1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2013 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 25, 2013.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Maybe Telescope is just a puppet for baby Spanos after all?

2. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    And again........ No beef.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I blame Obama

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Sorenson has Whisenhunt written all over him. He's a John Skelton clone... and I don't consider that a good thing.

And once again, Jeromey Clary gets protected more than golden-parachuted Goldman-Sachs CEO's taking the fall. We couldn't POSSIBLY draft another OL because that would mean there'd be one more guy to potentially keep Clary from "earning" a spot on the roster as a guard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    To be honest, I almost hope Cam Thomas injures his knee in camp just so Telescopo sees how moronic it is to not invest in the defensive trench AT ALL.

7. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +316
    [​IMG]

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Da'Rick Rogers is still out there........

Think that might have Patriots written all over it.........

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    That was actually an enjoyable draft weekend. The results just weren't that good.

10. two1

two1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I'M no GM or coach I'm a truck driver. I love the CHARGERS, did they do good in the draft? Really only time will tell. There have been first round bust and late round stars.We're all waiting to see what they are trying to do and what they are trying to build this organization into. I'm still excited aj and norv are gone. Did we all know and say they gotta do something about the line? Of course , so think for a second do we really think that they don't know that? That they don't know that they are under the microscope?
    If these guys are busts or the team goes down in flames this year I will be back on here saying how right you ALL were, however if that is not he case I wanna see ALL of y'all on here saying how wrong you ALL were.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    I'd say it's a C+/B- draft. They filled some needs, they definitely got value even down to Sorensen, but there's just so many holes left on this team I don't think any single draft could fix it.

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Posted it to Twitter and it may be a slight overstatement, but I honestly feel like AJ would have done a more effective job in this draft. The way it was structured and they way the players fell aligned right with his tendencies and habits.

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Long term....maybe a B+ draft for me, I think we got at least 3 starters which makes any draft class successful.

As far as 2013 is concerned....F. We got nobody to protect Rivers' blindside and nobody to go hit Peyton Manning. We need to go sign McKinnie immediately, and as far as pass rushers we're probably ******. Teams are going to have days to throw against this defense.

14. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    At the end of the day, I think we'll look back at this draft as a success if the first 3 guys we pick turn out to be what they could be.

I know it seems like it ended on a downer because the final day wasn't so good, but let's not allow that to overshadow the 3 good players that we did get.

It will probably go into a different thread, but anyone got any wishes for UDFAs? CoronaDoug obviously likes him some Ray-Ray.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    I happen to think that if this team had a few less holes this would be a B+ grade right now. Admittedly there were only three guaranteed starters at LT and they went in the first four picks. The only other person I would've considered is Armstead and he went a pick before us (figures). After that there was nobody I'd honestly trust right now. Maybe Telesco/McCoy have confidence in Dunlap or Harris that we haven't seen. Maybe they will go get McKinnie. I don't know but the areas we added to are definitely better.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    The kid from Azusa Pacific
    Miguel Mayonset RB Stony Brook
    Robert Lester SS Alabama
    David Baas Missouri Western

17. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    We were also a little unlucky really. Tennessee snatched Warmack one slot before our pick, then New Orleans did the same with Armstead in the 3rd. Unlucky for the team, but it happens.

18. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Drafted by the Raiders

19. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Wouldn't have mattered. Telesco has already been quoted as saying he would have taken Fluker over Warmack.

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Replace Baas with McCray OLB Florida?

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Usually that is a scripted answer, but I actually believe it. OT is by far our biggest problem, and it allows us to bump Clary into OG....or cut him and sign a player that matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Who I would sign as UDFA's if there not picked up in the last few picks,

QB Tyler Bray
    QB Ryan Griffin
    RB Michael Ford
    RB Ray Graham
    WR Da'Rick Rogers
    WR Zach Rogers
    WR Rodney Smith
    WR Conner Vernon
    TE Jake Stoneburner
    OT Jason Weaver
    OT Xavier Nixon
    OT Jeff Nady
    OG Sam Brenner
    OG Alvin Bailey
    OG Omoregie Uzzi
    OLB Travis Johnson
    OLB Chase Thomas
    DE Lawrence Okoye
    DE Joe Vellano
    NT TJ Barnes
    NT Kwame Geathers
    NT Abry Jones
    CB Mike Edwards
    SS Zeke Motta
    SS Robert Lester

And ****, Bengals just snapped up Reid Fragel....

23. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I 'll go ahead and say I like every pick from Fluker to Williams (CB)

The only gripe I had was this was a "Deep Class" on O line and D line, and we failed to cash in.

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Either him or Ohio State's Nathan Williams.

25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Went back and looked at some old drafts....I'd say chances are 90% of the guys taken today will likely become career backups or will be out of the league in a few years. It's amazing to go back and look at all those names I studied, liked, and then they disappeared.

And then there are very few sprinkled in like Carl Nicks, Rickey Jean Francois, and Jason McCourty who I liked a lot and who were huge steals, but really those guys are few and far between.

26. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    I had a 5th round grade on Kevin Reddick with a late 4th/early 5th projection on him. Was I a bit ridiculous in that projection or did something happen that made him fall probably out of the draft?

27. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Also, doubt he'll come here unless the Raiders just don't call him at all (he's already said he "wants to be a Raider" despite growing up in SD and his father being a Charger fan), but Tony Jefferson (SS, Oklahoma) needs to get a call from us.

Since we've obviously scouted the Cal program, I'm in favor of giving Aaron Tipoti a call. Versatile 5-T/NT guy with experience playing nose in a 3-4 already. Heavy hands, great motor, just limited athleticism (but he's a freaking NT prospect). Same with Matt Summer-Gavin as Cal products go. He has not business going undrafted. Versatile utility OL who in all honesty should be able to beat out Ohrnberger in camp with little difficulty.

If neither of Chris Faulk, Luke Marquardt, or Nick Becton get brought on, either our front office sucks at selling guys on coming here or they've had every intention of starting Dunlap (barring signing someone like McKinnie or Sean Locklear - if he's fully recovered from his ACL injury) from the get-go. Also won't be shocked if Joe D tries to get hold of Nebraska's Ben Cotton and get him to bulk up to possibly play tackle down the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
  29. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,503
    Well, it's not like we couldn't have drafted someone else and still gotten the QB. ;)

30. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    • Like Like x 1