1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012; Your SoCal Chargers... maybe...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Well then let me step up for you!

TT is not real. He is artificial and full of MSG. Comes from being made from a can of condensed soup instead of being made from natural ingredients...

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ok - that I will accept but not agree with at all.

TT's message is POWERFUL

Very Martyr like !!!

It could have been worse - he could have picked the RAIDERS !!!!

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I figured he was just made of silicone.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    These are some crazy times in Charger's football right now. I love the sport just as I do NASCAR, I'll still view the games but I can't say the Bolt's in LA would be my favorite.

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    There is this and I will take being weak. I do not mind what so ever.

Yes I am Definitely a Native of San Diego.

I am LMAO so much that it is hurting Ouchie!!!!!

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    turbo_turtle

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    F' that I hate the Raiders so much that I would never become a Raider Fan. Oh Hell no!!!!!

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    If they stay the San Diego Chargers I am willing to pay Full Boat for Tickets. Yeppers in spades. :)

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ok the little brother complex which is integral to the locals runs deep. If you truly understand and yes you do not have to live here to understand the concept of little brother syndrome but now add racial discrimination. Everyone in San Diego is a brown man filthy mexican lazy POS surf twinkie azzwipe and "YOU" white trailer park trash people kill me.

Do that for decades and FUK LA.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Leo - The guy is angry enough he changed his avatar. C'mon man....

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Given the Mexican population of LA that makes absolutely no sense.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You asked me to name someone who doesn't mind attending games to the very end and I named you somebody. :icon_shrug:

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    And there you go, Tony.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I guess you did not live here long enough to get the vibe so of course it makes no sense but there you have it.

Maybe if you were of darker tan and snide comments placed in your direction during your stay as a local born proud San Diegan might make a difference ? What do you think ? And if you were lilly as.s white you were trailer park dope smoking surf hugging POS.

Now live it and you tell me being objective. Submerse yourself in it deeply.

You have to live in a concentration camp and eat the worms to know the horror.......the horror......the horror ........

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The guy is ANGRY !!! He is not happy.

Show me a native who is happy paying full boat to the end knowing the team is leaving to LA ?

Dude is not happy.

I still wait for this mystery fan !

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    My mom was half Mexican making me part Mexican, so don't assume **** when you don't know the whole story.

As for the subject matter at hand, you're grouping a population of almost 10 million people into one category of racist bigots. Grouping a large number of people into one set of characteristics is the exact type of behavior that racists partake in and what you were complaining about in the post I quoted.

Furthermore, I don't have to have been born and raised in San Diego to know that it makes no sense to presume everyone (or even almost everyone) from LA is racist against Mexicans when 48% of their population is Hispanic or Latino.

Don't believe me, check the census bureau

Los Angeles County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You asked me to name you one fan who is native of San Diego and suspects the team is still leaving but doesn't mind attending games until the very end.

I named you somebody.

What more do you want?

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You could be from Mars (there is only one race) so I ran the gamut from being more brown to being more white.

If you lived here then you were INSULATED, otherwise; you would be sensitized to what the locals are talking about and would understand implicitly 100%.

What does that tell you ?

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Somebody happy to pay full boat to the end who will have no regrets they were robbed or lied to as the team is exiting and willing to support an LA team and who was born here and living here. (my grammar is sucking on the 3rd beer here so hang on)

I hate the internet because it takes a while to get out WTF someone means in text.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Not at all. Just because I hear stuff and live around it doesn't mean I throw my intelligence out the window.

There are almost 10 MILLION people living in the Los Angeles area.

It's stupid to presume that TEN MILLION people all act the same way and share the same attitudes, behaviors, and prejudices.

It's even more dumb to presume that TEN MILLION people are prejudice bigots against Mexican-Americans when roughly 4.8 million of them are of Hispanic or Latino descent.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I doubt you'll find anybody who's happy the team is possibly leaving.

Even someone like me who'll still be a fan of the LA Chargers wants them to stay in San Diego because I love that city so much and I like the people I tailgate with there.

What you're (now) asking for is an impossibility and has nothing to do with what I was stating earlier in the thread about how I wouldn't mind paying for the product until the very end even if I was as attached to the city as you are.

I'd still be angry that they left afterwords, and I'd still be angry about the ongoing rumors as they persist much like TT is, but I'd have no regrets about paying for the product while it was still there.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Leo - some of the most racist people on the face of the earth are Mexicans against their own different cultures who were tribal in nature (Indian). State versus state. You are trying to rationalize using statistics and logic like you try to do to support your position. Dude - wake up man. You see demographic pie charts and fail to see the deeper meaning or the bigger picture.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If you can't understand the concept of why it's dumb to group over 10 million people into one categorization then there's nothing more that I can say.

That's exactly what racism does. If someone's racist against black people he or she groups all black people into one categorization of traits based only on the color of their skin.

Well, here you are grouping over 10 MILLION people into one categorization of traits based only on the city in which they live.

The only thing that prevents what you've posted in this thread from being racist is that "Angeleno" (the demonym for Los Angeles citizens) is not a race.

Racists are prejudice against races, you're apparently prejudice against citizens of LA.

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The difference is "I see it coming". The difference is that I was born here. The difference is that although I attended games for a bazillion years, I understand the LA vs. SD thing and do not replace it with sibling rivalry as a salve comparison or what it is like to be BLACK when I am WHITE.

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    BINGO !!!!

EVERYTHING LA sucks as.s and this is why the LBC's of the world post hate posts about not giving a fuc what I think about yada yada yada ad el barfo. Fuc them too.

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    So how do you explain Turbo Turtle still giving Spanos his money?

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Well, at least you're upfront and honest about it.

I'll out myself now. I was born in Long Beach.

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Good effing question......damn good question LEO.

TT is not as convinced as me YET that he is being SCREWED. He has faith and is loyal like a dog to the end. I respect that in a fan. Really. One of my best friends does not care the team is leaving but will pay to the end and not go to LA. You met him and his daughters yet he has a line he will not cross because he was born here and understands that everything LA just sucks.

Hey man TT is pissed for a reason, He smells something and is giving people a very preliminary finger to say "fuc with me and I will fuc with you"

That takes HUGE NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    So that makes at least two fans that we know of that are willing to pay until the very end, yet you're in here questioning me saying I just don't "get it" when I say I'd do the same thing under the same circumstances?

Nowhere did I say I wouldn't be pissed about the possibility, I've just said I'd be different from you in that I wouldn't deprive myself of going to the games while they're still here.

And apparently TT agrees as does your buddy. (I'm assuming you're talking about the dude who's daughters were taking the bets on the game's score all the time?)

30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Then you know that San Onofre or San Clemente is the cut-off point for not only "regional" fandom but the Mediterranean climate only found in one other part of the world which most everyone clamors about.

LA has been jealous of our climate let alone our culture so Fuk LA again.