1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2013 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Well Reid Fragel is still out there..

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    So is Xavier Nixon and the kid from Azusa Pacific

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Now we know Telescopes drafting style. MPD.
    I wonder if there was any influence from baby Spanos.

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Quessenberry was the perfect developmental prospect

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,777
    In Telesco we trust?:unsure:

Gotta be honest here, I think we got 3 guys who will be starters by 2014 if not this year. That said we can't rush the passer and we can't protect our own...2013 is going to be a losing season.

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Xavier Nixon will be a ROT..

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Chargers on the clock

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Chris Faulk or Chase Thomas

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672
  10. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Telescopo really doesn't spend much time on the clock does he. I think we've taken less than a combined minute to get out picks in this entire draft.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,777
    I'd take Cornelius Washington too..

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Tourek Williams DE Florida International

13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    God help us.

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,777
    Meh.:(

If we had a do over I'd take Quanterus Smith and Jordan Poyer over Williams and Williams.

15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Evidently Telesco loves T-Rex pass-rushers as much as AJ did. Or maybe that's just Pagano.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Overall Football Traits
    Production 2 2009: (12/1)  28-4.5-1 2010: (13/13)  46-13.5-62011: (13/13)  32-13-4.5 2012: (12/12)  46-14.5-6.5 Career: 7 PBU-2 FF- 2 blocked kicks
    Height-Weight-Speed 4 Below average height and length combination (32.4). Adequate bulk and put together well. Top-end speed is adequate but not ideal. Hand size is slightly below average (9.4).
    Durability 1 Has proven very durable and will play through minor injuries. Appeared in all 50 career games including 38 consecutive starts in his final three seasons. Has suffered no significant injuries that we are currently aware of.
    Intangibles 2 Well respected by coaches and teammates. Selected as a team captain as a senior. Strong work ethic. No red flags we are currently aware of.

1 = EXCEPTIONAL2 = ABOVE AVERAGE3 = AVERAGE4 = BELOW AVERAGE5 = MARGINAL
    Defensive End Specific Traits
    Pass Rush Skills 3 Snap anticipation and first step explosiveness is average. Will struggle to gain the edge with pure speed at the next level. Can come off lower pad level at times. However, appears to have heavy and active hands. Flashes explosive power. When coming off with leverage shows ability to convert speed-to-power and rock tackles back on heels. Not an overly flexible athlete. But can work the half man and flashes ability to dip insider shoulder and work through contact to turn the corner. Flashes a good variety of pass rushing moves including an inside swim and spin move for a change up. Displays active hands as a counter puncher but still needs some developing in this area. Closing burst is average.
    Versus the run 3 Shows a quick first step and can expose gaps when asked to slant. Possesses a strong core and a heavy initial punch to set the edge when playing with leverage. However, pad level can rise upon contact at times and he can lose his power source. Can get better initial hand placement. However, he is an above-average hand fighter and shows ability to discard blocks and redirect to make tackle. Will occasionally dip head upon contact and can lose site of the ball and sacrifice gap integrity a times. Needs to play with eyes more at times. Works to keep outside shoulder free when having edge responsibility. Shows adequate range working down the line of scrimmage. Reliable tackler in space and shows a strong wrap.
    Versatility 4 Best fit appears to be at LDE for a base 4-3 team. Has experience playing in a two-point stance. However, if asked to convert to a 3-4 OLB he will need to be a heavy edge rusher and teams will need to protect him in coverage. Doesn't appear to have the size or anchor to hold up as a 5-technique for a base 34 front.
    Instincts/Motor 1 Tough and plays with a consistent motor. Has some junk-yard dog qualities to his game. He's not always pretty but he scraps and gets the job done. Plays with an edge and does not back down. Constantly seen chasing during film study.

17. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Chase Thomas, Michael Buchanan, Cornelius Washington all on the board and we select WHO?! Tourek Williams..

18. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Great measurables, but wouldn't touch him. None of those measurables show up on the field.

19. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    How many years are we going to have to put up with this guy?

20. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    God Bless America............ and the Chargers

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,777
    Chase Thomas is not my favorite prospect, but I was absolutely sure he'd be gone by now.

22. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I wonder who is making these picks?

23. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey AntEater are those numbers your pulling from ESPN Insider? Nice of you to share it. Just noticed.

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Tourek Williams... such a great pick ESPN's analysts glaze over him and completely contradict their own scouting report in doing so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,777
    It's the first pick I've actually hated.

Steve Williams....at least that dude can contribute in a couple years, but Tourek Williams is a below average athlete, who played in a small conference and did not dominate. He's just body to put out there when someone needs a rest, and if we had any other options at OLB I wouldn't count on him making the PS.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Chargers selected Florida International DE Tourek Williams with the No. 179 overall pick.
    Williams (6-2, 260) paced Florida International in tackles for loss (14.5) and sacks (6.5) as a senior. He's the best pass rusher to emerge from FIU since Antwan Barnes. Williams has explosiveness off the snap, but is often engulfed by blockers due to short arms (32 1/2"). He projects as a situational nickel end and special teamer for the Bolts.

27. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I'd have to say my favorite pick in the draft was Keenan Allen

28. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Evidently Telesco and McCoy think more highly of the guys on our roster than we do - or the rest of the league does. Either that or they want to be memorable for landing the #2 pick in next years draft and having to pass on once-in-a-lifetime pass-rush prospect Clowney for the #2 QB (Johnny "Ryan Leaf 2.0" Manziel).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Dude would have been a UDFA.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Is The U still open?

(I heard a rumor that it was shuttered in '02)

My U iz gone.png