will NOT support the LOS ANGELES Chargers, myself included

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    So I can do the When or If the Chargers move to LA I can be ready/prepared to root for the Patriots. I am right now a fan of the San Diego Chargers and will support them until the when or If they become the Los Angeles Chargers.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    And they made you a Mod of a Charger website?

9. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Damn man, i wish i had a backup team, but cant think of one. Im from detroit, and love calvin johnson, but i hate that city almost as much as i hate LA. I think if they move, ill try to be a cards fan since Larry Fitz is my favorite non-charger, and ive always been a beanie wells fan. Plus the drive there isnt to bad if i want to watch a game in person. I think i will also be a eagles fan because of their amazing young offensive talent (Shady McCoy, Desean, Maclin, Celek)

Im still holding out hope that it doesnt come to down to that

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I find it highly hypocritical when others presume to be part of something when they are clearly not.

A Los Angeles birth is a tragedy and I can see where you would want to be accepted as a main stream local fan now. You may get your wish sooner than you think.
    Relax.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I fully support TurboTurtle.

Some will try to tear him down and not call him a real fan and he is clutching playoff tickets and will root his as.soff until the very end.

I hope the Chargers see his powerful message as a MOD for whatever it is worth. If the Chargers leave, he is gone.

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    For a long while Bolttalk had the Poster (LT Teh Ghost) as a MOD and he is a Dolphins fan. So it is no different to have a Patriots fan as a MOD of a Chargers Website.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    I was moved to San Diego as an infant, I know it as my home and it will always be my home. I've been in North kackalaky going on 12 years but I still love and miss San Diego, it is my home. My parent's are buried there and if I ever move it will be back to the place in my heart San Diego. I will hate to lose the San Diego Charger's, I will not hate them but I will not spend the time nor money that I have in the past on them either. They are the first pro team I knew about and I will never forget some of the great teams and players of the past. Bambi, Fout's, Joiner, Gilman and Coryell will forever be San Diego Charger's for that I am grateful.

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I was thinking long and hard about if the Chargers leave San Diego to say Screw the NFL and not root for any team what so ever but I could not. I then went down the list of the Franchises that I actually like from the top down and the New England Patriots fit. That is why I will root for the New England Patriots.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ahhh man ... I respect any decision you make but a few of the fans who have moved away have found the room to root for an LA team from my reads. If you can find the leeway to support the team - try and continue the quest. I am not trying to get posters for the bonfire. I hope no one shows up actually but I my bones have been telling me after Alex did not offer to pay for the Qualcomm land, the dude was BS'ing us all.

Oh well when the team leaves:

FOUTS IS GOD is gone
    H8ter is gone
    TurboTurtle is gone
    TrumpetMan is gone
    Wrbanwal is gone (that old dude has been mentally gone for a while now) :)

Who else ?

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    I love the sport because of the Charger's, they have always been my favorite team. I won't be able to say that if they move to smell a. If I had to choose a new team it would be the Stiller's as they like to beat up on the Raidud's and heck watching the LA Bolt's get their arse kicked by them might be just right. I don't know though, I'd still feel for the past.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    SDRAIDERH8R doesn't seem to mind.

He can feel free to step in and correct me if I'm wrong, though. I'm only basing that off the fact that my back-and-forth with you in this thread stemmed from you questioning him why he's still paying for tickets.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    You call it a bold statement. I call it bandwagoning while San Diego still has a team.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    It takes 2 seconds to change your avatar.

Why can't you just change it once it becomes official?....if it becomes official.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    If the Chargers move and if they strip their image with a name change I'm on the Saints bandwagon.

(I already had that in mind before they won the Super Bowl)

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He refuses to answer the question I have asked repeatedly so I have to assume he either is not reading the threads or does not care to respond. I think it is a valid question. His answer should prove interesting if he choses to respond with something thought out.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I am a part of the Chargers fan base.

I have never claimed to be a native San Dieagan even though I've lived there for half my life.

I only claim that I don't have to be a native San Diegan to understand that the native San Diegans have a little brother complex with LA.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    He's still going to games, right?

(I honestly don't know)

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I know TT is a real fan. I've tailgated with him enough to know.

I just think it's weak to sport another team's avatar.

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I will take the Label of a band wagoner all day long. I do not mind. I am now band wagon fan of the San Diego Chargers turbo_turtle.

As I have said I am still a fan of the San Diego Chargers until they leave then I an definitely gone a well. If they stay then I will definitely still be a fan of the San Diego Chargers.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    How is he a bandwaggoner with season tickets and playoff tickets paid for and him rooting his as.s off in the stadium until he is horse from screaming ? Not to mention all of the F'n hardware he is lugging around because of an Iraqi RPG ripping his as.s. apart. The guy attends in F'N PAIN and I suspect the pain of him sporting a Patriots avatar as a message pales in comparison.

The dude is sending a clear message he is a warrior and the warrior has drawn a line in the sand.

That takes huge nuts.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    As I said in a later response, I know you well enough to not pretend you're not a real fan.

I just think it's weak to switch to the avatar already when nothing's official either way.

But that's just my opinion on the matter. I won't push the matter because I'm not trying to pretend to tell you about what you can and cannot do with your avatar.

28. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am still going to the Games with my Ticket in hand and will be their this Sunday against the Chiefs. I will even be their if the Chargers go to the Playoffs and play a game at the Q.

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Poor choice of wording on my part. I should have said it makes him appear like he's a bandwagoner.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I was talking about H8R.

But, here you go Trumpy. Does TT qualify enough for you?

That makes 2 if H8R's still going to games.

(You are native San Diego, right TT?)